Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gift Baskets In Germany?

All:

I am trying like crazy to find a place on-line where I can purchase a
gift basket for my German colleague (I live in the United States). I
would prefer that I could buy him a basket that includes a bottle of
wine (but my options may be limited).

For all the power of the Internet, I cannot seem to find an
English-language site where I can purchase an gift basket that contains
alcohol and send it to my colleague (in Germany).

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"john" > schreef in bericht
ups.com...
> All:
>
> I am trying like crazy to find a place on-line where I can purchase a
> gift basket for my German colleague (I live in the United States). I
> would prefer that I could buy him a basket that includes a bottle of
> wine (but my options may be limited).
>
> For all the power of the Internet, I cannot seem to find an
> English-language site where I can purchase an gift basket that contains
> alcohol and send it to my colleague (in Germany).
>
> If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Gift baskest aren't overly common in Germany. Aroudn Xmas time, peopel do
send their loev ones parcels, which often include home baked cookies, bread
(Wiehnachtsbrot), Lebkuchen, marmalade, liqueurs etc. So mayeb there is
nt'much of a market for ready made gist baskets over there. Also, the
Internet hasn't take n off as fast in Germany as in some other Western
countries.

Nonethelses, maybe you can find something anyway. Some large chains of
department stores are Hertie, Karstadt and Wertheim. Two upmarket department
stores are Galeria Kaufhof and KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens), both in
Berlin. Contacting them might work. If they don't have online shops, it
might still be possible to order over the phone and pay by credit card.