Greg Grosz

Default Tuna Casserole w/baking powder biscuits recipe???

My mom used to make a tuna casserole topped with baking powder biscuits, and
I¹m trying to find a recipe that seems familiar...

I think she put in cream of mushroom soup, peas, onion, noodles besides
tuna. I think she put the baking powder biscuits on the bottom and they
rose to the top??? I¹m looking for such a recipe.

Thanks,
Greg

Dimitri

"Greg Grosz" > wrote in message
My mom used to make a tuna casserole topped with baking powder biscuits, and
I'm trying to find a recipe that seems familiar...

I think she put in cream of mushroom soup, peas, onion, noodles besides
tuna. I think she put the baking powder biscuits on the bottom and they
rose to the top??? I'm looking for such a recipe.

Thanks,
Greg

1. Please drop the HTML.

2. This is probably close only sub mushroom soup.

1 (12 oz.) can tuna, drained, flaked
1 (11 oz.) can cheddar cheese soup
2 tbsp. pickle relish, drained
1/4 c. chopped green onion
2 c. biscuit mix
1/3 c. milk
1/4 c. mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine tuna, green onion, mayonnaise,
pickle relish. Spread over bottom of lightly greased 8 x 8 inch baking
dish. Prepare biscuit mix by mixing with 1/2 to 2/3 cup water. Spoon
evenly over tuna mixture. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat cheese soup and
milk in small saucepan to use as sauce for the casserole.

limey

"Greg Grosz" wrote in message

My mom used to make a tuna casserole topped with baking powder biscuits, and
I'm trying to find a recipe that seems familiar...

I think she put in cream of mushroom soup, peas, onion, noodles besides
tuna. I think she put the baking powder biscuits on the bottom and they
rose to the top??? I'm looking for such a recipe.

Thanks,
Greg

Try this link, Greg, and scroll down to the Tuna Biscuits Surprise recipe,
which sounds close. You could probably work noodles into it:

http://www.justpeace.org/tuna.htm

Dora

Chef R. W. Miller

Tuna Casserole w/baking powder biscuits recipe???
TUNA CASSEROLE
INGREDIENTS
a.. 1 package of medium size shell noodles
b.. 2 small cans or 1 large can of tuna
c.. 1 block of cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
d.. 1 small bag or can of peas
e.. 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
f.. 2 to 4 cups of milk
g.. 2 to 4 tablespoons corn starch
h.. 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Cheese Biscuits
a.. 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
b.. 3 teaspoons baking powder
c.. 1 teaspoon salt
d.. 1/4 cup shortening
e.. 3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
f.. 3/4 cup milk
Make Biscuit Dough:
Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl; cut in shortening. Add grated cheese. Add milk, stirring with a fork until all flour is moistened. Turn out onto a lightly floured cloth-covered board and knead gently for 20 seconds. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with lightly floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Set aside (covered with a wet cloth) for now.
Drain tuna. Grate cheese. Boil noodles until al dente; drain.
To make the white sauce, melt butter; add 2 tablespoons of corn starch and a little bit of milk. Stir constantly until it thickens. Keep adding milk as it thickens alternating with corn starch if needed Stir until thick and creamy. Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and a handful of cheddar. Mix noodles, peas, tuna, 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and the white sauce together.
Place biscuit dough in bottom of pan or dish. Pour Tuna mixture over top of biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Biscuits will float to the top while baking. Cook until biscuits are brown on top. Vegetarian Variation: may use any kind of vegetables or beans in place of tuna.
Enjoy:
Chef R. W. Miller
Marriott Resorts & Hotels
"Greg Grosz" > wrote in message ...
My mom used to make a tuna casserole topped with baking powder biscuits, and I'm trying to find a recipe that seems familiar...

I think she put in cream of mushroom soup, peas, onion, noodles besides tuna. I think she put the baking powder biscuits on the bottom and they rose to the top??? I'm looking for such a recipe.

Thanks,
Greg