Default choc.cream pie

any easy ways of making a homemade choc. cream pie.please let me know
thanks

John Gaughan

zxcvbob wrote:
> *Instant* pudding and pie filling. Make the pudding with whole milk,
> or if you only have lowfat milk, add a little half-n-half or light
> cream. Top with Reddi Whip real whipped cream.

Well, the OP did say "easiest" and not "easy but tastes good." The cream
would help, but instant pudding can only do so much. This would need a
LOT more fat and cholesterol to be a good dessert. Hopefully the premade
pie crust is made with butter.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Wayne Boatwright

John Gaughan > wrote in news:10712puk723u539
@corp.supernews.com:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>> *Instant* pudding and pie filling. Make the pudding with whole milk,
>> or if you only have lowfat milk, add a little half-n-half or light
>> cream. Top with Reddi Whip real whipped cream.

> Well, the OP did say "easiest" and not "easy but tastes good." The cream
> would help, but instant pudding can only do so much. This would need a
> LOT more fat and cholesterol to be a good dessert. Hopefully the premade
> pie crust is made with butter.

I realize that instant pudding is quicker than the cooked variety and, of
course, requires only beating and no cooking.

That said, I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog, much less
people. From the day it first appeared on supermarket shelves I thought it
was disgusting.

Wayne

ypauls

> That said, I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog, much less
> people. From the day it first appeared on supermarket shelves I thought

it
> was disgusting.
>
> Wayne

I sometimes wonder if the taste is sooo much better if it does not have
the name 'instant' attached to it.
It would be a good test if someone would leave their *Best* Chocolate
Cream Pie recipe, and then both could be made. Both would be serve to
friends and see if they could tell the difference.
Anyone up for the challenge?
I will post the results.
Cordially
ypauls

Dan Levy

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog,

Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

zxcvbob

Dan Levy wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>> I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog,

> Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

He said he *wouldn't* feed it to a cat or dog. Pay attention.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob
Mpoconnor7

>Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

A vet once told me never to feed onions or anything containing onions to a cat,
such as meatballs or spaghetti sauce or anything of that nature. I'm pretty
sure that includes garlic also. He said keep chocolate and onions away from
cats.

I don't know about dogs, though.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".
Wayne Boatwright

"ypauls" > wrote in :

>> That said, I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog, much less
>> people. From the day it first appeared on supermarket shelves I

thought
> it
>> was disgusting.
>>
>> Wayne

> I sometimes wonder if the taste is sooo much better if it does not have
> the name 'instant' attached to it.
> It would be a good test if someone would leave their *Best* Chocolate
> Cream Pie recipe, and then both could be made. Both would be serve to
> friends and see if they could tell the difference.
> Anyone up for the challenge?
> I will post the results.
> Cordially
> ypauls

Not a bad idea and probably a fun experiment. However, any type of
instant pudding I've ever tasted had both a telltale flavor and texture,
especially the texture. I've been served pie in restaurants that was not
predefined as being either instant or cooked, but one taste was enough to
know. The rest stayed on the plate.

Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"Dan Levy" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
> message . ..
>> I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog,

> Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

I don't. It was just an expression.

Wayne Boatwright

zxcvbob > wrote in
:

> Dan Levy wrote:
>
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
>> message . ..
>>
>>> I wouldn't feed instant pudding to my cat or dog,

>> Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.
>>

> He said he *wouldn't* feed it to a cat or dog. Pay attention.
>
> Best regards, ;-)
> Bob

Thank you, Bob.

Wayne
Julia Altshuler

Mpoconnor7 wrote:
>>Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

> A vet once told me never to feed onions or anything containing onions to a cat,
> such as meatballs or spaghetti sauce or anything of that nature. I'm pretty
> sure that includes garlic also. He said keep chocolate and onions away from
> cats.
>
> I don't know about dogs, though.

Chocolate is especially bad for dogs. Onions shouldn't be fed to dogs
though they're not as bad as chocolate.

--Lia

Dave Smith

Nancy Dooley wrote:

> Dogs LOVE garlic, and regular doses (not overdoses) won't hurt them -
> as a matter of fact, there are dog treats with garlic in them, and
> home-made ones are tasty (to the dogs, that is).

Not only do dogs love garlic, it helps them to repel bugs.

John D. Misrahi

And it would probably improve their breath!

>Not only do dogs love garlic, it helps them to repel bugs.

zxcvbob

Nancy Dooley wrote:
> ojunk (Mpoconnor7) wrote in message >...
>
>>>Do not feed chocolate anything to a cat or a dog.

>>A vet once told me never to feed onions or anything containing onions to a cat,
>>such as meatballs or spaghetti sauce or anything of that nature. I'm pretty
>>sure that includes garlic also. He said keep chocolate and onions away from
>>cats.
>>
>>I don't know about dogs, though.
>>
>>Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
>>
>>"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
>>proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
>>James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

> Dogs LOVE garlic, and regular doses (not overdoses) won't hurt them -
> as a matter of fact, there are dog treats with garlic in them, and
> home-made ones are tasty (to the dogs, that is).
>
> N.

This bit of bad advice (from Nancy's *vet* no less!) is probably because
dogs and cats have very simple digestive tracts, being carnivores. Yes, I
know dogs are omnivores because they will eat anything, but they mainly eat
meat. So lots of fresh onions can upset their stomach and give them gas or
diarrhea. This gets extrapolated to "no onion or garlic products of any
kind because they are *dangerous*." Bullshit.

The chocolate really is dangerous to a dog (I don't know about cats)
because it contain theobromin and they are very sensitive to it. The
chocolate instant pudding that brought all this on likely wouldn't have
enough theobromin in it to hurt anything, but it's a bad idea to feed it to
a dog anyway because the dog will acquire a taste for it and may steal a
bar of baking chocolate later.

The "no onions, garlic, or anything with onion powder in it" BS warning is
given with the same gravety as the "no chocolate" warning, causing people
to heed neither.

Best regards,
Bob
Nancy Young

zxcvbob wrote:

> The chocolate really is dangerous to a dog (I don't know about cats)
> because it contain theobromin and they are very sensitive to it. The
> chocolate instant pudding that brought all this on likely wouldn't have
> enough theobromin in it to hurt anything, but it's a bad idea to feed it to
> a dog anyway because the dog will acquire a taste for it and may steal a
> bar of baking chocolate later.

A friend of mine told me the story of her parent's dog ... some kind
of poodle. Dog *loved* chocolate. One day they came home and the
dog was dead, surrounded by chocolate wrappers. They assumed it was
related to the dog's diabetes. I didn't say anything at the time as
she was upset, but ... I don't know about the diabetes thing, but I
do think a large pile of chocolate might have had something to do
with it.

nancy
Julia Altshuler

Yes, chocolate can kill a dog. A friend's 50# dog managed to get into
the cocoa. Even the veterinarian couldn't save him. That's not saying
that you should panic if your dog gets a single M & M, but don't feed
dogs chocolate on purpose.

--Lia

Miche

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Nancy Dooley wrote:

> >>A vet once told me never to feed onions or anything containing onions to a
> >>cat,
> >>such as meatballs or spaghetti sauce or anything of that nature. I'm
> >>pretty
> >>sure that includes garlic also. He said keep chocolate and onions away
> >>from
> >>cats.
> >>
> >>I don't know about dogs, though.
> >>
> >>Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
> >>
> >>"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
> >>proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
> >>James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

> > Dogs LOVE garlic, and regular doses (not overdoses) won't hurt them -
> > as a matter of fact, there are dog treats with garlic in them, and
> > home-made ones are tasty (to the dogs, that is).
> >
> > N.

> This bit of bad advice (from Nancy's *vet* no less!) is probably because
> dogs and cats have very simple digestive tracts, being carnivores.

No, the vet said not to give onions to cats. It was Nancy's guess that
that included garlic. The vet was right -- onions can be dangerous to
cats. It causes a form of anaemia.

> Yes, I
> know dogs are omnivores because they will eat anything, but they mainly eat
> meat. So lots of fresh onions can upset their stomach and give them gas or
> diarrhea. This gets extrapolated to "no onion or garlic products of any
> kind because they are *dangerous*." Bullshit.

As I said above, onions _are_ dangerous to cats.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Nancy Dooley

Miche > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> zxcvbob > wrote:
>
> > Nancy Dooley wrote:

> > > Dogs LOVE garlic, and regular doses (not overdoses) won't hurt them -
> > > as a matter of fact, there are dog treats with garlic in them, and
> > > home-made ones are tasty (to the dogs, that is).
> > >
> > > N.

> > This bit of bad advice (from Nancy's *vet* no less!) is probably because
> > dogs and cats have very simple digestive tracts, being carnivores.

> No, the vet said not to give onions to cats. It was Nancy's guess that
> that included garlic.

No, not this Nancy. Quit misquoting. Your attributions are all
f*cked up!

The vet was right -- onions can be dangerous to
> cats. It causes a form of anaemia.

Are you talking about nancy or N. (me)? I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT
ONIONS, NOR DID I EQUATE ONIONS WITH GARLIC. I MERELY COMMENTED ON THE
GARLIC BIT SOMEONE ELSE WROTE. GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!! >;-)

N.
zxcvbob

Nancy Dooley wrote:

> Huh? I didn't give anyone any "bad" advice from my "vet" or anyone
> else's vet. Please don't misquote me.
>
> N.

Sorry,
You quoted Michael, and I read the attributions wrong.

Best regards,
Bob

REC: Triple choc brownies & decadent choc sauce Aussie1 General Cooking 0 15-12-2010 07:49 PM
Rum Choc Truffles cmo Recipes 0 31-12-2004 05:59 PM
ghirardelli choc pie Phyllis General Cooking 11 17-11-2004 11:20 PM
choc ant Chocolate 0 06-10-2004 10:17 AM
Choc Mixer a Baking 2 24-01-2004 04:03 PM