Matt

Default Flambee Fanatics - Whiskey!

Hi, I love to flambee with Brandy. I love it with Thanksgiving dinner,
used for everything from stuffing (veggie component - hard to flambee
bread crumbs) to main couse, also with virtually any bird, as well as
pork and pate. I've done Steak Diane. All these with Brandy.

Tried a few things with whiskey. Emeril's peach dessert. Almost
burned down the house :-) Classic Christmas moment. A whiskey butter
pork deal, also compliments of Emeril (way too rich) and of course, the
underrated always a hit bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

I wanted to expand my horizons and see what ideas there are out there
to take whiskey and make into cuisine. Any favorites?

I'll take suggestions for any whiskey, but I tend to actually have on
hand Irish and Scots whiskies.

Matt

Dave Smith

Matt wrote:

> Hi, I love to flambee with Brandy. I love it with Thanksgiving dinner,
> used for everything from stuffing (veggie component - hard to flambee
> bread crumbs) to main couse, also with virtually any bird, as well as
> pork and pate. I've done Steak Diane. All these with Brandy.
>
> Tried a few things with whiskey. Emeril's peach dessert. Almost
> burned down the house :-) Classic Christmas moment. A whiskey butter
> pork deal, also compliments of Emeril (way too rich) and of course, the
> underrated always a hit bread pudding with whiskey sauce.
>
> I wanted to expand my horizons and see what ideas there are out there
> to take whiskey and make into cuisine. Any favorites?
>
> I'll take suggestions for any whiskey, but I tend to actually have on
> hand Irish and Scots whiskies.

Whiskey steaks. Mix up some Dijon mustard and whiskey and marinate steaks
in it for a few hours. Exact proportions don't matter to much,