Default Need book recommendation about food

Hi,
I come accross Laurie Colwin "Home Cooking" and "More Home Cooking"
and really love them. Is there any book you can recommend similar to
those two? (topics are about food of all kind, have author's views,
experience and emotions or some nice little stories, and also full of
great recipes. )

Thanks a lot!

Rod Keys

A little heavier, but still great are Harold McGee's books such as "On Food
and Cooking" and "The Curious Cook". McGee started out as an armature
trying to figure out why eggs beat up better in copper bowls than other
bowls. Everybody knew it was true, but nobody could say why. From there
McGee went "off the deep end" and ended up writing books on "the scince and
lore" of cooking. McGee goes overboard on the science of some subjects, but
I found myself reading every word. - Good stuff!

Rod

oups.com...