Bob

Default Duck Liver

Michael wrote:

> Okay, S.O. brought some home. I'm thniking pate.

Is this the duck version of foie gras? If so, I have to mention that the
most eye-opening use of foie gras I've had was to put a little cube of
seared foie gras on top of a seared scallop. It was a helluva lot better
than any pté I've ever had. I don't usually like surf & turf combinations,
but the liver was so rich it was more like butter than meat.

Bob

Richard Green

Or...sautee quickly, deglaze with calvados, add some stock and make a jus.
Serve with apples caramelised in butter and brown sugar. Wicked!.
Richard.
"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...
> Okay, S.O. brought some home. I'm thniking pate.
>
> Michael
> --
> Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest
> violence.
> -- Hebrew proverb

Bob

Michael wrote:

> I do not think this is the foie gras version not that I've looked at it. I
> don't want to mess this up. Richard Green had a recipe I might try. The
> seared scallop sounds delicious. Do you serve it as an appetizer or
> entre'?

Definitely an appetizer. I first had it at Aqua when it was still in the
Bellagio in Vegas. Since then, I've seen foie gras and seafood combined on
episodes of Iron Chef.

Bob