Lewis Dodd

Default Soft chewy cookies

What ingredient makes cookies soft and chewy, like the special chocolate
chip cookies?

--
Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.

George

Lewis Dodd wrote:
> What ingredient makes cookies soft and chewy, like the special chocolate
> chip cookies?
>
> --
> Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
> you bounce.

The higher the fat content the softer and longer lasting they become.

George wrote:
> Lewis Dodd wrote:
> > What ingredient makes cookies soft and chewy, like the special

chocolate
> > chip cookies?
> >
> > --
> > Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but

how well
> > you bounce.
> >

> The higher the fat content the softer and longer lasting they become.

Well, maybe, but not in my experience. My cookies made with butter as
the shortening are always crispier and harder than my cookies made with
oleo. Vegetable shortening would probably work the same as oleo, but I
never use it.

I prefer the butter ones myself, but my family likes them softer.

N.

K. Reece

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> George wrote:
>> Lewis Dodd wrote:
>> > What ingredient makes cookies soft and chewy, like the special

> chocolate
>> > chip cookies?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but

> how well
>> > you bounce.
>> >

>> The higher the fat content the softer and longer lasting they become.

> Well, maybe, but not in my experience. My cookies made with butter as
> the shortening are always crispier and harder than my cookies made with
> oleo. Vegetable shortening would probably work the same as oleo, but I
> never use it.
>
> I prefer the butter ones myself, but my family likes them softer.
>
> N.

My experience is the opposite. I make soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies
with butter.

Kathy

zuuum

"K. Reece" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> George wrote:

>> chocolate

>> how well
>>> >

>>> The higher the fat content the softer and longer lasting they become.

>> Well, maybe, but not in my experience. My cookies made with butter as
>> the shortening are always crispier and harder than my cookies made with
>> oleo. Vegetable shortening would probably work the same as oleo, but I
>> never use it.
>>
>> I prefer the butter ones myself, but my family likes them softer.
>>
>> N.
>>

> My experience is the opposite. I make soft and chewy chocolate chip
> cookies with butter.

Since fat shortens (as in shortbread/crumbly), I would suspect egg is the
ingredient you are missing.

Cookie tips at http://www.cafecreosote.com/Reference/CookieTips.php3

putting them in the cookie jar with a small apple -

however, infusing them with lecithin or a like softener under a thousand
pounds of pressure at the factory also works

"Lewis Dodd" > wrote in message
> What ingredient makes cookies soft and chewy, like the special chocolate
> chip cookies?
>
> --
> Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
> you bounce.

Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp Judy Haffner General Cooking 117 12-10-2011 06:30 PM
looking for soft chewy peanutbutter cookies MJ General Cooking 9 24-02-2005 07:00 PM
chewy citrus cookies and the chocolate brownie cookies Susan Diabetic 2 19-04-2004 07:49 AM
chewy cookies Gael Dempster Baking 0 29-03-2004 02:40 PM
Q: chewy cookies Helen Baking 4 23-03-2004 05:44 AM