MJ

Default looking for soft chewy peanutbutter cookies

Just wondering if anyone has a good peanut butter cookie recipe that will
stay soft and chewy. Everytime i make them they taste good as soon as they
come out of the oven but after a day they are hard. These are my husbands
favorite cookie and i've been trying for years to perfect it. Any help would
be great!!
Thanks
MJ

biig

Found one we like on the Kraft peanut butter jar....no flour....just
pb, sugar and an egg...quantities on request.....more fat, but no
carbs.

MJ wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone has a good peanut butter cookie recipe that will
> stay soft and chewy. Everytime i make them they taste good as soon as they
> come out of the oven but after a day they are hard. These are my husbands
> favorite cookie and i've been trying for years to perfect it. Any help would
> be great!!
> Thanks
> MJ

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "MJ" > said:

> Just wondering if anyone has a good peanut butter cookie recipe that will
> stay soft and chewy. Everytime i make them they taste good as soon as they
> come out of the oven but after a day they are hard. These are my husbands
> favorite cookie and i've been trying for years to perfect it. Any help would
> be great!!

The following is an old recipe -- my mother got it out of a cookbook
she received in the '50's -- and they cookies stay pretty tender if
you store them properly:

Peanut Butter Cookies

1¼ C. flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ C. butter (room temp.)
½ C. peanut butter (room temp.)
½ C. white sugar
½ C. brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift first four ingredients together. With heavy spoon, cream butter
and peanut butter well. Add both sugars and cream until light. Beat
in egg, then add vanilla. Add flour in 2 or 3 portions, mixing well
after each. Chill one hour. Preheat oven to 375° F. Roll dough into
walnut-sized balls, then press onto ungreased cookie sheet with a
fork dipped in cold water. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire
racks. Yield: About 2½ dozen cookies.

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is
Faux_Pseudo

_.-In rec.food.cooking, MJ wrote the following -._
> Just wondering if anyone has a good peanut butter cookie recipe that will
> stay soft and chewy.

I love peanut butter. Don't know how humans lived until the 1880's
without it. But I don't like the cookies. For some reason they
always taste bitter much, i imagine, like a lot of people experience
with eggplant.

Does anyone have a recipie for PB Cookies that doesn't have that
bitter taste? Anyone know what causes it?

--
.-')) fauxascii.com ('-. | It's a damn poor mind that
' ..- .:" ) ( ":. -.. ' | can only think of one way to
Sharon Chilson

When I make chocolate chip cookies I use a stick of butter and a stick
of corn oil margarine. The cookies are very soft and tender. I'm
guessing that if you used a combination of butter and corn oil margarine
in peanut butter cookies they would be soft, too.

Damsel in dis Dress

biig >, if that's their real name, wrote:

> Found one we like on the Kraft peanut butter jar....no flour....just
>pb, sugar and an egg...quantities on request.....more fat, but no
>carbs.

Peanut butter and sugar have carbs. So do eggs, in very small amounts.

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

Faux_Pseudo >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipie for PB Cookies that doesn't have that
>bitter taste? Anyone know what causes it?

This recipe is wonderful. Please, no one get excited about the nutritional
information. It's not per cookie, it's for the entire recipe.

http://www.peanutbutter.com/recipe2.asp?id=4173

* Exported from MasterCook *

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipe By :Skippy®, slightly altered by Damsel
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cookies

1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter -- Skippy
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder,
baking soda and salt; set aside.

2. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and butter
until smooth. Beat in sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add
flour mixture; beat until well blended. If necessary, refrigerate dough.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then dip in sugar. Place 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork, making crisscross pattern.

4. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove; cool completely
on wire rack. Store in tightly-covered container.

Source:
"http://www.peanutbutter.com/"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 3725 Calories (kcal); 203g Total Fat; (47% calories from fat);
96g Protein; 410g Carbohydrate; 539mg Cholesterol; 4306mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 12 1/2 Grain(Starch); 9 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0
Fruit; 34 1/2 Fat; 14 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

biig

I stand corrected...I guess I was just thinking about the flour
carbs.....Sharon

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> biig >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
> > Found one we like on the Kraft peanut butter jar....no flour....just
> >pb, sugar and an egg...quantities on request.....more fat, but no
> >carbs.

> Peanut butter and sugar have carbs. So do eggs, in very small amounts.
>
> Carol
> --
> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
> Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."
>
> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

Kool, will have to try this recipe, haven't made peanut butter cookies
before, but I'll give these a try - thats if I can find out how many
cups to an ounce. Does anyone know?

Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp Judy Haffner General Cooking 117 12-10-2011 06:30 PM
Soft chewy cookies Lewis Dodd General Cooking 6 18-02-2005 04:27 PM
chewy citrus cookies and the chocolate brownie cookies Susan Diabetic 2 19-04-2004 07:49 AM
chewy cookies Gael Dempster Baking 0 29-03-2004 02:40 PM
Q: chewy cookies Helen Baking 4 23-03-2004 05:44 AM