mangodance

Default New experiences with Nutella - Orange Crepes w/Hazelnut/Chocspread-correction

I've corrected & added in the rest of the metric measurements below.
Can someone check my math?

Orange Crepes w/Hazelnut/Choc spread

Wet:
4 Lg Eggs
1/2 C (118.3 mL) Milk
1/2 C (118.3 mL) Orange Juice - (I sub a portion w/ Grand Marinier)

Dry:
1-1/2 C (375 mL) Flour
1-1/4 T (18.45 mL) sugar
1/2 t (2.46 mL) salt

1-1/4 T (18.45 mL) oil (hazelnut is nice)
1-1/2 t (7.38 mL) orange zest (I add more or less depending on how much
Grand Marinier I use)

Thoroughly mix wet (sans oil) & dry ingredients separately. Then
gradually mix the dry into the wet. Add the oil. Once mixed, add in
the orange zest. Set the mix aside for at least an hour, two hours is
better. If it is too thick, cut with a little milk.

I usually make double batches.

As soon as you take the crepes off the pan, put in a flat place and
spread nutella or your favorite hazelnut/chocolate spread over only one
half of the circle. Then fold the plain portion over the spread to make
a sort of half-moon. Then, folding from the middle point of the fold,
bring in the two ends to make roughly thirds folded upon each other.

BTW, in a pinch, use any good jam and a little confectioner's sugar if
you don't have the chocolate/hazelnut spread.

Enjoy...and the house smells GREAT when you do it!

Ariane Jenkins

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:54:26 -0400, mangodance > wrote:

> Orange Crepes w/Hazelnut/Choc spread
>

> Wet:
> 4 Lg Eggs
> 1/2 C (125 mL) Milk
> 1/2 C (125 mL) Orange Juice - (I sub a portion w/ Grand Marinier)
>
> Dry:
> 1-1/2 C (375 mL) Flour
> 1-1/4 T sugar
> 1/2 t salt
>
> 1-1/4 T oil (hazelnut is nice)
> 1-1/2 t orange zest (I add more or less depending on how much Grand
> Marinier I use)
>
> Thoroughly mix wet (sans oil) & dry ingredients separately. Then
> gradually mix the dry into the wet. Add the oil. Once mixed, add in
> the orange zest. Set the mix aside for at least an hour, two hours is
> better. If it is too thick, cut with a little milk.
>
> I usually make double batches.
>

> As soon as you take the crepes off the pan, put in a flat place and
> spread nutella or your favorite hazelnut/chocolate spread over only one
> half of the circle. Then fold the plain portion over the spread to make
> a sort of half-moon. Then, folding from the middle point of the fold,
> bring in the two ends to make roughly thirds folded upon each other.
>
> BTW, in a pinch, use any good jam and a little confectioner's sugar if
> you don't have the chocolate/hazelnut spread.
>
> Enjoy...and the house smells GREAT when you do it!

Thank you! It looks great.

Ariane
BOB

Ariane Jenkins wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:54:26 -0400, mangodance > wrote:
>
>> Orange Crepes w/Hazelnut/Choc spread
>>

>> Wet:
>> 4 Lg Eggs
>> 1/2 C (125 mL) Milk
>> 1/2 C (125 mL) Orange Juice - (I sub a portion w/ Grand Marinier)
>>
>> Dry:
>> 1-1/2 C (375 mL) Flour
>> 1-1/4 T sugar
>> 1/2 t salt
>>
>> 1-1/4 T oil (hazelnut is nice)
>> 1-1/2 t orange zest (I add more or less depending on how much Grand
>> Marinier I use)
>>
>> Thoroughly mix wet (sans oil) & dry ingredients separately. Then
>> gradually mix the dry into the wet. Add the oil. Once mixed, add in
>> the orange zest. Set the mix aside for at least an hour, two hours is
>> better. If it is too thick, cut with a little milk.
>>
>> I usually make double batches.
>>

>> As soon as you take the crepes off the pan, put in a flat place and
>> spread nutella or your favorite hazelnut/chocolate spread over only one
>> half of the circle. Then fold the plain portion over the spread to make
>> a sort of half-moon. Then, folding from the middle point of the fold,
>> bring in the two ends to make roughly thirds folded upon each other.
>>
>> BTW, in a pinch, use any good jam and a little confectioner's sugar if
>> you don't have the chocolate/hazelnut spread.
>>
>> Enjoy...and the house smells GREAT when you do it!

> Thank you! It looks great.
>
> Ariane

I think it needs more Nutella. I'd have to spread it on the entire circle.
Real thick, too. Might be messier, but then I could lick the Nutella off my
fingers, too!

BOB
;-)

Nutella ....again Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 16 23-05-2012 04:36 AM
Nutella jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 93 30-08-2009 02:34 AM
Nutella again Jordan Talbot General Cooking 0 27-08-2009 03:31 PM
Nutella Abaldwin + General Cooking 40 18-02-2006 06:38 PM
Nutella anywhere??? Aleks Kalezic General Cooking 42 10-02-2004 09:28 PM