Goomba38

Default Buttermilk Ideas?

I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
special you like to use it for?
Goomba

Dimitri

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

Pancakes,
Fried chicken
Waffles,
Quick breads
Biscuits
1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing

What are you in the mood for?

Go to epicurious dot com and do a recipe search for Buttermilk.

This sounds GREAT

Dimitri

INDIVIDUAL BERRY COBBLERS WITH LEMON BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM
For pastry stars
2 sheets frozen puff pastry (about 1 pound), thawed
an egg wash made by whisking 1 large egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water

For berry mixture
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
5 cups fresh blackberries (about 5 half-pints)
5 cups fresh raspberries (about 4 half-pints)
2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups sugar, or to taste

Accompaniment: lemon buttermilk ice cream

LEMON BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM
6 large egg yolks
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups buttermilk
zest of 1 large lemon
Make pastry stars:
On a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin roll out
each puff pastry sheet into a 14- by 13-inch-rectangle. With 1 or more
star-shaped cutters cut out 24 pastry stars. Divide pastry stars between 2
baking sheets, arranging in one layer, and freeze 5 minutes.
Remove baking sheets from freezer. Brush top of each pastry star lightly
with some egg wash (be careful not to drip down edges of pastry) and bake in
middle and lower thirds of oven about 5 minutes. Alternate baking sheets and
bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until pastry stars are puffed and golden
brown. Transfer pastry stars to a rack and cool completely. Pastry stars may
be made 2 days ahead and kept in a sealed plastic bag at room temperature.
Makes 24 stars.
Make berry mixtu
In a large bowl whisk together water, lemon juice, and cornstarch until
combined well. Add berries and sugar, tossing gently to combine well. Divide
berry mixture evenly among eight 1 1/2-cup shallow ramekins or baking dishes
and put in 2 shallow baking pans. Bake berries in middle and lower thirds of
oven 25 minutes and cool slightly.
To assemble cobblers:
Top each serving decoratively with pastry stars and a scoop of ice cream.
Serve cobblers hot or warm.
Make Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream:
In a small heavy saucepan whisk together yolks, lemon juice, and sugar and
cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, about 15 minutes, or until a
candy thermometer registers 175°F. (do not boil). Strain mixture through a
sieve into a bowl and cool, surface covered with plastic wrap.
Whisk buttermilk and zest into cooled lemon curd until combined well and
freeze in an ice-cream maker. Makes about 4 cups.
Serves 8.

Gourmet
July 1995

Dimitri

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> [...]

combined well. Add berries and sugar, tossing gently to combine well. Divide
berry mixture evenly among eight 1 1/2-cup shallow ramekins or baking dishes
and put in 2 shallow baking pans. Bake berries in middle and lower thirds of
oven 25 minutes and cool slightly.
To assemble cobblers:
Top each serving decoratively with pastry stars and a scoop of ice cream.
Serve cobblers hot or warm.
Make Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream:
In a small heavy saucepan whisk together yolks, lemon juice, and sugar and
cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, about 15 minutes, or until a
candy thermometer registers 175°F. (do not boil). Strain mixture through a
sieve into a bowl and cool, surface covered with plastic wrap.
Whisk buttermilk and zest into cooled lemon curd until combined well and
freeze in an ice-cream maker. Makes about 4 cups.

Goomba38

Dimitri wrote:

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

> Pancakes,
> Fried chicken
> Waffles,
> Quick breads
> Biscuits
> 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
>
> What are you in the mood for?

Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and don't
want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken recipe
from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your suggestion
on the epicurious website. Thanks
Goomba

Goomba38

Dimitri wrote:

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

> Pancakes,
> Fried chicken
> Waffles,
> Quick breads
> Biscuits
> 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
>
> What are you in the mood for?

Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and don't
want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken recipe
from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your suggestion
on the epicurious website. Thanks
Goomba

elaine

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing

Go to epicurious dot com and do a recipe search for Buttermilk.

I had no idea that ranch dressing had buttermilk in it - and I just
happened to have some in the fridge. So made the dressing. Not exactly the
way it said in the recipe but it tastes great.

sour cream
mayonnaise
lemon juice
buttermilk
fresh garlic, salt, pepper, zested onion, red pepper flakes

And will add it to crushed lime tortilla chips, avocado, lettuce and
tomatoes... maybe shrimp. Thanks for the site.

E.

elaine

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing

Go to epicurious dot com and do a recipe search for Buttermilk.

I had no idea that ranch dressing had buttermilk in it - and I just
happened to have some in the fridge. So made the dressing. Not exactly the
way it said in the recipe but it tastes great.

sour cream
mayonnaise
lemon juice
buttermilk
fresh garlic, salt, pepper, zested onion, red pepper flakes

And will add it to crushed lime tortilla chips, avocado, lettuce and
tomatoes... maybe shrimp. Thanks for the site.

E.

april jones

In article >, Goomba38 says...

>I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>special you like to use it for?
>Goomba

This is one of my favourite desserts and it so easy to make.

Buttermilk Sky Pie

1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
3 T. flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 t. vanilla
1 9-inch, chilled, unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat the eggs thoroughly, add the sugar and flour and continue beating for a few
minutes. Add the melted butter and the buttermilk. Mix well. Fold in the lemon
juice and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell. Bake 35 minutes.

"Wild salmon don't do drugs"
april jones

In article >, Goomba38 says...

>I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>special you like to use it for?
>Goomba

This is one of my favourite desserts and it so easy to make.

Buttermilk Sky Pie

1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
3 T. flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 t. vanilla
1 9-inch, chilled, unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat the eggs thoroughly, add the sugar and flour and continue beating for a few
minutes. Add the melted butter and the buttermilk. Mix well. Fold in the lemon
juice and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell. Bake 35 minutes.

"Wild salmon don't do drugs"
Harry Culpepper

.....or you could just crumble up some cornbread in it and eat it.

Robert Culpepper

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> [...]

> berry mixture evenly among eight 1 1/2-cup shallow ramekins or baking

dishes
> and put in 2 shallow baking pans. Bake berries in middle and lower thirds

of
> oven 25 minutes and cool slightly.
> To assemble cobblers:
> Top each serving decoratively with pastry stars and a scoop of ice cream.
> Serve cobblers hot or warm.
> Make Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream:
> In a small heavy saucepan whisk together yolks, lemon juice, and sugar and
> cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, about 15 minutes, or until a
> candy thermometer registers 175°F. (do not boil). Strain mixture through a
> sieve into a bowl and cool, surface covered with plastic wrap.
> Whisk buttermilk and zest into cooled lemon curd until combined well and
> freeze in an ice-cream maker. Makes about 4 cups.

Harry Culpepper

.....or you could just crumble up some cornbread in it and eat it.

Robert Culpepper

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> [...]

> berry mixture evenly among eight 1 1/2-cup shallow ramekins or baking

dishes
> and put in 2 shallow baking pans. Bake berries in middle and lower thirds

of
> oven 25 minutes and cool slightly.
> To assemble cobblers:
> Top each serving decoratively with pastry stars and a scoop of ice cream.
> Serve cobblers hot or warm.
> Make Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream:
> In a small heavy saucepan whisk together yolks, lemon juice, and sugar and
> cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, about 15 minutes, or until a
> candy thermometer registers 175°F. (do not boil). Strain mixture through a
> sieve into a bowl and cool, surface covered with plastic wrap.
> Whisk buttermilk and zest into cooled lemon curd until combined well and
> freeze in an ice-cream maker. Makes about 4 cups.

Dimitri

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
> > "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > > special you like to use it for?
> > > Goomba

> > Pancakes,
> > Fried chicken
> > Waffles,
> > Quick breads
> > Biscuits
> > 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
> >
> > What are you in the mood for?
> >

> Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
> Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and

don't
> want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken

recipe
> from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your

suggestion
> on the epicurious website. Thanks
> Goomba

As always, you're very welcome.

Dimitri

Dimitri

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
> > "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> > > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > > special you like to use it for?
> > > Goomba

> > Pancakes,
> > Fried chicken
> > Waffles,
> > Quick breads
> > Biscuits
> > 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
> >
> > What are you in the mood for?
> >

> Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
> Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and

don't
> want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken

recipe
> from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your

suggestion
> on the epicurious website. Thanks
> Goomba

As always, you're very welcome.

Dimitri

A.C.

> > > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > > special you like to use it for?
> > > Goomba

> > Pancakes,
> > Fried chicken
> > Waffles,
> > Quick breads
> > Biscuits
> > 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
> >
> > What are you in the mood for?
> >

> Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
> Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and

don't
> want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken

recipe
> from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your

suggestion
> on the epicurious website. Thanks
> Goomba

mmmm some good old fashioned southern buttermilk biscuits would be tasty.

A.C.

> > > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > > special you like to use it for?
> > > Goomba

> > Pancakes,
> > Fried chicken
> > Waffles,
> > Quick breads
> > Biscuits
> > 1/2 recipe Ranch Dressing
> >
> > What are you in the mood for?
> >

> Not really sure? I have a nice cake recipe from a recent Better Homes and
> Gardens that calls for buttermilk and lemon. Alas I'm out of lemon and

don't
> want to run out for any today. I purchased it for a killer fried chicken

recipe
> from Gourmet magazine and have this amount leftover. I'll take your

suggestion
> on the epicurious website. Thanks
> Goomba

mmmm some good old fashioned southern buttermilk biscuits would be tasty.

Erica

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?

I like buttermilk soaked bread to bind meatloaf or meatballs...

Erica

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?

I like buttermilk soaked bread to bind meatloaf or meatballs...

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Goomba38
> wrote:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

Make pancakes with the other cup. :-)

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Kentucky Butter Cake

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 24
Preparation Time: 1:30
Categories: Cakes/Cake Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine buttermilk
and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed
mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, blending after each
addition. Pour into 10" greased and floured tube pan or 12-cup Bundt
pan and bake at 325? for 60-65 minutes. After baking, poke lots of
holes in cake with bamboo skewer and slowly pour hot butter sauce over
top.

To make butter sauce, combine sugar, butter, and water in saucepan.
Heat until butter is melted. Do not boil. Add vanilla. Pour over cake
in pan. Let sit a few minutes then turn out onto serving plate.

----------
Notes: Believe this was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner or finalist
from the late 1960s. Recipe from Clydie North, neighbor across the
street when we moved in.

Per serving: 278 Calories; 13g Fat (42% calories from fat); 3g Protein;
38g Carbohydrate; 68mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread; 1 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates
_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-13-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Goomba38
> wrote:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

Make pancakes with the other cup. :-)

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Kentucky Butter Cake

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 24
Preparation Time: 1:30
Categories: Cakes/Cake Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine buttermilk
and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed
mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, blending after each
addition. Pour into 10" greased and floured tube pan or 12-cup Bundt
pan and bake at 325? for 60-65 minutes. After baking, poke lots of
holes in cake with bamboo skewer and slowly pour hot butter sauce over
top.

To make butter sauce, combine sugar, butter, and water in saucepan.
Heat until butter is melted. Do not boil. Add vanilla. Pour over cake
in pan. Let sit a few minutes then turn out onto serving plate.

----------
Notes: Believe this was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner or finalist
from the late 1960s. Recipe from Clydie North, neighbor across the
street when we moved in.

Per serving: 278 Calories; 13g Fat (42% calories from fat); 3g Protein;
38g Carbohydrate; 68mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread; 1 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates
_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-13-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!)
"The only difference between a rut and a grave is
the depth of the hole."
RMiller

>I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>special you like to use it for?
>Goomba

Any left over cornbread too?? I love to take icy cold buttermilk , sprinkle
with pepper and crumble cornbread in it... good!!
Rosie

RMiller

>I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>special you like to use it for?
>Goomba

Any left over cornbread too?? I love to take icy cold buttermilk , sprinkle
with pepper and crumble cornbread in it... good!!
Rosie
Goomba38

RMiller wrote:

> >I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> >special you like to use it for?
> >Goomba

> Any left over cornbread too?? I love to take icy cold buttermilk , sprinkle
> with pepper and crumble cornbread in it... good!!
> Rosie

No, I never developed a fondness for drinking the stuff. I recall accidentally
picking up a carton of buttermilk instead of regular milk in the grade school
cafeteria and was *shocked* when I took that first slug. Ugh. What an unexpected
surprise, huh? LOL
Goomba

Goomba38

RMiller wrote:

> >I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> >special you like to use it for?
> >Goomba

> Any left over cornbread too?? I love to take icy cold buttermilk , sprinkle
> with pepper and crumble cornbread in it... good!!
> Rosie

No, I never developed a fondness for drinking the stuff. I recall accidentally
picking up a carton of buttermilk instead of regular milk in the grade school
cafeteria and was *shocked* when I took that first slug. Ugh. What an unexpected
surprise, huh? LOL
Goomba

BOB

PENMART01 wrote:
>> Goomba38 writes.
>>
>> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>> special you like to use it for?

> Great to drink, ice cold.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

That's what I was thinking. 2 cups would be a nice *cold* refreshing drink.

BOB

BOB

PENMART01 wrote:
>> Goomba38 writes.
>>
>> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>> special you like to use it for?

> Great to drink, ice cold.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

That's what I was thinking. 2 cups would be a nice *cold* refreshing drink.

BOB

Dave Smith

Goomba38 wrote:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

Buttermilk pancakes!!!

Dave Smith

Goomba38 wrote:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

Buttermilk pancakes!!!

RMiller

>No, I never developed a fondness for drinking the stuff. I recall
>accidentally
>picking up a carton of buttermilk instead of regular milk in the grade school
>cafeteria and was *shocked* when I took that first slug. Ugh. What an
>unexpected
>surprise, huh? LOL
>Goomba
>
> Yes, a surprise , and a nasty one , at that. I have mixed up sugar and salt

before, when your mouth is ready for sugar and you get salt..... ugh..
Rosie
RMiller

>No, I never developed a fondness for drinking the stuff. I recall
>accidentally
>picking up a carton of buttermilk instead of regular milk in the grade school
>cafeteria and was *shocked* when I took that first slug. Ugh. What an
>unexpected
>surprise, huh? LOL
>Goomba
>
> Yes, a surprise , and a nasty one , at that. I have mixed up sugar and salt

before, when your mouth is ready for sugar and you get salt..... ugh..
Rosie
PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>
>Goomba38 wrote:
>
>> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>> special you like to use it for?
>> Goomba

>Buttermilk pancakes!!!

Yoose ladies... guaranteed to increase one cup size

BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM

1 cup whipping cream
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cold buttermilk

Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk egg yolks and
sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard thickens
slightly, about 6 minutes (do not boil). Strain into bowl. Stir in 1 cup cold
buttermilk. Refrigerate custard until cold, about 2 hours. Process in ice cream
maker according to manufacturer's instructions. (Can be prepared up to 5 days
ahead. Freeze in covered container.)

Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Asher Restaurant, Roswell, GA

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>
>Goomba38 wrote:
>
>> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
>> special you like to use it for?
>> Goomba

>Buttermilk pancakes!!!

Yoose ladies... guaranteed to increase one cup size

BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM

1 cup whipping cream
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cold buttermilk

Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk egg yolks and
sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard thickens
slightly, about 6 minutes (do not boil). Strain into bowl. Stir in 1 cup cold
buttermilk. Refrigerate custard until cold, about 2 hours. Process in ice cream
maker according to manufacturer's instructions. (Can be prepared up to 5 days
ahead. Freeze in covered container.)

Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Asher Restaurant, Roswell, GA

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

DaveR

>> Yoose ladies... guaranteed to increase one cup size
> BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM
> 1 cup whipping cream
> 6 large egg yolks
> 1/2 cup sugar
> 1 cup cold buttermilk
>
> Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk egg yolks

and
> sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg yolk

mixture.
> Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard

thickens
> slightly, about 6 minutes (do not boil). Strain into bowl. Stir in 1 cup

cold
> buttermilk. Refrigerate custard until cold, about 2 hours. Process in ice

cream
> maker according to manufacturer's instructions. (Can be prepared up to 5

days
> ahead. Freeze in covered container.)
>
> Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
>
> Asher Restaurant, Roswell, GA

It's about time someone suggested the greatest use for buttermilk. " drum
roll **** Buttermilk Ice Cream******
Yes, there is intelligent life in this universe.. Second best use is
buttermilk pie. Victor will be forced to try some this weekend and report as
to the validity of my claim.

Dave Ross

DaveR

>> Yoose ladies... guaranteed to increase one cup size
> BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM
> 1 cup whipping cream
> 6 large egg yolks
> 1/2 cup sugar
> 1 cup cold buttermilk
>
> Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk egg yolks

and
> sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg yolk

mixture.
> Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard

thickens
> slightly, about 6 minutes (do not boil). Strain into bowl. Stir in 1 cup

cold
> buttermilk. Refrigerate custard until cold, about 2 hours. Process in ice

cream
> maker according to manufacturer's instructions. (Can be prepared up to 5

days
> ahead. Freeze in covered container.)
>
> Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
>
> Asher Restaurant, Roswell, GA

It's about time someone suggested the greatest use for buttermilk. " drum
roll **** Buttermilk Ice Cream******
Yes, there is intelligent life in this universe.. Second best use is
buttermilk pie. Victor will be forced to try some this weekend and report as
to the validity of my claim.

Dave Ross

LAllin

You could bake a buttermilk pie and still have a little left for a pancake
or two; or, make the pie a little deeper.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Impossible Buttermilk Pie

Recipe By :Bisquick "No Time to Cook" Recipe booklet
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Dessert

1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup margarine -- melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9x 1/4 inches. Beat all
ingredients until smooth, 30 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with
hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out
clean, about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with mixed fresh fruit if
desired.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On 18-Mar-2004, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Goomba38 wrote:
>
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

LAllin

You could bake a buttermilk pie and still have a little left for a pancake
or two; or, make the pie a little deeper.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Impossible Buttermilk Pie

Recipe By :Bisquick "No Time to Cook" Recipe booklet
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Dessert

1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup margarine -- melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9x 1/4 inches. Beat all
ingredients until smooth, 30 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with
hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out
clean, about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with mixed fresh fruit if
desired.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On 18-Mar-2004, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Goomba38 wrote:
>
> > I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> > special you like to use it for?
> > Goomba

Wayne Boatwright

Goomba38 > wrote in news:4059EF58.662A90E6
@comcast.net:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

This may sound disgusting or, at the very least, unappealing. In the South
a favorite is to crumble leftover cornbread into a large glass and pour
buttermilk over it. Eat with a spoon.

Wayne
Wayne Boatwright

Goomba38 > wrote in news:4059EF58.662A90E6
@comcast.net:

> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> special you like to use it for?
> Goomba

This may sound disgusting or, at the very least, unappealing. In the South
a favorite is to crumble leftover cornbread into a large glass and pour
buttermilk over it. Eat with a spoon.

Wayne
Charles Gifford

" BOB" > wrote in message
> PENMART01 wrote:
> >> Goomba38 writes.
> >>
> >> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> >> special you like to use it for?

> > Great to drink, ice cold.
> >

> > ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> > ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> > Sheldon
> > ````````````
> > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

> That's what I was thinking. 2 cups would be a nice *cold* refreshing

drink.

> BOB

Cold buttermilk is hard to beat! Lovely!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

" BOB" > wrote in message
> PENMART01 wrote:
> >> Goomba38 writes.
> >>
> >> I have about 2 cups of leftover Buttermilk. I'm looking for anything
> >> special you like to use it for?

> > Great to drink, ice cold.
> >

> > ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> > ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> > Sheldon
> > ````````````
> > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

> That's what I was thinking. 2 cups would be a nice *cold* refreshing

drink.

> BOB

Cold buttermilk is hard to beat! Lovely!

Charlie

limey

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message >

> This may sound disgusting or, at the very least, unappealing. In the

South
> a favorite is to crumble leftover cornbread into a large glass and pour
> buttermilk over it. Eat with a spoon.
>
> Wayne

Exactly what my husband does, as well as drinking buttermilk. He always
complains, though, that "you can't get real buttermilk anymore unless you
have a cow."

Dora

Buttermilk Pie Plus! Boron Elgar General Cooking 1 24-06-2011 01:03 AM
Buttermilk Pie Plus! Ema Nymton General Cooking 0 18-06-2011 08:59 PM
Buttermilk Pie koko General Cooking 15 29-06-2009 02:33 AM
Bean ideas? Eggplant ideas? serene General Cooking 2 01-04-2006 11:27 PM
Homemade Buttermilk and Buttermilk Pancakes A1 WBarfieldsr Recipes (moderated) 0 20-10-2003 12:48 PM