Vox Humana

"BookWight" > wrote in message
9...
> Hi -
> I made a package of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix with
> the Hershey's Syrup Pouch. In accordance with the instructions, I made it
> in an 8x8 pan cooked at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes. About 1 inch of the
> outside perimeter was cooked, leaving the interior still rather in a
> pudding-like state. I don't have an oven thermometer, so I can't tell if
> my oven temp is inaccurate. What went wrong?

Oven temperature not accurate. Wrong type of pan (glass, dark metal, shiny
metal?). Pan not in center of oven. Measuring error - you added too much
liquid accidentally. Oven door opened too frequently.

Baking times are just suggestions based on the experience of the person
writing the recipe. You may find it necessary to increase or decrease the
time based on your actual experience.

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "Vox Humana" > said:
> "BookWight" > wrote in message
> 9...

> > I made a package of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix with
> > the Hershey's Syrup Pouch. In accordance with the instructions, I made it
> > in an 8x8 pan cooked at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes. About 1 inch of the
> > outside perimeter was cooked, leaving the interior still rather in a
> > pudding-like state. I don't have an oven thermometer, so I can't tell if
> > my oven temp is inaccurate. What went wrong?

> Oven temperature not accurate. Wrong type of pan (glass, dark metal, shiny
> metal?). Pan not in center of oven. Measuring error - you added too much
> liquid accidentally. Oven door opened too frequently.
>
> Baking times are just suggestions based on the experience of the person
> writing the recipe. You may find it necessary to increase or decrease the
> time based on your actual experience.

And I *strongly* suggest you invest in an oven thermometer. When we
moved into this house, I suddenly couldn't bake worth a damn; read
here about the importance of knowing your oven's true tempurature,
and now I wouldn't do without one...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF