Ted Campanelli

Default Rant: Inconsistency at Outback Steak House.

Last week my wife and I stopped at a local Outback for dinner. The
salads and soup were EXCELLENT. The steaks, not bad, but nothing to
write home about (we had the 14 oz rib eye - Rockhampton ?).

Tonight we stopped there again. The soup and salad were inedible due to
the excess of pepper and the steaks could have been used for resoling
the shoes (14 oz rib eye dome medium - dark pink in the middle).

When we complained we were told "We make our soups and salad dressings
from scratch. We use the same recipe and they do not vary from day to
day. I find it difficult to believe the steaks are tough. They are
choice cut and tenderized to insure they are not tough (don't ask me
what they 'tenderize' them with)." When I asked for replacements that
did not have all the pepper I was given a run around and FINALLY told
they would be replaced, but we would be charged for them. The same with
the steak.

We left. As we were leaving the manager said if we didn't pay he would
call the police. He got "quite perplexed" when I asked if he would like
my home address and phone to give to the police. Been 3 hours now and
no call from the police.

Needless to say, we will not be going back to that particular Outback
again and I am notifying the main office about what happened.

It's Not OutBack! The Side Porch Steak House jmcquown General Cooking 11 16-12-2006 08:19 PM
Outback style Steak Tim Recipes 0 09-09-2005 02:56 AM
Outback Steak House? Stan Horwitz General Cooking 6 31-07-2005 06:54 PM
Outback style Steak Tim Recipes 0 03-05-2005 04:41 PM
Rant: Inconsistency at Outback Steak House. Ted Campanelli General Cooking 18 15-01-2005 08:17 PM