Stan Horwitz

Default Outback Steak House?

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> I'm being taken there for dinner this week, as repayment for
> helping out someone's mother.
> Never having been there, what are good bets to order. I
> don't eat beef, but there must be other good things on the
> menu? Or not?

If you don't eat beef, going to a steak house doesn't seem to make much
sense, in my humble opinion. Since this is your treat, why not ask the
person treating you to take you out to eat elsewhere? I like Outback
Steakhouse's food, but I only order the steak, so I cannot vouch for the
other items on the menu. You can easily check their web site to find out
what the menu is. The menu does offer one or two fish and chicken dishes
that you may enjoy. The soups there are pretty good too. I was there
last Friday and my chicken pot pie soup was a real treat. It was very
creamy and loaded with chicken.
morgul the friendly drelb

Stan - I think you're about 2 years late with this....

dwacon

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm being taken there for dinner this week, as repayment for
>> helping out someone's mother.
>> Never having been there, what are good bets to order. I
>> don't eat beef, but there must be other good things on the
>> menu? Or not?

You can go to Backout Steak House and not eat beef? Well then have the
Bloomin' Onion and some schnicken...

--
I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Stan Horwitz

In article .com>,
"morgul the friendly drelb" > wrote:

> Stan - I think you're about 2 years late with this....

Ooops!!!!!!!
Arri London

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> > I'm being taken there for dinner this week, as repayment for
> > helping out someone's mother.
> > Never having been there, what are good bets to order. I
> > don't eat beef, but there must be other good things on the
> > menu? Or not?

> If you don't eat beef, going to a steak house doesn't seem to make much
> sense, in my humble opinion. Since this is your treat, why not ask the
> person treating you to take you out to eat elsewhere? I like Outback
> Steakhouse's food, but I only order the steak, so I cannot vouch for the
> other items on the menu. You can easily check their web site to find out
> what the menu is. The menu does offer one or two fish and chicken dishes
> that you may enjoy. The soups there are pretty good too. I was there
> last Friday and my chicken pot pie soup was a real treat. It was very
> creamy and loaded with chicken.

That's a very old message to which you have replied LOL! That happened
over a year ago I think.
In any case I had the lamb. Adequate but hardly outstanding.

*JimH*

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm being taken there for dinner this week, as repayment for
>> helping out someone's mother.
>> Never having been there, what are good bets to order. I
>> don't eat beef, but there must be other good things on the
>> menu? Or not?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! Medium rare steaks. (Homer Simpson drool).
Try them.

Onion loaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (More Homer Simpson drool). Try them too.

Great place if you like meat. Not so if you are not a meat eater.

Try "Veggies 'R Us' if you don't like meat. :-)

serene

Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> > I'm being taken there for dinner this week, as repayment for
> > helping out someone's mother.
> > Never having been there, what are good bets to order. I
> > don't eat beef, but there must be other good things on the
> > menu? Or not?

> If you don't eat beef, going to a steak house doesn't seem to make much
> sense, in my humble opinion.

When I was a vegetarian, a steak house was one place I could be
guaranteed of finding something to eat, since they all seemed to have
baked potatoes and salad.

serene

It's Not OutBack! The Side Porch Steak House jmcquown General Cooking 11 16-12-2006 09:19 PM
Outback style Steak Tim Recipes 0 09-09-2005 02:56 AM
Outback style Steak Tim Recipes 0 03-05-2005 04:41 PM
Rant: Inconsistency at Outback Steak House. Ted Campanelli General Cooking 18 15-01-2005 09:17 PM
Rant: Inconsistency at Outback Steak House. Ted Campanelli General Cooking 0 09-01-2005 12:23 AM