DJS0302

Default Beef tenderloin

What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price for it?
I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not worth the
price in my opinion.
Bigbazza

"DJS0302" > wrote in message
> What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price for
> it?
> I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not
> worth the
> price in my opinion.

Why ?...What do you call 'Expensive' for it ?...How much a pound ?...I am
interested to know the cost and compare it to what I pay in Sydney,
Australia for it !

--
Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

Bigbazza

On 26-Dec-2004, "Bigbazza" > wrote:

> "DJS0302" > wrote in message
> > What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price
> > for
> > it?
> > I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not
> > worth the
> > price in my opinion.

> Why ?...What do you call 'Expensive' for it ?...How much a pound ?...I am
> interested to know the cost and compare it to what I pay in Sydney,
> Australia for it !
>
> --
> Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

In St. Louis, Missouri USA, beef tenderloin is generally $10.99/lb. at the
chain supermarkets. The independent grocer where I get mine typically
prices it at $6.99/lb. I buy it, cut it into 1" thick steaks, which I bacon
wrap to have very reasonably priced filet mignon.

On 26-Dec-2004, "L" > wrote:

> On 26-Dec-2004, "Bigbazza" > wrote:
>
> > "DJS0302" > wrote in message
> > > What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price
> > > for
> > > it?
> > > I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not
> > > worth the
> > > price in my opinion.

> > Why ?...What do you call 'Expensive' for it ?...How much a pound ?...I
> > am
> > interested to know the cost and compare it to what I pay in Sydney,
> > Australia for it !
> >
> > --
> > Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

> In St. Louis, Missouri USA, beef tenderloin is generally $10.99/lb. at the
> chain supermarkets. The independent grocer where I get mine typically
> prices it at $6.99/lb. I buy it, cut it into 1" thick steaks, which I
> bacon
> wrap to have very reasonably priced filet mignon.

I erred in the price I gave; $6.99 HAD been the price I paid; this year it
has increased to $7.99/lb. One thought on the pricing, overall; I don't
think these prices are particularly high when compared to the better steak
cuts. However, the average tenderloin is around 5-7 lbs., making the total
for the "package" of meat much higher than other cuts I typically buy, which
might be only 1-3 lbs.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

On 26-Dec-2004, "L" > wrote:

> On 26-Dec-2004, "Bigbazza" > wrote:
>
> > "DJS0302" > wrote in message
> > > What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price
> > > for
> > > it?
> > > I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not
> > > worth the
> > > price in my opinion.

> > Why ?...What do you call 'Expensive' for it ?...How much a pound ?...I
> > am
> > interested to know the cost and compare it to what I pay in Sydney,
> > Australia for it !
> >
> > --
> > Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

> In St. Louis, Missouri USA, beef tenderloin is generally $10.99/lb. at the
> chain supermarkets. The independent grocer where I get mine typically
> prices it at $6.99/lb. I buy it, cut it into 1" thick steaks, which I
> bacon
> wrap to have very reasonably priced filet mignon.

I erred in the price I gave; $6.99 HAD been the price I paid; this year it
has increased to $7.99/lb. One thought on the pricing, overall; I don't
think these prices are particularly high when compared to the better steak
cuts. However, the average tenderloin is around 5-7 lbs., making the total
for the "package" of meat much higher than other cuts I typically buy, which
might be only 1-3 lbs.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Dave Smith

DJS0302 wrote:

> What's so great about beef tenderloin to justify the exorbitant price for it?
> I've had it on several occasions and while it's okay, it's really not worth the
> price in my opinion.

It's my favourite cut of beef. They are tender and tasty with minimal work. The
problem for a lot of people is that tenderloin should not be cooked bast rare or
maybe medium rare because it loses its flavor and nice texture.

As for expense.... I would rather have a small piece of good meat than a large
chewy piece. A 6-7 oz filet with no fat and no bone is a decent serving and costs
less than other good beef steaks.

Marinated Beef Tenderloin lottery75115 Recipes (moderated) 0 09-01-2006 08:45 PM
Roast beef tenderloin Opinicus Historic 1 22-12-2005 07:23 PM
Beef Tenderloin Sauté Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2005 10:40 PM
Beef Tenderloin jmcquown General Cooking 3 08-06-2005 06:35 PM
Whole Beef Tenderloin Dan Barbecue 5 13-03-2004 03:50 AM