shellz

Default Transporting Turkey

Hi Everyone
Merry Christmas!! I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and
an uncooked turkey. What is the best way to transport it? I'm worried
about poisoning the 18 people who will be at Christmas Dinner

Thanks
Michelle
PENMART01

>michelle.buckley writes:
>
>I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and an uncooked turkey.

What is the best way to transport it?

Whether frozen or not, in an ice chest, with lots of ice of course.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>michelle.buckley writes:
>
>I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and an uncooked turkey.

What is the best way to transport it?

Whether frozen or not, in an ice chest, with lots of ice of course.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dave Smith

shellz wrote:

> Hi Everyone
> Merry Christmas!! I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and
> an uncooked turkey. What is the best way to transport it? I'm worried
> about poisoning the 18 people who will be at Christmas Dinner

I would recommend a cooler if you can find one big enough. If not, the
trunk of your car should be nice and cold (if you have a trunk in your
vehicle). However, I suppose that would depend on where you are located.
It's sitting right around the freezing point here right now, and is
supposed to get colder later on today.

Dave Smith

shellz wrote:

> Hi Everyone
> Merry Christmas!! I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and
> an uncooked turkey. What is the best way to transport it? I'm worried
> about poisoning the 18 people who will be at Christmas Dinner

I would recommend a cooler if you can find one big enough. If not, the
trunk of your car should be nice and cold (if you have a trunk in your
vehicle). However, I suppose that would depend on where you are located.
It's sitting right around the freezing point here right now, and is
supposed to get colder later on today.

The Wolf

Strap it to the roof, the wind chill factor alone will suffice.....

Dave Smith > wrote:

> shellz wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone
> > Merry Christmas!! I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me this evening and
> > an uncooked turkey. What is the best way to transport it? I'm worried
> > about poisoning the 18 people who will be at Christmas Dinner

> I would recommend a cooler if you can find one big enough. If not, the
> trunk of your car should be nice and cold (if you have a trunk in your
> vehicle). However, I suppose that would depend on where you are located.
> It's sitting right around the freezing point here right now, and is
> supposed to get colder later on today.

PENMART01

>elvispee writes:
>
>Strap it to the roof, the wind chill factor alone will suffice.....

How your brain froze.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
TheCatinTX

>Strap it to the roof, the wind chill factor alone will suffice.....

.... yes! With maybe a bow and some tinsel for a festive look.
TheCatinTX

>Strap it to the roof, the wind chill factor alone will suffice.....

.... yes! With maybe a bow and some tinsel for a festive look.

PENMART01

>(TheCatinTX)
>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>Date: 24 Dec 2004 06:51:31 GMT
>

>>Strap it to the roof, the wind chill factor alone will suffice.....

>... yes! With maybe a bow and some tinsel for a festive look.

And if driving through MN it won't thaw enough to cook for a week.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
PENMART01