jmcquown

Default Good lunch at an "old" place

I met a friend for lunch yesterday at a place which used to have 3 locations
in Memphis but now has only 1. It's a "chain" restaurant but I've always
found the food to be good and the service excellent. Steak & Ale. I think
I first ate there 28 years ago at one of the ones that since closed.
Location, location, location!

http://www.steakandale.com/menu.htm

We ordered from the 6 [items] for $6 lunch menu. The Hawaiian chicken (1/2
breast) was tender, grilled to perfection and served with their really nice
rice pilaf. The food was ready incredibly fast but the chicken was
obviously right off the grill. They serve a really nice mini-loaf of
freshly baked brown bread with butter. (I can also attest to their
excellent lobster bisque which is served daily.)

It was delicious and we had a good time catching up. The server was
attentive, refilling water but didn't 'hover'. He did his obligatory "want
some dessert?" thing but didn't push and produced the check just when we
wanted it. It was a very nice lunch experience.

Jill

Good sushi rolls place Does NOT necessarily = good sashimi Nanzi[_2_] Sushi 1 06-04-2011 03:32 AM
Seems as good a place as any. Adam Funk General Cooking 4 05-11-2007 10:03 PM
Lunch at Nils' place overlooking the Med Luk Wine 0 17-06-2005 08:18 PM
Good place to buy tea Aloke Prasad Tea 1 17-03-2005 03:06 AM
This seems like as good a place as any (What liquor to buy?) pavane Wine 29 24-08-2004 07:10 PM