Joel

Default Very old frozen chicken

I just found a couple of pounds of frozen chicken wings that are a
year and a half old. I was thinking of making some chicken soup from
them

1. Is this safe?

2. If it is safe, will it taste ok?

Thanks

Joel
zxcvbob

Joel wrote:

> I just found a couple of pounds of frozen chicken wings that are a
> year and a half old. I was thinking of making some chicken soup from
> them
>
> 1. Is this safe?

Yes. Definitely. They could be 10 years old and still be safe.

> 2. If it is safe, will it taste ok?

Yes, if they were wrapped well enough and not badly freezer burned. If
they are freezer burned, they still might be OK for soup but not much else.

> Thanks
>
> Joel

zxcvbob

Joel wrote:

> I just found a couple of pounds of frozen chicken wings that are a
> year and a half old. I was thinking of making some chicken soup from
> them
>
> 1. Is this safe?

Yes. Definitely. They could be 10 years old and still be safe.

> 2. If it is safe, will it taste ok?

Yes, if they were wrapped well enough and not badly freezer burned. If
they are freezer burned, they still might be OK for soup but not much else.

> Thanks
>
> Joel

Katra

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Joel wrote:
>
> > I just found a couple of pounds of frozen chicken wings that are a
> > year and a half old. I was thinking of making some chicken soup from
> > them
> >
> > 1. Is this safe?

> Yes. Definitely. They could be 10 years old and still be safe.
>
> > 2. If it is safe, will it taste ok?

> Yes, if they were wrapped well enough and not badly freezer burned. If
> they are freezer burned, they still might be OK for soup but not much else.
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Joel

ick. :-P
I've tried making soup out of freezer burned chicken...

Never again.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Katra