Nancree

Default What does "QUIZNOS" mean ???

"Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
"made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.

Any ideas?

jmcquown

Nancree wrote:
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>
> Any ideas?

Sounds like the name of a deli I've been hearing radio commercials for.

notbob

On 2004-02-15, jmcquown > wrote:

> Sounds like the name of a deli I've been hearing radio commercials for.

Sounds like the name of a deli-like sandwich joint that just went belly-up
6-8 weeks after it opened here.

nb
Mr. Wizard

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>
> Any ideas?

It's Italian for "Wonder where the investors money went."

Nancree > wrote:
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.

> Any ideas?

Why does a name of a business have to have to have a meaning
other than defining that business?

Jane Doe

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>
> Any ideas?

Better question: Why are all of you fat pompous *gourmands* so obsessed
with these fast food chains?

Michel Boucher

"Jane Doe" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Nancree" > wrote in message
>> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just
>> be a "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> Better question: Why are all of you fat pompous *gourmands* so
> obsessed with these fast food chains?

Even better question. Why do you care? And don't tell me you don't
because you took the time to post an annoying note, whereas me, I'm
just yankee'ing [sic] your chain, as I am wont to do from time to time.

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

Sam D.

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>
> Any ideas?

It means nothing at all and has no ethnic origin. The Quiznos name was
chosen because Q and Z are the least used letters in business names. This is
according to one firm whose specialty is consulting on proprietary business,
professional and product names.

http://www.brighternaming.com/critquiznos.html

I never considered use of the Q to be so uncommon. I guess that's because
the name of my own business also happens to begin with Q.

Pennyaline

"Nancree" wrote:
> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>
> Any ideas?

It has no meaning.

People generally assume the name Kodak has some kind of actual meaning, as
in some chemical or physical process. In truth, it has no significance
whatsoever, except that it proved to be catchy and easy to spell and
remember which was just what its creators intended.

Nancree

Thank you , Sam D. You were the only one who "got" my question. Word origins
are something of a hobby/interest of mine.
I appreciate your answer.
==========================

------------------
>It means nothing at all and has no ethnic origin. The Quiznos name was
>chosen because Q and Z are the least used letters in business names. This is
>according to one firm whose specialty is consulting on proprietary business,
>professional and product names.
>
>http://www.brighternaming.com/critquiznos.html
>
>I never considered use of the Q to be so uncommon. I guess that's because
>the name of my own business also happens to begin with Q.

Edwin Pawlowski

Pennyaline wrote:

> People generally assume the name Kodak has some kind of actual
> meaning, as in some chemical or physical process. In truth, it has no
> significance whatsoever, except that it proved to be catchy and easy
> to spell and remember which was just what its creators intended.

Equally important, it has no meanings in other languages.
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

George-a-Vailey

Liberals, Jane---Liberals.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:06:41 GMT, "Jane Doe"
> wrote:

>"Nancree" > wrote in message
>> "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
>> "made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>Better question: Why are all of you fat pompous *gourmands* so obsessed
>with these fast food chains?

TOM KAN PA

<< "Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
"made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions. >>
____Reply Separator_____
A search with several spanish to english translator sites showed nothing.
A spanish/english dictionary with over "50,000 entries" showed:
The spanish word 'Quiznos' was not found.

jmcquown

Nancree wrote:
> Thank you , Sam D. You were the only one who "got" my question. Word
> origins are something of a hobby/interest of mine.
> I appreciate your answer.

Like I'd object to something with 'Q' in it!

Jill McQ

> ==========================
>
>> Subject: What does "QUIZNOS" mean ???
>> From: "Sam D."

> ------------------
>> It means nothing at all and has no ethnic origin. The Quiznos name
>> was chosen because Q and Z are the least used letters in business
>> names. This is according to one firm whose specialty is consulting
>> on proprietary business, professional and product names.
>>
>> http://www.brighternaming.com/critquiznos.html
>>
>> I never considered use of the Q to be so uncommon. I guess that's
>> because the name of my own business also happens to begin with Q.

BillKirch

>Quiznos" sounds Spanish, but I don't think it is. It could just be a
>"made-up" word so that people like me would ask questions

################
It means "roadkill in a bun". BG
Eric Ferguson

It's in *gibberish* and means overpriced.....

BillKirch

>It's in *gibberish* and means overpriced.....

It mean Idiot advertising execs. BG

A question about Quiznos Sub John61 Restaurants 19 22-02-2008 01:11 AM
Quiznos Subs Dee Randall General Cooking 37 16-02-2006 04:14 PM
Quiznos, baby! pennyaline General Cooking 24 20-02-2005 08:23 AM
Quiznos Batch 81 John General Cooking 2 21-11-2003 08:27 PM
QUIZNOS Sub sandwich---Ugh! So bad Nancree General Cooking 117 17-11-2003 08:56 PM