sf

Default Ping: James - Dazey Donut Factory Recipe

Plain Donuts

1 C sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 C sugar plus 1 level tablespoon sugar
1 T double acting baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
1/4 C cooking oil
flavoring: vanilla, lemon, orange or almond extract,
cinnamon or nutmeg (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon according to taste

Combine and sift together dry ingredients. Beat egg and
milk together and then add the cooking oil. Mix thorooughly
into dry ingredients with an electric mixer (electric mixer
is written in bold type).

Preheat Donut Factory for 10 minutes, pour in batter, then
add 1/2 teaspoon lil into each circular cavity at top of
unit within first 2 minutes of baking. Bake for 5 minutes
or for crisper donuts, bake until oil no longer bubbles from
holes in top of lid.

Makes approximately 10 donuts

<untried> Variation: Substitute orange juice for milk (the
recipe says "liquid", but I think you need the oil)

sf
james a. finley

"sf" > wrote in message

> Plain Donuts
>
> 1 C sifted all-purpose flour
> 1/2 C sugar plus 1 level tablespoon sugar
> 1 T double acting baking powder
> 1/2 t salt
> 1/2 C milk
> 1/4 C cooking oil
> flavoring: vanilla, lemon, orange or almond extract,
> cinnamon or nutmeg (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon according to taste
>
> Combine and sift together dry ingredients. Beat egg and
> milk together and then add the cooking oil. Mix thorooughly
> into dry ingredients with an electric mixer (electric mixer
> is written in bold type).
>
> Preheat Donut Factory for 10 minutes, pour in batter, then
> add 1/2 teaspoon lil into each circular cavity at top of
> unit within first 2 minutes of baking. Bake for 5 minutes
> or for crisper donuts, bake until oil no longer bubbles from
> holes in top of lid.
>
> Makes approximately 10 donuts
>
> <untried> Variation: Substitute orange juice for milk (the
> recipe says "liquid", but I think you need the oil)
>

> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Thank you for the recipe. My maker is a Master Chef and does not have holes
in the top to put the oil. It is nonstick on the inside. Maybe just
brushing oil into the cavities will work. I'll give it a try. I remember
that the cinnamon donuts were great.

Jim

sf

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:46:19 -0600, "james a. finley"
> wrote:

> Thank you for the recipe.

No problem and you're welcome!

> My maker is a Master Chef and does not have holes
> in the top to put the oil.

I think the oil is supposed to make them crispier on the
outside. It does.

> It is nonstick on the inside.

Mine is too.

> Maybe just brushing oil into the cavities will work. I'll
> give it a try. I remember that the cinnamon donuts were great.

I'd just begin with a cooking spray. Seems to coat better.

sf
sf

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:46:19 -0600, "james a. finley"
> wrote:

> Thank you for the recipe.

No problem and you're welcome!

> My maker is a Master Chef and does not have holes
> in the top to put the oil.

I think the oil is supposed to make them crispier on the
outside. It does.

> It is nonstick on the inside.

Mine is too.

> Maybe just brushing oil into the cavities will work. I'll
> give it a try. I remember that the cinnamon donuts were great.

I'd just begin with a cooking spray. Seems to coat better.

sf

Ping: James Silverton re Poppadums Dee Dee General Cooking 3 20-06-2007 02:41 PM
PING Damsel-- James Beard's stuffing recipe Chris General Cooking 9 25-11-2005 12:15 AM
ping c james strutz: unfinished business usual suspect Vegan 195 12-12-2004 03:37 PM
Donut Factory Mike General Cooking 7 24-06-2004 08:34 PM
Curry donut recipe? KR Asian Cooking 9 19-05-2004 05:56 AM