Old 15-06-2021, 11:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This "Food Truck" drove past me

....while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

Old 16-06-2021, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:34:39 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

...while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner )
The food sounds/looks amazing
Janet US
Old 16-06-2021, 12:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

...while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner )
The food sounds/looks amazing
Janet US

It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
going to be. I'd love to give it a try.

Jill
Old 16-06-2021, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

...while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner )
The food sounds/looks amazing
Janet US

It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
going to be. I'd love to give it a try.

Jill

Maybe they have a'Net presence.
Janet US
Old 16-06-2021, 04:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 5:34:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:

...while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

Everything on their site looks so tasty.

Old 16-06-2021, 04:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:57:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
going to be. I'd love to give it a try.

Schedule, menu, etc can be found on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/gullahexpress/

Seems pretty heavy on deep fried stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but Gullah cuisine has a lot more to offer.

I'd absolutely give it a try. Looking forward to your report.