FoodBanter.com

-   -   This "Food Truck" drove past me (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/454491-food-truck-drove-past.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 15-06-2021 11:34 PM

This "Food Truck" drove past me

....while I was on my way to work this morning:

https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html

Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.

Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.

Jill

US Janet[_2_] 16-06-2021 12:45 AM

This "Food Truck" drove past me

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:34:39 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>...while I was on my way to work this morning:
>
>https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html
>
>Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
>Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.
>
>Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
>sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
>but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
>is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.
>
>Jill

You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner :))
The food sounds/looks amazing
Janet US

jmcquown[_2_] 16-06-2021 12:57 AM

On 6/15/2021 7:45 PM, US Janet wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:34:39 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> ...while I was on my way to work this morning:
>>
>> https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html
>>
>> Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
>> Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.
>>
>> Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
>> sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
>> but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
>> is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.
>>
>> Jill

> You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner :))
> The food sounds/looks amazing
> Janet US

It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
going to be. I'd love to give it a try.

Jill

US Janet[_2_] 16-06-2021 03:20 AM

This "Food Truck" drove past me

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:57:45 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/15/2021 7:45 PM, US Janet wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:34:39 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> ...while I was on my way to work this morning:
>>>
>>> https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html
>>>
>>> Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
>>> Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.
>>>
>>> Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
>>> sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
>>> but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
>>> is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> You should visit them on your way home and bring home dinner :))
>> The food sounds/looks amazing
>> Janet US
>>

>It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
>going to be. I'd love to give it a try.
>
>Jill

Maybe they have a'Net presence.
Janet US

[email protected][_2_] 16-06-2021 04:04 AM

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 5:34:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> ...while I was on my way to work this morning:
>
> https://gullahexpress.weebly.com/about.html
>
> Gullah Express. Very brightly painted, I couldn't help but notice it.
> Food trucks aren't a common thing around here.
>
> Gullah cuisine has always been known for being fresh and locally
> sourced. I don't have a need for catering nor am I planning a festival
> but I wish them much success. If I knew of a festival (their calendar
> is blank) I'd surely go try some fried shark.
>
> Jill

Everything on their site looks so tasty.

odlayo 16-06-2021 04:39 AM

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:57:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> It does look and sound amazing. Thing is, I can't tell where they're
> going to be. I'd love to give it a try.

Schedule, menu, etc can be found on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/gullahexpress/

Seems pretty heavy on deep fried stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but Gullah cuisine has a lot more to offer.

I'd absolutely give it a try. Looking forward to your report.