Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT.... my birthday present

I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got the
certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
tomorrow at 2 pm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:42:21 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
> after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
> me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
> choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got the
> certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
> retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
> down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
> tomorrow at 2 pm.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

Remember, any disagreement between a plane and the other earth,
earth ALWAYS wins.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2021 12:42 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
> after 7 months.Â* My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
> me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
> choose to follow up and get my pilot's license.Â* Back when I got the
> certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
> retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
> down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
> tomorrow at 2 pm.

Have fun. Never got my license but have flown (with a licensed pilot)
since I took the stick of a J3 Cub about 65 years ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12:42:21 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
> after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
> me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
> choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got the
> certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
> retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
> down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
> tomorrow at 2 pm.

That's strange. I thought all flying today was done by a computer or remote. The pilots and co-pilots are just security guards, etc...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
> after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise
> for me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if
> I choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got
> the certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is
> a retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of
> lock down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
> tomorrow at 2 pm.

Have fun and tell us how it goes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:42:16 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
> after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
> me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
> choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got the
> certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
> retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
> down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
> tomorrow at 2 pm.

When Donkeys Fly!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 17:22:09 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12:42:21 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I am excited because I finally get to make use of my birthday present
>> after 7 months. My wife and son had arranged a wonderful surprise for
>> me, a familiarization flight. It would count as a first lesson if I
>> choose to follow up and get my pilot's license. Back when I got the
>> certificate the flights were all booked up, and my friend, who is a
>> retired airline pilot, thought I should wait until spring when the
>> weather is nicer. Then we were in lock down. Well, we came out of lock
>> down yesterday and I was able to book a flight today. It will be
>> tomorrow at 2 pm.

>That's strange. I thought all flying today was done by a computer or remote. The pilots and co-pilots are just security guards, etc...

Bruce