Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oregon Trail Raisin Bread

I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
found one.

Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.

Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.

Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good
> one.* I found one.
>
> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and
> picked up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread.* Slightly thicker
> slice and loaded with raisins.* With Kerry Gold butter, two slices
> with a cup of coffee was my breakfast two days this week.* WalMart
> also carries it.
>
> Speaking of raisins.* We went to the store this morning and my
> friend picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream.* I've not
> had that for years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>
> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not
> slept together.

That's OK, as long as she has enormous knockers!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> ...My friend and I still have not slept
> together.

what's cooking?

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2021 11:25 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one.
>> I found one.
>>
>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and
>> picked up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread.Â* Slightly thicker slice
>> and loaded with raisins.Â* With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a
>> cup of coffee was my breakfast two days this week.Â* WalMart also
>> carries it.
>>
>> Speaking of raisins.Â* We went to the store this morning and my friend
>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream.Â* I've not had that
>> for years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

> That's OK, as long as she has enormous knockers!

Oh, he would be disappointed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 12:47 AM, songbird wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> ...My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

> what's cooking?
>

> songbird

Sauteed chicken breast with caramelized onions and a peach and pecan
reduction. Very tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one.
> I found one.
>
> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and
> picked up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker
> slice and loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices
> with a cup of coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart
> also carries it.
>
> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that
> for years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>
> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
> together.

Hhahahaha! Yeah, Sheldon seems to have difficulty with the concept of
friends who are just friends.

Oh I know the difficulty of finding a good raisin bread. Finally
crafted my own!

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Raisin-Rum loaf, xxcarol favorite
Categories: Xxcarol, Breadmaker
Yield: 12 Servings

1/2 c Sour cream
1/3 c Water
1 ea Egg
3 tb Dark rum
2 ts Butter
1 ts Vanilla powder
3 c Flour
3 tb Sugar
3/4 ts Salt
1 1/2 ts Yeast
1/2 c Dark raisins

Oh this is good! It's a 1.5lb loaf set to white bread. It comes out
a brown color as if it was a wheat bread and it's quite sweet like a
dessert bread.

Needs nothing to accompany it, just slice and eat!

From one of my breadmaker books, with powdered vanilla added by
xxcarol

From the VB kitchen of xxcarol, 16JAN2008

MMMMM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > ...My friend and I still have not slept
> > together.

> what's cooking?
>

> songbird

I'm looking at 1lb perch fillets and deciding what I want to do with it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 12:06:44 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one.
> > I found one.
> >
> > Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and
> > picked up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker
> > slice and loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices
> > with a cup of coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart
> > also carries it.
> >
> > Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
> > picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that
> > for years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
> >
> > Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
> > together.

> Hhahahaha! Yeah, Sheldon seems to have difficulty with the concept of
> friends who are just friends.

He has difficulty having relatives who are just relatives.
Leviticus Schmeviticus.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

$4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
Amazon.com

> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
> together.

Really, he was bugging you about that, too? I thought that was my
gentle schtick once or twice. I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:55:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>$4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>Amazon.com
>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

>Really, he was bugging you about that, too? I thought that was my
>gentle schtick once or twice. I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>
>-sw

Bruce (not Dave Smith)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:07:31 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>songbird wrote:
>
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> > ...My friend and I still have not slept
>> > together.

>> what's cooking?
>>

>> songbird

>I'm looking at 1lb perch fillets and deciding what I want to do with it.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:06:33 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one.
>> I found one.
>>
>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and
>> picked up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker
>> slice and loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices
>> with a cup of coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart
>> also carries it.
>>
>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that
>> for years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

>Hhahahaha! Yeah, Sheldon seems to have difficulty with the concept of
>friends who are just friends.
>
>Oh I know the difficulty of finding a good raisin bread. Finally
>crafted my own!
>
>MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
>
> Title: Raisin-Rum loaf, xxcarol favorite
> Categories: Xxcarol, Breadmaker
> Yield: 12 Servings
>
> 1/2 c Sour cream
> 1/3 c Water
> 1 ea Egg
> 3 tb Dark rum
> 2 ts Butter
> 1 ts Vanilla powder
> 3 c Flour
> 3 tb Sugar
> 3/4 ts Salt
> 1 1/2 ts Yeast
> 1/2 c Dark raisins
>
> Oh this is good! It's a 1.5lb loaf set to white bread. It comes out
> a brown color as if it was a wheat bread and it's quite sweet like a
> dessert bread.
>
> Needs nothing to accompany it, just slice and eat!
>
> From one of my breadmaker books, with powdered vanilla added by
> xxcarol
>
> From the VB kitchen of xxcarol, 16JAN2008
>
>MMMMM

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
> Amazon.com
>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

> Really, he was bugging you about that, too? I thought that was my
> gentle schtick once or twice. I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>
> -sw

No confusion. He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
together and not have sex. Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
serious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-11 7:25 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>> Amazon.com
>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Really, he was bugging you about that, too?Â* I thought that was my
>> gentle schtick once or twice.Â* I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>>
>> -sw
>>

> No confusion.Â* He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
> together and not have sex.Â* Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
> serious.

When I went out to my friend's funeral a couple years ago I spent three
days hanging out with his sister. We had all been friends for close to
60 years. She and I email and talk on the phone every couple months.
She was always very attractive, but...... she is a friend, more like a
sister.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 9:38 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-11 7:25 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>>> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>>> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>>> Amazon.com

>>> Really, he was bugging you about that, too?Â* I thought that was my
>>> gentle schtick once or twice.Â* I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> No confusion.Â* He does not think two people of the opposite sex can
>> stay together and not have sex.Â* Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but
>> he is serious.

> When I went out to my friend's funeral a couple years ago I spent three
> days hanging out with his sister. We had all been friends for close to
> 60 years. She and I email and talk on the phone every couple months. She
> was always very attractive, but...... she is a friend, more like a sister.

Exactly. We first met at a party in high school but never saw each
other again until years later. Now it is 45 years. We were both
married and had we fooled around during that time, good chance we would
not be friends today and maybe destroyed our marriages.

Over the years the four of us did things together too. Perhaps a
weekend visit or some time at their shore home. Now it is two of us
that care for each other but still have respect for boundaries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:25:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>> Amazon.com
>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Really, he was bugging you about that, too? I thought that was my
>> gentle schtick once or twice. I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>

> No confusion. He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
> together and not have sex. Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
> serious.

I must have missed those. I think he's just discombobulated his
lifetime's worth of fantasies due to a few teaspoons of dementia and
they're becoming reality for him. This is probably a difficult
time for him heading into his probable dementia-senility years. But
in a way, a blessing in the long run for him as I think Sheldon has
a lot of regret and embarrassment in his past he'd rather have spun
into fiction and fantasy in his last years. Unfortunately for us and
others around him, he's still on the lucid side of dementia while
his brain is busy in the background spinning and weaving alternate
memories of his new grandiose past.

My mind is busy preparing for a different scenario if I live another
15-20 years: A grouchy old **** who bitches about anything and
everything and you wish was dead. And you might even kill me
yourself. My caregivers are going to love me to death and make it
look like it was natural causes. They are forgiven in advance - but
they can't know this beforehand. I need to break them using
completely free will without prior knowledge. That's kinda pretty
****ed up, huh? <shrug>

ObFood" Another rack of short ribs tomorrow on the smoker. This
time only USDA Choice grade. Those Prime grade ribs last month were
waaaaay to fatty and an almost total wash of $45 and 10 hours time.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
> found one.
>
> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>
> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>
> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
> together.

Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
appreciative difference on my toast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:38:22 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-11 7:25 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>>> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>>> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>>> Amazon.com

>>> Really, he was bugging you about that, too?* I thought that was my
>>> gentle schtick once or twice.* I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> No confusion.* He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
>> together and not have sex.* Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
>> serious.

>When I went out to my friend's funeral a couple years ago I spent three
>days hanging out with his sister. We had all been friends for close to
>60 years. She and I email and talk on the phone every couple months.
>She was always very attractive, but... she is a friend, more like a
>sister.

Most people at 70 don't think much about or can no longer perform
sexually, men and women... can be a very embarrassing experience for a
first attempt at that age... something they should have done in their
40s-50s. 60+ year olds are very uncomfortable disrobing in front of
the opposite sex for the first time. Couples of the opposite sex who
have never been sexually intimate are not about to begin in old age...
certainly not about to risk their friendship. They waited too long or
are lying. More often they are lying. There are lots of
friends/inlaws who become sexually intimate because the other half has
lost interest.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>> found one.
>>
>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>

> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?Â* I sprung for it once, over the
> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
> appreciative difference on my toast.

IMHO, if you can't taste the difference then Kerry Gold butter likely
isn't worth the cost.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:30:41 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
> appreciative difference on my toast.

Ive rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.

Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.

I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.

Id occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:48:11 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
> found one.
>
> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>
> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>
> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
> together.

Ever thought of adding your own rum to that particular ice cream?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:10:49 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>>> found one.
>>>
>>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.

>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>IMHO, if you can't taste the difference then Kerry Gold butter likely
>isn't worth the cost.
>
>Jill

My wife likes Kerry Gold and often buys it. I've tried it and the
main difference is textural, it's more spreadable. If spread on hot
toast it melts and to me tastes like any other melted butter. I never
buy salted butter, if I want salt I sprinkle my buttered toast with
kosher salt, the larger grains on the surface impart a saltier flavor
with less salt. Salted butter actually contains a substantial amount
of salt that is unnoticeable flavorwise. Anything that needs a
sprinkle of salt I use a small pinch of kosher salt. We have salt
shakers, but mainly for company, we very rarely use table salt. Some
people salt their food like they are melting sidewalk ice. Salted
butter came about prior to refrigeration, salt was added to increase
shelf life. A lot of foods contain excess salt as a preservative,
store bought ice cream is overly salted. Cheese was overly salted
since before refrigeration. Coldcuts are overly salted because they
had to travel well prior to refrigeration. Overly salted pastrami is
a learned taste, people wouldn't eat low salt pastrami even though
with modern refrigeration it's perfectly safe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:56:54 -0700 (PDT), odlayo >
wrote:

>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:30:41 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>I’ve rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.
>
>Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.
>
>I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.
>
>I’d occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

You thought they were phenomenal because of how you enjoyed the flavor
and aroma from the cleavage persperation dripping from the gals doing
the churning... That's how butter was originally salted and it was
noticed how it kept longer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:56:54 -0700 (PDT), odlayo >
> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:30:41 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
>>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>> I’ve rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.
>>
>> Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>> I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.
>>
>> I’d occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

> You thought they were phenomenal because of how you enjoyed the flavor
> and aroma from the cleavage persperation dripping from the gals doing
> the churning... That's how butter was originally salted and it was
> noticed how it kept longer.

And in your case Popeye, those gals ****ed in yoose butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:38:22 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> No confusion.* He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
>>> together and not have sex.* Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
>>> serious.

>> When I went out to my friend's funeral a couple years ago I spent three
>> days hanging out with his sister. We had all been friends for close to
>> 60 years. She and I email and talk on the phone every couple months.
>> She was always very attractive, but... she is a friend, more like a
>> sister.

> Most people at 70 don't think much about or can no longer perform
> sexually, men and women... can be a very embarrassing experience for a
> first attempt at that age... something they should have done in their
> 40s-50s. 60+ year olds are very uncomfortable disrobing in front of
> the opposite sex for the first time. Couples of the opposite sex who
> have never been sexually intimate are not about to begin in old age...
> certainly not about to risk their friendship. They waited too long or
> are lying. More often they are lying. There are lots of
> friends/inlaws who become sexually intimate because the other half has
> lost interest.

Popeye, do yoose still **** yoose aunt?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>> found one.
>>
>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>
>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
>> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?Â* I sprung for it once, over the
> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
> appreciative difference on my toast.

Worth more but not quite the price. You pay double but get 50% more in
flavor. I'd use it for toast, but not to fry an egg as the cheaper
stuff works well for that.

I always liked to treat us to some extras at times, damned the price. I
won't buy a $100 bottle of bourbon but I won't buy a $20 bottle either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:41:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>>> found one.
>>>
>>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>>
>>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
>>> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>Worth more but not quite the price. You pay double but get 50% more in
>flavor. I'd use it for toast, but not to fry an egg as the cheaper
>stuff works well for that.
>
>I always liked to treat us to some extras at times, damned the price. I
>won't buy a $100 bottle of bourbon but I won't buy a $20 bottle either.

I never buy by price... price says nothing of quality or taste. Often
the low priced booze is far better than the expensive stuff. Good
vodka has no flavor, that's why I buy Crystal Palace. Flavored vodkas
are the crap with flavor added to cover the miserable taste or no one
would buy them. It's really how mint flavored cigs are sold, why dump
the lousy tobacco crop when it can easily and inexpensively be sold as
Newport and Kools. I see several flavored vodkas in fancy bottles for
twice the price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:25:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/11/2021 5:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:48:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> $4/32oz loaf at Sams Club, $14/loaf at Walmart.com (I coudln't find
>> a zip code that carried it in-store) and also at Amazon.com.
>> Contrary to Sheldon's claim that groceries are always cheaper at
>> Amazon.com
>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Really, he was bugging you about that, too? I thought that was my
>> gentle schtick once or twice. I hope you aren't confusing us <ouch>
>>
>> -sw
>>

>No confusion. He does not think two people of the opposite sex can stay
>together and not have sex. Sure, nothing wrong with kidding but he is
>serious.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:24:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:41:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>>Worth more but not quite the price. You pay double but get 50% more in
>>flavor. I'd use it for toast, but not to fry an egg as the cheaper
>>stuff works well for that.
>>
>>I always liked to treat us to some extras at times, damned the price. I
>>won't buy a $100 bottle of bourbon but I won't buy a $20 bottle either.

>I never buy by price... price says nothing of quality or taste. Often
>the low priced booze is far better than the expensive stuff. Good
>vodka has no flavor, that's why I buy Crystal Palace. Flavored vodkas
>are the crap with flavor added to cover the miserable taste or no one
>would buy them. It's really how mint flavored cigs are sold, why dump
>the lousy tobacco crop when it can easily and inexpensively be sold as
>Newport and Kools. I see several flavored vodkas in fancy bottles for
>twice the price.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:41:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>>> found one.
>>>
>>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>>
>>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
>>> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>Worth more but not quite the price. You pay double but get 50% more in
>flavor. I'd use it for toast, but not to fry an egg as the cheaper
>stuff works well for that.
>
>I always liked to treat us to some extras at times, damned the price. I
>won't buy a $100 bottle of bourbon but I won't buy a $20 bottle either.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:29:47 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:38:22 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> When I went out to my friend's funeral a couple years ago I spent three
>>> days hanging out with his sister. We had all been friends for close to
>>> 60 years. She and I email and talk on the phone every couple months.
>>> She was always very attractive, but... she is a friend, more like a
>>> sister.

>> Most people at 70 don't think much about or can no longer perform
>> sexually, men and women... can be a very embarrassing experience for a
>> first attempt at that age... something they should have done in their
>> 40s-50s. 60+ year olds are very uncomfortable disrobing in front of
>> the opposite sex for the first time. Couples of the opposite sex who
>> have never been sexually intimate are not about to begin in old age...
>> certainly not about to risk their friendship. They waited too long or
>> are lying. More often they are lying. There are lots of
>> friends/inlaws who become sexually intimate because the other half has
>> lost interest.
>>

>Popeye, do yoose still **** yoose aunt?

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:28:12 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:56:54 -0700 (PDT), odlayo >
>> wrote:

>>> I’ve rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.
>>>
>>> Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.
>>>
>>> I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.
>>>
>>> I’d occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

>> You thought they were phenomenal because of how you enjoyed the flavor
>> and aroma from the cleavage persperation dripping from the gals doing
>> the churning... That's how butter was originally salted and it was
>> noticed how it kept longer.
>>

>And in your case Popeye, those gals ****ed in yoose butter.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:27:01 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:56:54 -0700 (PDT), odlayo >
>wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:30:41 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
>>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>>I’ve rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.
>>
>>Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>>I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.
>>
>>I’d occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

>You thought they were phenomenal because of how you enjoyed the flavor
>and aroma from the cleavage persperation dripping from the gals doing
>the churning... That's how butter was originally salted and it was
>noticed how it kept longer.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:41:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/12/2021 9:30 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 6/10/2021 10:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>>> found one.
>>>
>>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>>
>>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
>>> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>>
>>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>>> together.

>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>Worth more but not quite the price. You pay double but get 50% more in
>flavor. I'd use it for toast, but not to fry an egg as the cheaper
>stuff works well for that.
>
>I always liked to treat us to some extras at times, damned the price. I
>won't buy a $100 bottle of bourbon but I won't buy a $20 bottle either.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:13:27 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:10:49 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it?* I sprung for it once, over the
>>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>>IMHO, if you can't taste the difference then Kerry Gold butter likely
>>isn't worth the cost.
>>
>>Jill

>My wife likes Kerry Gold and often buys it. I've tried it and the
>main difference is textural, it's more spreadable. If spread on hot
>toast it melts and to me tastes like any other melted butter. I never
>buy salted butter, if I want salt I sprinkle my buttered toast with
>kosher salt, the larger grains on the surface impart a saltier flavor
>with less salt. Salted butter actually contains a substantial amount
>of salt that is unnoticeable flavorwise. Anything that needs a
>sprinkle of salt I use a small pinch of kosher salt. We have salt
>shakers, but mainly for company, we very rarely use table salt. Some
>people salt their food like they are melting sidewalk ice. Salted
>butter came about prior to refrigeration, salt was added to increase
>shelf life. A lot of foods contain excess salt as a preservative,
>store bought ice cream is overly salted. Cheese was overly salted
>since before refrigeration. Coldcuts are overly salted because they
>had to travel well prior to refrigeration. Overly salted pastrami is
>a learned taste, people wouldn't eat low salt pastrami even though
>with modern refrigeration it's perfectly safe.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:03:10 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:48:11 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> I always liked raisin bread but it is hard to find a really good one. I
>> found one.
>>
>> Actually, my friend did. She shops at Sam's Club on occasion and picked
>> up a loaf or Oregon Trail Raisin bread. Slightly thicker slice and
>> loaded with raisins. With Kerry Gold butter, two slices with a cup of
>> coffee was my breakfast two days this week. WalMart also carries it.
>>
>> Speaking of raisins. We went to the store this morning and my friend
>> picked up some Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream. I've not had that for
>> years but when I get home, it will be next buy of snacks.
>>
>> Sorry to disappoint Sheldon, but My friend and I still have not slept
>> together.

>Ever thought of adding your own rum to that particular ice cream?

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:30:41 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Is that Kerry Gold butter worth it? I sprung for it once, over the
>> regular store brand, and I honestly didn't notice much of an
>> appreciative difference on my toast.

>I’ve rarely heard anyone answer their own question so clearly.
>
>Wonder if I could pick Kerrygold in a blind tasting with supermarket brand. Maybe, maybe not.
>
>I used to shop at a store that had 20-30 kinds of butter, mostly W European but some US, all expensive.
>
>I’d occasionally buy a small package. Some of those were phenomenal, and probably worth the money.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:49:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Now it is two of us that care for each other but

Any vows you or her ever made were 'until death'. Although there are
societal expectations for a mourning period, specific durations for
almost anything go out the window once we are 'over the hill'. Do
whatever your heart(s) tell you. Maybe she just needs someone to hug.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2021 9:34 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:49:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

>> Now it is two of us that care for each other but

> Any vows you or her ever made were 'until death'. Although there are
> societal expectations for a mourning period, specific durations for
> almost anything go out the window once we are 'over the hill'. Do
> whatever your heart(s) tell you. Maybe she just needs someone to hug.

When you truly love someone, just being with them is wonderful. The
occasional hug and holding hands brings happiness to the heart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 8:37:11 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/12/2021 9:34 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:49:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> >> Now it is two of us that care for each other but

> > Any vows you or her ever made were 'until death'. Although there are
> > societal expectations for a mourning period, specific durations for
> > almost anything go out the window once we are 'over the hill'. Do
> > whatever your heart(s) tell you. Maybe she just needs someone to hug.
> >

> When you truly love someone, just being with them is wonderful. The
> occasional hug and holding hands brings happiness to the heart.

Too bad it doesn't ever last but 5 or 6 minutes. Then its sitting at the bar, drinking your life away.