Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Must be tiring trolling...

Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

It's certainly a sign of *severe* mental illness...

BTW, today is VE Day, can't believe it is 76 years ago...when I was a kid WW II was only 15 - 20 - 25 years past...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:

> Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
> > Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> > repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

> It's certainly a sign of severe mental illness...
>
> BTW, today is VE Day, can't believe it is 76 years ago...when I was a
> kid WW II was only 15 - 20 - 25 years past...

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 9:07:26 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

You almost begin to think that a bot may be posting here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:15:34 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
>> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
>> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

>It's certainly a sign of *severe* mental illness...
>
>BTW, today is VE Day, can't believe it is 76 years ago...when I was a kid WW II was only 15 - 20 - 25 years past...

I caught a nice programme about the liberation of the Netherlands.

When I was a kid we had almost nightly bombings, to me it was
normal to hear sirens, get up, go down to shelter, didn't know
anything else. Then next day my brother and I would go out looking to
increase our shrapnel collections.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/8/2021 6:07 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

Ask them - they are here.

BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2021 2:06 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 9:07:26 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
>> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

> You almost begin to think that a bot may be posting here.

I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and send
more customers their way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:15:34 -0700 (PDT), GM
> > wrote:
>
> > Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> >
> >> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> >> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

> > It's certainly a sign of severe mental illness...
> >
> > BTW, today is VE Day, can't believe it is 76 years ago...when I was
> > a kid WW II was only 15 - 20 - 25 years past...

> I caught a nice programme about the liberation of the Netherlands.
>
> When I was a kid we had almost nightly bombings, to me it was
> normal to hear sirens, get up, go down to shelter, didn't know
> anything else. Then next day my brother and I would go out looking to
> increase our shrapnel collections.

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 5/8/2021 6:07 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> > repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!
> >

> Ask them - they are here.
>

> BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:15:34 -0700 (PDT), GM
> > wrote:
>
> > Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> >
> >> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
> >> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

> > It's certainly a sign of severe mental illness...
> >
> > BTW, today is VE Day, can't believe it is 76 years ago...when I was
> > a kid WW II was only 15 - 20 - 25 years past...

> I caught a nice programme about the liberation of the Netherlands.
>
> When I was a kid we had almost nightly bombings, to me it was
> normal to hear sirens, get up, go down to shelter, didn't know
> anything else. Then next day my brother and I would go out looking to
> increase our shrapnel collections.

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/9/2021 2:06 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 9:07:26 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live in where
>>> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

>> You almost begin to think that a bot may be posting here.
>>

>I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and send
>more customers their way.

Interesting theory!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2021 4:55 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:

>>> You almost begin to think that a bot may be posting here.
>>>

>> I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and send
>> more customers their way.

> Interesting theory!

I don't get it. Nothing has gotten rid of real Bruce and the imposter
is just wasting his time. It is so easy to just skip his posts or kill
file. Seems to be a form of sexual gratification for a few.

Shame that it has devolved here to so many posts being critical of each
other. I choose carefully what I look at but there is still a handful
of people that can have a pleasant discussion of food related or even
friendly off topic subjects.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 4:55:43 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> You almost begin to think that a bot may be posting here.

> >I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and send
> >more customers their way.

> Interesting theory!

But, they just can't convince the rest of us word-only, no-sounds-or-pictures-please folk, huh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2021 18:23:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/9/2021 4:55 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
>> > wrote:

>>> I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and send
>>> more customers their way.

>> Interesting theory!
>>

>I don't get it. Nothing has gotten rid of real Bruce and the imposter
>is just wasting his time. It is so easy to just skip his posts or kill
>file. Seems to be a form of sexual gratification for a few.
>
>Shame that it has devolved here to so many posts being critical of each
>other. I choose carefully what I look at but there is still a handful
>of people that can have a pleasant discussion of food related or even
>friendly off topic subjects.

I agree, I go by the name of the poster, easy to spot the nym shifting
population.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 4:55:43 PM UTC-4, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > > wrote:

> > wrote: >>> Even with copy/paste it must be a boring world to live
> > in where >>> repeatedly posting troll bait can seem attractive!

> > > I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and
> > > send more customers their way.

> > Interesting theory!

> But, they just can't convince the rest of us word-only,
> no-sounds-or-pictures-please folk, huh?

The real Joie McDonalds posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 5/9/2021 4:55 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 May 2021 12:43:23 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:

> > > I figured it was a Facebook bot, working to kill off Usenet and
> > > send more customers their way.

> > Interesting theory!
> >

> I don't get it. Nothing has gotten rid of real Bruce and the
> imposter is just wasting his time. It is so easy to just skip his
> posts or kill file. Seems to be a form of sexual gratification for a
> few.
>
> Shame that it has devolved here to so many posts being critical of
> each other. I choose carefully what I look at but there is still a
> handful of people that can have a pleasant discussion of food related
> or even friendly off topic subjects.

Yup, but geting hard to find.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9:41:51 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > On 5/9/2021 4:55 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> > > Interesting theory!
> > >

> > I don't get it. Nothing has gotten rid of real Bruce and the
> > imposter is just wasting his time. It is so easy to just skip his
> > posts or kill file. Seems to be a form of sexual gratification for a
> > few.
> >
> > Shame that it has devolved here to so many posts being critical of
> > each other. I choose carefully what I look at but there is still a
> > handful of people that can have a pleasant discussion of food related
> > or even friendly off topic subjects.

> Yup, but geting hard to find.

If you wanna talk quality recipes? You could dig into the past, sometimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2021 5:32 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9:41:51 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I don't get it. Nothing has gotten rid of real Bruce and the
>>> imposter is just wasting his time. It is so easy to just skip his
>>> posts or kill file. Seems to be a form of sexual gratification for a
>>> few.
>>>
>>> Shame that it has devolved here to so many posts being critical of
>>> each other. I choose carefully what I look at but there is still a
>>> handful of people that can have a pleasant discussion of food related
>>> or even friendly off topic subjects.

>> Yup, but geting hard to find.

> If you wanna talk quality recipes? You could dig into the past, sometimes.

Oh yes, years ago it was a very on topic group with a lot of good
information. Unfortunately, most newsgroups have gone to crap in the
past 10 years or so. There were a lot of interesting people here and
often a regional cook-in where members got together. I was at one also
some years ago. None of the participants from that day are here today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2021 6:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/11/2021 5:32 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Yup, but geting hard to find.

>> If you wanna talk quality recipes?Â* You could dig into the past,
>> sometimes.
>>

> Oh yes, years ago it was a very on topic group with a lot of good
> information.Â* Unfortunately, most newsgroupsÂ* have gone to crap in the
> past 10 years or so.Â* There were a lot of interesting people here and
> often a regional cook-in where members got together.Â* I was at one also
> some years ago.Â* None of the participants from that day are here today.

Ah yes, I still have that Connecticut RFC Cook-In t-shirt that Margaret
Suran sent me.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2021 7:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/11/2021 6:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> If you wanna talk quality recipes?Â* You could dig into the past,
>>> sometimes.
>>>

>> Oh yes, years ago it was a very on topic group with a lot of good
>> information.Â* Unfortunately, most newsgroupsÂ* have gone to crap in the
>> past 10 years or so.Â* There were a lot of interesting people here and
>> often a regional cook-in where members got together.Â* I was at one
>> also some years ago.Â* None of the participants from that day are here
>> today.

> Ah yes, I still have that Connecticut RFC Cook-In t-shirt that Margaret
> Suran sent me.
>
> Jill

Yes, it was at Jack Schid's place and Margaret brought me a bottle of
bourbon that she was given but did not drink it. She was quite a nice
lady. My contribution that day was some home made sausage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2021 7:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/11/2021 7:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Oh yes, years ago it was a very on topic group with a lot of good
>>> information.Â* Unfortunately, most newsgroupsÂ* have gone to crap in
>>> the past 10 years or so.Â* There were a lot of interesting people here
>>> and often a regional cook-in where members got together.Â* I was at
>>> one also some years ago.Â* None of the participants from that day are
>>> here today.

>> Ah yes, I still have that Connecticut RFC Cook-In t-shirt that
>> Margaret Suran sent me.
>>
>> Jill

> Yes, it was at Jack Schid's place and Margaret brought me a bottle of
> bourbon that she was given but did not drink it.Â* She was quite a nice
> lady.Â* My contribution that day was some home made sausage.

I remember Jack, of course I remember Margaret. Wasn't Barb Schaller
there too? The trolls keep trying to kill this ng but they haven't
managed so far.

Absolutely nothing wrong with quality recipes, past or present.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2021 18:59:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/11/2021 5:32 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Yup, but geting hard to find.

>> If you wanna talk quality recipes? You could dig into the past, sometimes.
>>

>Oh yes, years ago it was a very on topic group with a lot of good
>information. Unfortunately, most newsgroups have gone to crap in the
>past 10 years or so. There were a lot of interesting people here and
>often a regional cook-in where members got together. I was at one also
>some years ago. None of the participants from that day are here today.

That is true of my local group which was big back in the day of
usenet. A bunch of us do still get together once in awhile at a local
pub for an HNO - holistic night out
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2021 19:45:20 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/11/2021 7:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Ah yes, I still have that Connecticut RFC Cook-In t-shirt that
>>> Margaret Suran sent me.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Yes, it was at Jack Schid's place and Margaret brought me a bottle of
>> bourbon that she was given but did not drink it.* She was quite a nice
>> lady.* My contribution that day was some home made sausage.

>I remember Jack, of course I remember Margaret. Wasn't Barb Schaller
>there too? The trolls keep trying to kill this ng but they haven't
>managed so far.
>
>Absolutely nothing wrong with quality recipes, past or present.
>
>Jill

Barb & I exchanged greetings on Mother's Day.

I've no idea at all what happened to Jack, though was never close to
him at all. 2020 was sad as we lost Margaret. of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2021 7:59 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2021 19:45:20 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Yes, it was at Jack Schid's place and Margaret brought me a bottle of
>>> bourbon that she was given but did not drink it.Â* She was quite a nice
>>> lady.Â* My contribution that day was some home made sausage.

>> I remember Jack, of course I remember Margaret. Wasn't Barb Schaller
>> there too? The trolls keep trying to kill this ng but they haven't
>> managed so far.
>>
>> Absolutely nothing wrong with quality recipes, past or present.
>>
>> Jill

> Barb & I exchanged greetings on Mother's Day.
>
> I've no idea at all what happened to Jack, though was never close to
> him at all. 2020 was sad as we lost Margaret. of course.

Yes, it was very sad about Margaret but she had stopped posting long
before she died. I don't know what happened to Jack. Maybe Ed knows?

I found this blast from the past on the RFC Cookin's link:

http://www.recfoodcooking.org/cookins/show.html?id=7

There's Jack at a cook-in in San Diego! 1993

That link shows a lot of the old cook-in photos and who attended.
Really, people travelled all over the country to meet and cook together!

There are a lot of posters from back in those days who simply dropped
out of sight. Do you remember Dimitri? IIRC he lived in California.
He'd met people at one of the West Coast cookin's from back in the day.
Kay Hartman? Mimi? I'm reaching.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 May 2021 20:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/11/2021 7:59 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 May 2021 19:45:20 -0400, jmcquown >

>> I've no idea at all what happened to Jack, though was never close to
>> him at all. 2020 was sad as we lost Margaret. of course.
>>

>Yes, it was very sad about Margaret but she had stopped posting long
>before she died. I don't know what happened to Jack. Maybe Ed knows?
>
>I found this blast from the past on the RFC Cookin's link:
>
>http://www.recfoodcooking.org/cookins/show.html?id=7
>
>There's Jack at a cook-in in San Diego! 1993
>
>That link shows a lot of the old cook-in photos and who attended.
>Really, people travelled all over the country to meet and cook together!
>
>There are a lot of posters from back in those days who simply dropped
>out of sight. Do you remember Dimitri? IIRC he lived in California.
>He'd met people at one of the West Coast cookin's from back in the day.
> Kay Hartman? Mimi? I'm reaching.
>
>Jill

II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early Usenet
posters. I

All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I have
been away from it for 6 or 7 years.

I find that reddit is more fun in general.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:35:13 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 2021 20:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>>On 5/11/2021 7:59 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>> On Tue, 11 May 2021 19:45:20 -0400, jmcquown >

>>> I've no idea at all what happened to Jack, though was never close to
>>> him at all. 2020 was sad as we lost Margaret. of course.
>>>

>>Yes, it was very sad about Margaret but she had stopped posting long
>>before she died. I don't know what happened to Jack. Maybe Ed knows?
>>
>>I found this blast from the past on the RFC Cookin's link:
>>
>>http://www.recfoodcooking.org/cookins/show.html?id=7
>>
>>There's Jack at a cook-in in San Diego! 1993
>>
>>That link shows a lot of the old cook-in photos and who attended.
>>Really, people travelled all over the country to meet and cook together!
>>
>>There are a lot of posters from back in those days who simply dropped
>>out of sight. Do you remember Dimitri? IIRC he lived in California.
>>He'd met people at one of the West Coast cookin's from back in the day.
>> Kay Hartman? Mimi? I'm reaching.
>>
>>Jill

> II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
> history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early Usenet
> posters. I
>
> All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
> waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
> face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
> rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
> disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I have
> been away from it for 6 or 7 years.
>
> I find that reddit is more fun in general.

A large proportion of the UK group moved to FB after some nasty spats among
members. I joined but within weeks I extricated myself from FB as I found
it a bloody nuisance. It mined my e-mail contacts and every time someone
farted and updated their page, I received an e-mail. Of course, FB keeps
your data and if you are foolish enough to use it, it is back to full
membership.
What ****es me off is that there are so many occasions where one is
expected to be a member to participate in something. Two weeks ago, a
charity that I support held an online auction using FB. I couldn't
participate as that would have opened up that FB account.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2021 11:56 AM, Graham wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:35:13 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 May 2021 20:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, it was very sad about Margaret but she had stopped posting long
>>> before she died. I don't know what happened to Jack. Maybe Ed knows?
>>>
>>> I found this blast from the past on the RFC Cookin's link:
>>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.org/cookins/show.html?id=7
>>>
>>> There's Jack at a cook-in in San Diego! 1993
>>>
>>> That link shows a lot of the old cook-in photos and who attended.
>>> Really, people travelled all over the country to meet and cook together!
>>>
>>> There are a lot of posters from back in those days who simply dropped
>>> out of sight. Do you remember Dimitri? IIRC he lived in California.
>>> He'd met people at one of the West Coast cookin's from back in the day.
>>> Kay Hartman? Mimi? I'm reaching.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
>> history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early Usenet
>> posters. I
>>
>> All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
>> waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
>> face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
>> rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
>> disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I have
>> been away from it for 6 or 7 years.
>>
>> I find that reddit is more fun in general.

> A large proportion of the UK group moved to FB after some nasty spats among
> members. I joined but within weeks I extricated myself from FB as I found
> it a bloody nuisance. It mined my e-mail contacts and every time someone
> farted and updated their page, I received an e-mail. Of course, FB keeps
> your data and if you are foolish enough to use it, it is back to full
> membership.
> What ****es me off is that there are so many occasions where one is
> expected to be a member to participate in something. Two weeks ago, a
> charity that I support held an online auction using FB. I couldn't
> participate as that would have opened up that FB account.

Tu es lâche, et tu as peur.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:21:37 -0400, Joie MacDonalds wrote:

> On 5/12/2021 11:56 AM, Graham wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:35:13 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
>>> history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early Usenet
>>> posters. I
>>>
>>> All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
>>> waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
>>> face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
>>> rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
>>> disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I have
>>> been away from it for 6 or 7 years.
>>>
>>> I find that reddit is more fun in general.

>> A large proportion of the UK group moved to FB after some nasty spats among
>> members. I joined but within weeks I extricated myself from FB as I found
>> it a bloody nuisance. It mined my e-mail contacts and every time someone
>> farted and updated their page, I received an e-mail. Of course, FB keeps
>> your data and if you are foolish enough to use it, it is back to full
>> membership.
>> What ****es me off is that there are so many occasions where one is
>> expected to be a member to participate in something. Two weeks ago, a
>> charity that I support held an online auction using FB. I couldn't
>> participate as that would have opened up that FB account.
>>

> Tu es lche, et tu as peur.

Va-te-faire enculer!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2021 1:22 PM, Graham wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:21:37 -0400, Joie MacDonalds wrote:
>> Tu es lâche, et tu as peur.

> Va-te-faire enculer!

Tous les baises français sont des lâches, et tu es le plus grand lâche
de la RFC.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Graham wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:35:13 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 May 2021 20:23:27 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> to >>> him at all. 2020 was sad as we lost Margaret. of course.
> >>>
> > > Yes, it was very sad about Margaret but she had stopped posting
> > > long before she died. I don't know what happened to Jack. Maybe
> > > Ed knows?
> > >
> > > I found this blast from the past on the RFC Cookin's link:
> > >
> > > http://www.recfoodcooking.org/cookins/show.html?id=7
> > >
> > > There's Jack at a cook-in in San Diego! 1993
> > >
> > > That link shows a lot of the old cook-in photos and who attended.
> > > Really, people travelled all over the country to meet and cook
> > > together!
> > >
> > > There are a lot of posters from back in those days who simply
> > > dropped out of sight. Do you remember Dimitri? IIRC he lived in
> > > California. He'd met people at one of the West Coast cookin's
> > > from back in the day.
> >> Kay Hartman? Mimi? I'm reaching.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
> > history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early
> > Usenet posters. I
> >
> > All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
> > waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
> > face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
> > rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
> > disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I
> > have been away from it for 6 or 7 years.
> >
> > I find that reddit is more fun in general.

> A large proportion of the UK group moved to FB after some nasty spats
> among members. I joined but within weeks I extricated myself from FB
> as I found it a bloody nuisance. It mined my e-mail contacts and
> every time someone farted and updated their page, I received an
> e-mail. Of course, FB keeps your data and if you are foolish enough
> to use it, it is back to full membership.
> What ****es me off is that there are so many occasions where one is
> expected to be a member to participate in something. Two weeks ago, a
> charity that I support held an online auction using FB. I couldn't
> participate as that would have opened up that FB account.

Duh. If you don't have a telephone, you can't make a phone call.

--
The real Roy MacDonalds posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 12:21:43 PM UTC-4, Joie MacDonalds wrote:
> On 5/12/2021 11:56 AM, Graham wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:35:13 -0400, Boron Elgar wrote:

> >> II would think that the FB RFC group could be a good source of
> >> history, with some members knowing the whereabouts of the early Usenet
> >> posters. I
> >>
> >> All Usenet groups evolved as individual group dynamics waxed and
> >> waned- FB gave it a run for its money and a final Usenet kick in the
> >> face that required no separate newsreader or feed, and had some
> >> rather strange moderators who loved to ban those with whom they
> >> disagreed. I cannot even say what's what with FB these days, as I have
> >> been away from it for 6 or 7 years.
> >>
> >> I find that reddit is more fun in general.

> > A large proportion of the UK group moved to FB after some nasty spats among
> > members. I joined but within weeks I extricated myself from FB as I found
> > it a bloody nuisance. It mined my e-mail contacts and every time someone
> > farted and updated their page, I received an e-mail. Of course, FB keeps
> > your data and if you are foolish enough to use it, it is back to full
> > membership.
> > What ****es me off is that there are so many occasions where one is
> > expected to be a member to participate in something. Two weeks ago, a
> > charity that I support held an online auction using FB. I couldn't
> > participate as that would have opened up that FB account.
> >

> Tu es lâche, et tu as peur.

Parfois tu es un robot!