Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Thanks to mutual blocking, no more stalking or trolling on YouTube

I've been on UseNet for over 20 years. Unfortunately, there's no way to
stop stalkers and trolls here. The only way would take massive
cooperation from ISPs that's very unlikely to happen. UseNet is the only
place misfits can thrive.

Believe it or not, Google's YouTube is a shining example of how Internet
discussion should be. Many moons ago, YouTube implemented MUTUAL
BLOCKING. YOU CAN'T SEE THEIR POSTS, THEY CAN'T SEE YOUR POSTS. No more
stalking or trolling on YouTube. Trying to get around mutual blocking is
too much trouble. As a techie who loves to discuss controversial issues,
I've been enjoying mutual blocking on YouTube for many months now. If
there were any technical flaws, I would see them. So far, the
implementation is great. You associate with people you want to associate
with. And it's fun. YouTube isn't the best format for discussion, but we
are having a great time anyway.

Hopefully other Internet forums will adopt mutual blocking. I see it in
the FAQ on Pinterest, but I don't do Pinterest.

I'm not a fan of big corporations like Google, but it rocks my prejudice
when they implement a brilliant idea like mutual blocking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2015 10:27 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 03:53:14 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:
>
>> I'm not a fan of big corporations like Google, but it rocks my prejudice
>> when they implement a brilliant idea like mutual blocking.

> Facebook has always done this, duh. And unlike Facebook, you can
> create dozens of accounts on Youtube to stalk people that have blocked
> you. Not so easy on Facebook unless the stalkee beloing to a buncgh
> of completely open groups (no approval necessary to join group).
>
> So what does this have to do with cooking or anything else here? You
> kinda sound like dsi1 in disguise.
>
> -sw

Shut your fat stalker piehole, virus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 03:53:14 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
> wrote:

> I've been on UseNet for over 20 years. Unfortunately, there's no way to
> stop stalkers and trolls here. The only way would take massive
> cooperation from ISPs that's very unlikely to happen. UseNet is the only
> place misfits can thrive.
>
> Believe it or not, Google's YouTube is a shining example of how Internet
> discussion should be. Many moons ago, YouTube implemented MUTUAL
> BLOCKING. YOU CAN'T SEE THEIR POSTS, THEY CAN'T SEE YOUR POSTS. No more
> stalking or trolling on YouTube. Trying to get around mutual blocking is
> too much trouble. As a techie who loves to discuss controversial issues,
> I've been enjoying mutual blocking on YouTube for many months now. If
> there were any technical flaws, I would see them. So far, the
> implementation is great. You associate with people you want to associate
> with. And it's fun. YouTube isn't the best format for discussion, but we
> are having a great time anyway.
>
> Hopefully other Internet forums will adopt mutual blocking. I see it in
> the FAQ on Pinterest, but I don't do Pinterest.
>
> I'm not a fan of big corporations like Google, but it rocks my prejudice
> when they implement a brilliant idea like mutual blocking.

Never heard the term "mutual blocking" before, but it sounds like what
you can do on FB.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

> John Doe > wrote:
>
>> I've been on UseNet for over 20 years. Unfortunately, there's no way
>> to stop stalkers and trolls here. The only way would take massive
>> cooperation from ISPs that's very unlikely to happen. UseNet is the
>> only place misfits can thrive.
>>
>> Believe it or not, Google's YouTube is a shining example of how
>> Internet discussion should be. Many moons ago, YouTube implemented
>> MUTUAL BLOCKING. YOU CAN'T SEE THEIR POSTS, THEY CAN'T SEE YOUR
>> POSTS. No more stalking or trolling on YouTube. Trying to get around
>> mutual blocking is too much trouble. As a techie who loves to discuss
>> controversial issues, I've been enjoying mutual blocking on YouTube
>> for many months now. If there were any technical flaws, I would see
>> them. So far, the implementation is great. You associate with people
>> you want to associate with. And it's fun. YouTube isn't the best
>> format for discussion, but we are having a great time anyway.
>>
>> Hopefully other Internet forums will adopt mutual blocking. I see it
>> in the FAQ on Pinterest, but I don't do Pinterest.
>>
>> I'm not a fan of big corporations like Google, but it rocks my
>> prejudice when they implement a brilliant idea like mutual blocking.

> Never heard the term "mutual blocking" before, but it sounds like what
> you can do on FB.

http://deletepinterest.com/how-to-de...-on-pinterest/

Facebook is mentioned there too. And that's where I got "mutual blocking".
Whatever it's called, it does wonders for civilized discussion on the
Internet. It can be easily applied to any discussion forum on the
Internet except UseNet (without cooperation from many different
providers).

The fact YouTube is employing mutual blocking is very encouraging.
Hopefully forums geared towards discussion will follow suit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/1/2015 9:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:35:25 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:
>
>> The fact YouTube is employing mutual blocking is very encouraging.
>> Hopefully forums geared towards discussion will follow suit.

> This dude has some sort of hard-on for mutual blocking. He's like a
> one-man pep rally for complete irrelevancy.
>
> ObFood: Continuing my tuna binge.
>
> -sw

EVERYONE here knows you viciously stalked poor Omelet right off the
usenet, you evil, hateful dwarf.

Most people really do loathe you on sight.

Those in text mode get a slightly longer indoctrination period but reach
the same conclusion.

You're a truly BAD person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mirrror of TrVth > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> John Doe wrote:
>>
>>> The fact YouTube is employing mutual blocking is very encouraging.
>>> Hopefully forums geared towards discussion will follow suit.

>> This dude has some sort of hard-on for mutual blocking.

So does YouTube... And Pinterest, and Facebook. It's bound to spread.
YouTube started using it only six months or so ago.

>> He's like a one-man pep rally for complete irrelevancy.

> EVERYONE here knows you viciously stalked poor Omelet right off the
> usenet, you evil, hateful dwarf.
>
> Most people really do loathe you on sight.
>
> Those in text mode get a slightly longer indoctrination period but
> reach the same conclusion.
>
> You're a truly BAD person.

The last time I posted to this group was many months ago, but it was
easy to remember the blatant troll. I didn't even have to look through
the message list.

UseNet has the best format for discussion. Unfortunately it's become a
den of misfits due to the complete lack of moderation and ease of
nym-shifting. Controversial subject groups have become impossible to
enjoy.

Mutual blocking will rock. It eliminates the need for moderation at the
same time it nukes trolls. It just requires a tiny bit of accountability
from its users, like signing up on a typical website forum.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 11:14 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:45:07 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:
>
>> The last time I posted to this group was many months ago,

> You've been posting here for the last 10 days, duh.
>
>> but it was
>> easy to remember the blatant troll. I didn't even have to look through
>> the message list.

> Why is it the trolls and stalkers are always the first ones to accuse
> everybody else of being trolls and stalkers?
>
> -sw

Yes, why is that, WOMAN-STALKER???

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/10/2015 11:14 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:45:07 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:
>
>> The last time I posted to this group was many months ago,

> You've been posting here for the last 10 days, duh.
>
>> but it was
>> easy to remember the blatant troll. I didn't even have to look through
>> the message list.

> Why is it the trolls and stalkers are always the first ones to accuse
> everybody else of being trolls and stalkers?
>
> -sw

People tend to despise most in others what they despise most in themselves.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 3:57 PM, graham wrote:
> On 02/10/2015 11:14 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:45:07 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:
>>
>>> The last time I posted to this group was many months ago,

>> You've been posting here for the last 10 days, duh.
>>
>>> but it was
>>> easy to remember the blatant troll. I didn't even have to look through
>>> the message list.

>> Why is it the trolls and stalkers are always the first ones to accuse
>> everybody else of being trolls and stalkers?
>>
>> -sw
>>

> People tend to despise most in others what they despise most in themselves.
> Graham

Sqwerty's self-loathing is well chronicled here.

Deserved too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 5:45 AM, John Doe wrote:

> UseNet has the best format for discussion. Unfortunately it's become a
> den of misfits due to the complete lack of moderation and ease of
> nym-shifting. Controversial subject groups have become impossible to
> enjoy.
>
> Mutual blocking will rock. It eliminates the need for moderation at the
> same time it nukes trolls. It just requires a tiny bit of accountability
> from its users, like signing up on a typical website forum.

I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
it works?

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 5:03 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 10/2/2015 5:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
>
>> UseNet has the best format for discussion. Unfortunately it's become a
>> den of misfits due to the complete lack of moderation and ease of
>> nym-shifting. Controversial subject groups have become impossible to
>> enjoy.
>>
>> Mutual blocking will rock. It eliminates the need for moderation at the
>> same time it nukes trolls. It just requires a tiny bit of accountability
>> from its users, like signing up on a typical website forum.

> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
> it works?

Why is it "complete nonsense"?

And why can't someone follow usenet _and_ suggest how to improve it?

Frankly there are moderated groups, but they're the equivalent of FB so
any jack boot can rule.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2015 9:03 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 10/2/2015 5:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
>
>> UseNet has the best format for discussion. Unfortunately it's become a
>> den of misfits due to the complete lack of moderation and ease of
>> nym-shifting. Controversial subject groups have become impossible to
>> enjoy.
>>
>> Mutual blocking will rock. It eliminates the need for moderation at the
>> same time it nukes trolls. It just requires a tiny bit of accountability
>> from its users, like signing up on a typical website forum.

> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
> it works?

Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 8:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> So he likes a feature of a website. Who here really gives a shit?
>
> -sw

So you're an attention whore dwarf that stalks women.

Right...who cares...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno > Wrote in message:
> On 3/10/2015 9:03 AM, Cheryl wrote:
>> On 10/2/2015 5:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
>>
>>> UseNet has the best format for discussion. Unfortunately it's become a
>>> den of misfits due to the complete lack of moderation and ease of
>>> nym-shifting. Controversial subject groups have become impossible to
>>> enjoy.
>>>
>>> Mutual blocking will rock. It eliminates the need for moderation at the
>>> same time it nukes trolls. It just requires a tiny bit of accountability
>>> from its users, like signing up on a typical website forum.

>> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
>> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
>> it works?
>>

> Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
> work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.

Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
decide to go moderated without a fair vote.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 9:46 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Xeno > Wrote in message:

>>> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
>>> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
>>> it works?
>>>

>> Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
>> work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.
>>

> Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
> thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
> to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
> decide to go moderated without a fair vote.

Fair enough.

So why do you feed Sqwerty the woman-stalker?

WTF does that accomplish here?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2015 1:46 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Xeno > Wrote in message:

>>> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
>>> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
>>> it works?
>>>

>> Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
>> work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.
>>

> Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
> thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
> to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
> decide to go moderated without a fair vote.

In the beginning, there was harmony!

Lo that harmony soon turned to discord.

Thus were the demons unleashed!

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2015 3:06 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 14:34:18 +1000, Xeno >
> wrote:

>>> Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
>>> thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
>>> to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
>>> decide to go moderated without a fair vote.
>>>

>> In the beginning, there was harmony!
>>
>> Lo that harmony soon turned to discord.
>>
>> Thus were the demons unleashed!

> And they shall be called boner trolls
>
> And those who commune with them
>
> Shall henceforth be called ****nuckles

LOL

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
web.com...
> Xeno > Wrote in message:

>>> I try to ignore posts like this that are complete nonsense but I just
>>> have to ask, why do you continue to follow Usenet if you don't like how
>>> it works?
>>>

>> Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
>> work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.
>>

> Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
> thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
> to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
> decide to go moderated without a fair vote.

+1 but for me, not even with a vote, fair or otherwise.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/3/2015 1:43 AM, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/10/2015 3:06 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 14:34:18 +1000, Xeno >
>> wrote:

>>> In the beginning, there was harmony!
>>>
>>> Lo that harmony soon turned to discord.
>>>
>>> Thus were the demons unleashed!

>> And they shall be called boner trolls
>>
>> And those who commune with them
>>
>> Shall henceforth be called ****nuckles
>>

> LOL

Your face can be remodeled just as easily as the coward's, ****.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> web.com...
>> Xeno > Wrote in message:

>>> Possibly because he was here in the beginning and likes how it used to
>>> work. He lives in hope.. Understandable.
>>>

>> Usenet will always be unmoderated unless you are a wimp and
>> thin-skinned and need someone else to decide what you should have
>> to read. I make my own choices and will hate Usenet groups that
>> decide to go moderated without a fair vote.

> +1 but for me, not even with a vote, fair or otherwise.

Same here.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> In the beginning, there was harmony!

In the beginning, they had rules to follow or else their college
account was pulled.

> Lo that harmony soon turned to discord.

Usenet spread far beyond those with access through universities & big
business when home users could have unlimited dial up accounts for $20
a month and a 13 point whatever modem was considered screaming fast.

> Thus were the demons unleashed!

It did get worse after the masses at AOL were unleashed.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/3/2015 1:47 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 14:34:18 +1000, Xeno >
> wrote:
>
>> In the beginning, there was harmony!

> In the beginning, they had rules to follow or else their college
> account was pulled.
>>
>> Lo that harmony soon turned to discord.

> Usenet spread far beyond those with access through universities & big
> business when home users could have unlimited dial up accounts for $20
> a month and a 13 point whatever modem was considered screaming fast.
>>
>> Thus were the demons unleashed!

> It did get worse after the masses at AOL were unleashed.

The dreaded "eternal september"...

Now it's just a boomer backwater, like print newspapers.