Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Calliope (Craig) Kurtz: Email me, please

On 2021 Apr 11, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
> dumber story.
> https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

A Florida woman. Florida women marry Florida men and have Florida kids who
create national stories when they grow up to become "Florida Man".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:12:04 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 11, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):
> > You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
> > dumber story.
> > https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

> A Florida woman. Florida women marry Florida men and have Florida kids who
> create national stories when they grow up to become "Florida Man".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 7:09:59 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> I have the ENTIRE Cheep Effects catalog of OUR Muzak, digitized by Bryan, for fear the cassette tapes would go bad, which some did.
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 7:09:59 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>

>> I have the ENTIRE Cheep Effects catalog of OUR Muzak, digitized by Bryan, for fear the cassette tapes would go bad, which some did.
>>

>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:22:44 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:12:04 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
>> On 2021 Apr 11, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
>> (in article >):
>> > You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
>> > dumber story.
>> > https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

>> A Florida woman. Florida women marry Florida men and have Florida kids who
>> create national stories when they grow up to become "Florida Man".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 7:09:59 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>

>> I have the ENTIRE Cheep Effects catalog of OUR Muzak, digitized by Bryan, for fear the cassette tapes would go bad, which some did.
>>

>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:22:44 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:12:04 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
>> On 2021 Apr 11, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
>> (in article >):
>> > You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
>> > dumber story.
>> > https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

>> A Florida woman. Florida women marry Florida men and have Florida kids who
>> create national stories when they grow up to become "Florida Man".

The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>If you *really are* Craig, which I still have a hard time believing, I never claimed
>to own any of your work, and the lyrics to *Your Side of the Story* were freely
>given to you, and belong to you, though I'm sure you'd do the honorable thing,
>and credit me, as if anyone cares about that song anyway.
>
>In case you *are* the real Craig, and one of the folks here contacted you, I have
>no quarrels with you, other than you contacting me to tell me what you told me,
>then not responding to any attempts to contact you. It's like you were trying to
>shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was
>nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago. Leave me out of
>any shit you've got with Kuthe. My conflicts with him have zero to do with you.

They have zero to do with us either, yet you constantly annoy us with
your endless childish scorned lover's feud.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 09:58:18 +1000, Ron > wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:
>
>>If you *really are* Craig, which I still have a hard time believing, I never claimed
>>to own any of your work, and the lyrics to *Your Side of the Story* were freely
>>given to you, and belong to you, though I'm sure you'd do the honorable thing,
>>and credit me, as if anyone cares about that song anyway.
>>
>>In case you *are* the real Craig, and one of the folks here contacted you, I have
>>no quarrels with you, other than you contacting me to tell me what you told me,
>>then not responding to any attempts to contact you. It's like you were trying to
>>shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was
>>nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago. Leave me out of
>>any shit you've got with Kuthe. My conflicts with him have zero to do with you.

>They have zero to do with us either, yet you constantly annoy us with
>your endless childish scorned lover's feud.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ron wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> If you *really are* Craig, which I still have a hard time believing, I never claimed
>> to own any of your work, and the lyrics to *Your Side of the Story* were freely
>> given to you, and belong to you, though I'm sure you'd do the honorable thing,
>> and credit me, as if anyone cares about that song anyway.
>>
>> In case you *are* the real Craig, and one of the folks here contacted you, I have
>> no quarrels with you, other than you contacting me to tell me what you told me,
>> then not responding to any attempts to contact you. It's like you were trying to
>> shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was
>> nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago. Leave me out of
>> any shit you've got with Kuthe. My conflicts with him have zero to do with you.

> They have zero to do with us either, yet you constantly annoy us with
> your endless childish scorned lover's feud.

And you keep sniffing his ass. Soon your nose will be in his ass as
much as dave smith's. You're gonna get blisters master.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 6:55:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> If you *really are* Craig, which I still have a hard time believing, I never claimed
> to own any of your work, and the lyrics to *Your Side of the Story* were freely
> given to you, and belong to you, though I'm sure you'd do the honorable thing,
> and credit me, as if anyone cares about that song anyway.

....> --Bryan

Yep! The song lyrics "Your Side Of The Story" was a written story Bryan gave Craig Kurtz and thus Craig SHOULD credit him with authorship.

And I care about that song! It was one of our Five original Cheep Effects songs done that night/morning.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 6:55:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> If you *really are* Craig, which I still have a hard time believing, I never claimed
>> to own any of your work, and the lyrics to *Your Side of the Story* were freely
>> given to you, and belong to you, though I'm sure you'd do the honorable thing,
>> and credit me, as if anyone cares about that song anyway.

> ...> --Bryan
>
> Yep! The song lyrics "Your Side Of The Story" was a written story Bryan gave Craig Kurtz and thus Craig SHOULD credit him with authorship.
>
> And I care about that song! It was one of our Five original Cheep Effects songs done that night/morning.
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

You should put a PA speaker on your leaf and cruise around blaring
that song for all to hear in da Loo!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:50:43 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:

> You should put a PA speaker on your leaf and cruise
> around blaring that song for all to hear in da Loo!

Umm, Hank, did you actually listen to any of that stuff?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> It's like you were trying to shock me,

Gosh, Bryan. Don't tell me you think we have trolls here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:14:29 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> It's like you were trying to shock me,

>Gosh, Bryan. Don't tell me you think we have trolls here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:12:43 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:50:43 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> You should put a PA speaker on your leaf and cruise
>> around blaring that song for all to hear in da Loo!

>Umm, Hank, did you actually listen to any of that stuff?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

€śI talked with my best computer people about it! And I own all the music, as I was our Producer![...] And I will gladly share any $$ with Craig Kurtz, the other Original Cheep Effects member on Poetry/Lyrics, Vocals, piano, guitar/bass and tape effects.€ť
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Sorry John. The lyrics have ALWAYS been mine. I dont recall it being you that got beat up repeatedly in the Navy for writing poetry, so €śWeirdos On The Street€ť (my final Navy composition) could not *possibly* be yours to €śshare€ť with me. And, my copyright is literally registered with the US office.

I appreciate that you enjoyed the experience and the music, but I have always wondered why, considering your apparent passion (and indefatigable digital grandstanding), you never got it together with a respectable web tribute.. I mean, your Soundcloud page, prominently featuring your name and your photo, is, after 2 years time, woefully unfinished and abandoned. As a free platform, that fails to makes sense. I dont mind at all you hoisting the banner of my first literary / musical project, but why so intermittent and shoddy?

I want to make it clear, on the record, that I consider MOST of the Cheep Effects recordings junk. It is somewhat embarrassing to have so much of my teenage poetry posted online, and the tunes where Eric and I try actual pop singing make me cringe. Whatever. Considering that €śWeirdos On The Street€ť was conceptualized and recorded (in St Louis of all places!) PRIOR to the US release of *any* PiL albums suggests its importance as a historical artifact. And I want to make it clear that the cost of recording as well as the entire sonic arrangement was, and remains, my intellectual property.

Now, on to the other guy €¦

€śBryanGSimmons
2 months ago
I wonder if Calliope Kurtz would appreciate being deadnamed?€ť

OK, Mr. Simmons. Mr. Kuthe did not deadname me, sir. UNLIKE YOU, he knew me as Craig Kurtz when we exchanged correspondence in 2011 or 2012. My gender got reversed back *years prior.* The only person who knew me as Calliope and *then* did NOT know of my reversal would be YOU. As evinced by your statement above. Which means you are the only person who could possibly have created the unfortunate site, below.

https://sites.google.com/view/cheepeffects-com

PLEASE REMOVE THE MUSIC. I am the copyright holder!

So €śI never claimed to own any of your work...€ť seems to be less than the truth.

€śIt's like you were trying to shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago.€ť

As I recall, you were an asshole over the phone then, and remain one to this day.

Good day, sir.

Craig Kurtz
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 14:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>en mine. I don’t recall it being you that got beat up repeatedly in the Navy for writing poetry, so “Weirdos On The Street” (my final Navy composition) could not *possibly* be yours to “share” with me. And, my copyright is literally registered with the US office.

Word wrap, dude. Get some
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 14:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz
> wrote:

>“I talked with my best computer people about it! And I own all the music, as I was our Producer![...] And I will gladly share any $$ with Craig Kurtz, the other Original Cheep Effects member on Poetry/Lyrics, Vocals, piano, guitar/bass and tape effects.”
>John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
>
>Sorry John. The lyrics have ALWAYS been mine. I don’t recall it being you that got beat up repeatedly in the Navy for writing poetry, so “Weirdos On The Street” (my final Navy composition) could not *possibly* be yours to “share” with me. And, my copyright is literally registered with the US office.
>
>I appreciate that you enjoyed the experience and the music, but I have always wondered why, considering your apparent passion (and indefatigable digital grandstanding), you never got it together with a respectable web tribute. I mean, your Soundcloud page, prominently featuring your name and your photo, is, after 2 years’ time, woefully unfinished and abandoned. As a free platform, that fails to makes sense. I don’t mind at all you hoisting the banner of my first literary / musical project, but why so intermittent and shoddy?
>
>I want to make it clear, on the record, that I consider MOST of the Cheep Effects’ recordings junk. It is somewhat embarrassing to have so much of my teenage poetry posted online, and the tunes where Eric and I try actual pop singing make me cringe. Whatever. Considering that “Weirdos On The Street” was conceptualized and recorded (in St Louis of all places!) PRIOR to the US release of *any* PiL albums suggests its importance as a historical artifact. And I want to make it clear that the cost of recording as well as the entire sonic arrangement was, and remains, my intellectual property.
>
>Now, on to the other guy …
>
>“BryanGSimmons
>2 months ago
>I wonder if Calliope Kurtz would appreciate being deadnamed?”
>

>OK, Mr. Simmons. Mr. Kuthe did not deadname me, sir. UNLIKE YOU, he knew me as Craig Kurtz when we exchanged correspondence in 2011 or 2012. My gender got reversed back *years prior.* The only person who knew me as Calliope and *then* did NOT know of my reversal would be YOU. As evinced by your statement above. Which means you are the only person who could possibly have created the unfortunate site, below.
>
>https://sites.google.com/view/cheepeffects-com
>
>PLEASE REMOVE THE MUSIC. I am the copyright holder!
>
>So “I never claimed to own any of your work...” seems to be less than the truth.
>
>“It's like you were trying to shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago.”
>
>As I recall, you were an asshole over the phone then, and remain one to this day.
>
>Good day, sir.
>
>Craig Kurtz

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:14:29 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:55:49 -0700, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> It's like you were trying to shock me,

>Gosh, Bryan. Don't tell me you think we have trolls here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 18:09:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 3:54:13 PM UTC-5, Jim Lahey wrote:

>> Yup. If Kuthe doesn't cease and desist, take it to a lawyer. Kuthe
>> does at least have his house as an asset.......
>>

>He'd have to show damages, and the Cheep Effects' music has very little
>to no monetary value, but if Craig asks him to cut it out, he should. In my
>experience, telling John to STFU is ineffectual. I do now believe that this
>is the *real* Kurtz, and his copyrights should be respected out of courtesy,
>whether or not he could claim any actual damages, which is unlikely. As
>long as there is no profit, Craig would have to claim that his value as an
>artist was lessened, and would have to make a case that it is.

Whether someone's "value as an artist" is lessened doesn't matter.
Copyright is copyright.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 May 2021 13:09:19 +1000, Arnie > wrote:

>On Wed, 19 May 2021 18:09:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 3:54:13 PM UTC-5, Jim Lahey wrote:

>>> Yup. If Kuthe doesn't cease and desist, take it to a lawyer. Kuthe
>>> does at least have his house as an asset.......
>>>

>>He'd have to show damages, and the Cheep Effects' music has very little
>>to no monetary value, but if Craig asks him to cut it out, he should. In my
>>experience, telling John to STFU is ineffectual. I do now believe that this
>>is the *real* Kurtz, and his copyrights should be respected out of courtesy,
>>whether or not he could claim any actual damages, which is unlikely. As
>>long as there is no profit, Craig would have to claim that his value as an
>>artist was lessened, and would have to make a case that it is.

>Whether someone's "value as an artist" is lessened doesn't matter.
>Copyright is copyright.

OH, **** OFF, WANKSTAIN.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:40:07 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz wrote:

> What amazes me is why anyone would provide an audience to this
> inanity.

Say Whaaa?

How did I miss all this drama?

Posts from the IP address that does map back to domain in poster's
email address (a school district in Virginia and during school
hours), but no Craig Kurtz listed in any staff directory.

Yeah, nice try. But better luck next time, buddy!

But hey - I got a good deal on a domain name for you if you're
interested. Two fitty!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 14:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz wrote:

> OK, Mr. Simmons. Mr. Kuthe did not deadname me, sir. UNLIKE YOU,
> he knew me as Craig Kurtz when we exchanged correspondence in
> 2011 or 2012. My gender got reversed back *years prior.* The only
> person who knew me as Calliope and *then* did NOT know of my
> reversal would be YOU. As evinced by your statement above. Which
> means you are the only person who could possibly have created the
> unfortunate site, below.
>
> https://sites.google.com/view/cheepeffects-com

Actually, it's http://cheepeffects.com

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2021 23:42:54 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 19 May 2021 14:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Craig Kurtz wrote:
>
>> OK, Mr. Simmons. Mr. Kuthe did not deadname me, sir. UNLIKE YOU,
>> he knew me as Craig Kurtz when we exchanged correspondence in
>> 2011 or 2012. My gender got reversed back *years prior.* The only
>> person who knew me as Calliope and *then* did NOT know of my
>> reversal would be YOU. As evinced by your statement above. Which
>> means you are the only person who could possibly have created the
>> unfortunate site, below.
>>
>> https://sites.google.com/view/cheepeffects-com

>Actually, it's http://cheepeffects.com
>
>-sw

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TN: Craig turns 39.96 DaleW Wine 3 05-07-2012 06:15 PM
Better Than Jenny Craig brooklyn1 General Cooking 74 17-02-2010 03:57 AM
BBQ on Craig Ferguson Kelvin Barbecue 1 31-01-2010 05:49 PM