Posted to rec.food.cooking
Craig Kurtz[_2_] Craig Kurtz[_2_] is offline

Default Calliope (Craig) Kurtz: Email me, please

€śI talked with my best computer people about it! And I own all the music, as I was our Producer![...] And I will gladly share any $$ with Craig Kurtz, the other Original Cheep Effects member on Poetry/Lyrics, Vocals, piano, guitar/bass and tape effects.€ť
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Sorry John. The lyrics have ALWAYS been mine. I dont recall it being you that got beat up repeatedly in the Navy for writing poetry, so €śWeirdos On The Street€ť (my final Navy composition) could not *possibly* be yours to €śshare€ť with me. And, my copyright is literally registered with the US office.

I appreciate that you enjoyed the experience and the music, but I have always wondered why, considering your apparent passion (and indefatigable digital grandstanding), you never got it together with a respectable web tribute.. I mean, your Soundcloud page, prominently featuring your name and your photo, is, after 2 years time, woefully unfinished and abandoned. As a free platform, that fails to makes sense. I dont mind at all you hoisting the banner of my first literary / musical project, but why so intermittent and shoddy?

I want to make it clear, on the record, that I consider MOST of the Cheep Effects recordings junk. It is somewhat embarrassing to have so much of my teenage poetry posted online, and the tunes where Eric and I try actual pop singing make me cringe. Whatever. Considering that €śWeirdos On The Street€ť was conceptualized and recorded (in St Louis of all places!) PRIOR to the US release of *any* PiL albums suggests its importance as a historical artifact. And I want to make it clear that the cost of recording as well as the entire sonic arrangement was, and remains, my intellectual property.

Now, on to the other guy €¦

€śBryanGSimmons
2 months ago
I wonder if Calliope Kurtz would appreciate being deadnamed?€ť

OK, Mr. Simmons. Mr. Kuthe did not deadname me, sir. UNLIKE YOU, he knew me as Craig Kurtz when we exchanged correspondence in 2011 or 2012. My gender got reversed back *years prior.* The only person who knew me as Calliope and *then* did NOT know of my reversal would be YOU. As evinced by your statement above. Which means you are the only person who could possibly have created the unfortunate site, below.

https://sites.google.com/view/cheepeffects-com

PLEASE REMOVE THE MUSIC. I am the copyright holder!

So €śI never claimed to own any of your work...€ť seems to be less than the truth.

€śIt's like you were trying to shock me, and then went back to thinking I was an asshole, even though I was nice to you on the phone when you called me 15 years ago.€ť

As I recall, you were an asshole over the phone then, and remain one to this day.

Good day, sir.

Craig Kurtz