Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "The Onion" - funny, as always!

Enjoy.

"Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"

https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 12:21:50 PM UTC-4, Lenona wrote:
> Enjoy.
>
> "Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
>
> https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

I stopped reading The Onion about four years ago. It's too much like the regular news. Or
vice versa.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2020 12:21 PM, Lenona wrote:
> Enjoy.
>
> "Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
>
> https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

BTDT once or twice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:21:44 -0700 (PDT), Lenona >
wrote:

>Enjoy.
>
>"Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
>
>https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
at the Onion?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2:32:51 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:21:44 -0700 (PDT), Lenona
> wrote:
> >Enjoy.
> >
> >"Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
> >
> >https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

> More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
> at the Onion?

Well, I would hope that at least SOME English-speakers would still be able to appreciate low-key humor...

In the meantime, I made an eggless chocolate pudding last night. What's good about it is, you can spread a ladleful of it on a plate, freeze it for 90 minutes or more, and it's as good as ice cream! (But, given the cornstarch, it's probably just as fattening.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

And here's a good open-face sandwich. Take one long slice of crusty bread, spread with mayo, add slices of tomato, and sprinkle with dried minced onion. Or, if you prefer the classic Catalan style, toast the bread, drizzle it with olive oil, and RUB half a tomato all over it until the toast gets somewhat soggy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:21:44 -0700 (PDT), Lenona >
> wrote:
>
>>Enjoy.
>>
>>"Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
>>
>>https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

> More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
> at the Onion?

I look at The Onion once in a while but there was nothing funny about that
article.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lenona" > wrote in message
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2:32:51 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:21:44 -0700 (PDT), Lenona
> wrote:
> >Enjoy.
> >
> >"Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
> >
> >https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872

> More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
> at the Onion?

Well, I would hope that at least SOME English-speakers would still be able
to appreciate low-key humor...

In the meantime, I made an eggless chocolate pudding last night. What's good
about it is, you can spread a ladleful of it on a plate, freeze it for 90
minutes or more, and it's as good as ice cream! (But, given the cornstarch,
it's probably just as fattening.)

Pudding doesn't have eggs. Custard does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/20/2020 2:52 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 09:21:44 -0700 (PDT), Lenona >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Enjoy.
>>>
>>> "Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
>>>
>>> https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872
>>>

>> More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
>> at the Onion?

> I look at The Onion once in a while but there was nothing funny about
> that article.

It was a little chuckle if you've ever done something like that. Many
of us have. Couple of months back I went to a liquor store and my
friend barely made it to the checkout with all that she picked up along
the way. You go in for one or two items and see six more you want along
the way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 10/19/2020 12:21 PM, Lenona wrote:
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > "Man Has Come Too Far To Turn Back For Grocery Basket"
> >
> > https://local.theonion.com/man-has-c...ket-1845382872
> >

> BTDT once or twice.

I once went into my grocery store just for a few things.
Didn't need a cart or even a hand basket.

I had to walk all over the store for what I wanted though
and kept passing other things to grab.
"Oh yeah, one of these too"

Finally I was juggling many things in both arms. As I headed
to the checkout line I saw one more thing...a can of tuna.
So I adjusted everything to one arm to pick it up, and just
stuck it in my coat pocket to carry to the checkout.

At the checkout, we got talking and I forgot about the can
of tuna in my pocket. Once outside at my van, I reached for
my keys and found it. "Oh crap! I just stole a can of tuna."

So I went right back inside and paid for it. Whew!
Scary thing is that I could have easily gotten caught for
shoplifting for something that simple.

"Oh...I forgot about the tuna"
"Yeah right"

I've never put a small store item in my pocket since then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 2:54:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> "Lenona" > wrote in message
> And here's a good open-face sandwich. Take one long slice of crusty bread,
> spread with mayo, add slices of tomato, and sprinkle with dried minced
> onion. Or, if you prefer the classic Catalan style, toast the bread, drizzle
> it with olive oil, and RUB half a tomato all over it until the toast gets
> somewhat soggy.
> Needs cheese.

That's not the Catalan style.

But, I suspect I slipped up - chances are it's better to put the olive oil on last. Plus maybe a little salt.

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> In the meantime, I made an eggless chocolate pudding last night. What's good
> about it is, you can spread a ladleful of it on a plate, freeze it for 90
> minutes or more, and it's as good as ice cream! (But, given the cornstarch,
> it's probably just as fattening.)

> Pudding doesn't have eggs. Custard does.

Even when there are no yolks involved?

Or is mousse not listed as a pudding?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 11:56:49 AM UTC-5, Lenona wrote:

> > In the meantime, I made an eggless chocolate pudding last night. What's good
> > about it is, you can spread a ladleful of it on a plate, freeze it for 90
> > minutes or more, and it's as good as ice cream! (But, given the cornstarch,
> > it's probably just as fattening.)

> > Pudding doesn't have eggs. Custard does.

> Even when there are no yolks involved?
>
> Or is mousse not listed as a pudding?

I really cannot answer that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:54:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> "Lenona" > wrote in message
> And here's a good open-face sandwich. Take one long slice of crusty bread,
> spread with mayo, add slices of tomato, and sprinkle with dried minced
> onion. Or, if you prefer the classic Catalan style, toast the bread, drizzle
> it with olive oil, and RUB half a tomato all over it until the toast gets
> somewhat soggy.
> Needs cheese.

Julie, from your photograph you appear to have mesmerising eyes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lenona" > wrote in message

>> In the meantime, I made an eggless chocolate pudding last night. What's
>> good
>> about it is, you can spread a ladleful of it on a plate, freeze it for 90
>> minutes or more, and it's as good as ice cream! (But, given the
>> cornstarch,
>> it's probably just as fattening.)

>> Pudding doesn't have eggs. Custard does.

> Even when there are no yolks involved?
>
> Or is mousse not listed as a pudding?

I don't think of mousse as a pudding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:54:05 AM UTC-5,
> wrote:
>> "Lenona" > wrote in message
>> And here's a good open-face sandwich. Take one long slice of crusty
>> bread,
>> spread with mayo, add slices of tomato, and sprinkle with dried minced
>> onion. Or, if you prefer the classic Catalan style, toast the bread,
>> drizzle
>> it with olive oil, and RUB half a tomato all over it until the toast gets
>> somewhat soggy.
>> Needs cheese.

> Julie, from your photograph you appear to have mesmerising eyes.

What photograph?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 03:01:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:54:05 AM UTC-5,
>> wrote:
>>> "Lenona" > wrote in message
>>> And here's a good open-face sandwich. Take one long slice of crusty
>>> bread,
>>> spread with mayo, add slices of tomato, and sprinkle with dried minced
>>> onion. Or, if you prefer the classic Catalan style, toast the bread,
>>> drizzle
>>> it with olive oil, and RUB half a tomato all over it until the toast gets
>>> somewhat soggy.
>>> Needs cheese.

>> Julie, from your photograph you appear to have mesmerising eyes.

>What photograph?

Lol, that was the deplorable Greg Sorrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 10/20/2020 2:52 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Jeßus" > wrote in message

>>> More original content. Do you ever have anything to say? And who looks
>>> at the Onion?

>> I look at The Onion once in a while but there was nothing funny about
>> that article.

> It was a little chuckle if you've ever done something like that. Many of
> us have. Couple of months back I went to a liquor store and my friend
> barely made it to the checkout with all that she picked up along the way.
> You go in for one or two items and see six more you want along the way.

No. I've never done that. I always get a shopping cart. I see people who do
that and think they are idiots.