Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bread machines

S Viemeister wrote:

> On 21/10/2020 04:24, cshenk wrote:
> > S Viemeister wrote:

> > > Blocks of fresh yeast are sold refrigerated.

> > This is USA and bread machine yeast.
> >

> The yeast I refer to was purchased in a supermarket in the USA.

Well, dunno what you got. 'Fresh yeast' can be misleading. Noted you
say 'blocks'. Thats the cake of yeast stuff? Why the heck would you
use that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 23:18:31 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>S Viemeister wrote:

>> > This is USA and bread machine yeast.
>> >

>> The yeast I refer to was purchased in a supermarket in the USA.

>Well, dunno what you got. 'Fresh yeast' can be misleading.

It can?

>Noted you say 'blocks'. Thats the cake of yeast stuff? Why the heck would you
>use that?

Why not?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/10/2020 05:18, cshenk wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
>>> This is USA and bread machine yeast.

>> The yeast I refer to was purchased in a supermarket in the USA.

> Well, dunno what you got. 'Fresh yeast' can be misleading. Noted you
> say 'blocks'. Thats the cake of yeast stuff? Why the heck would you
> use that?

Fresh, moist, compressed blocks of yeast, not dried stuff. Different
yeasts can give different results, and affect the taste of the finished
product.
I don't use an automatic bread machine, so I am not limited to bread
machine dried yeast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 9:25:08 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 24/10/2020 05:18, cshenk wrote:
> > S Viemeister wrote:
> >> The yeast I refer to was purchased in a supermarket in the USA.

> > Well, dunno what you got. 'Fresh yeast' can be misleading. Noted you
> > say 'blocks'. Thats the cake of yeast stuff? Why the heck would you
> > use that?
> >

> Fresh, moist, compressed blocks of yeast, not dried stuff. Different
> yeasts can give different results, and affect the taste of the finished
> product.
> I don't use an automatic bread machine, so I am not limited to bread
> machine dried yeast.

Bread machine yeast is kind of a scam. It's just repackaged active dry yeast. Most people use the envelopes. Yeast is yeast is yeast. If they bake a lot, they might get a jar of yeast. I get a 2 lb bag of yeast at Costco or Sam's Club. I don't proof my yeast most times because I'm fairly sure the product's good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:28:58 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 11:47:59 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > I like to mix up yeast dough in a Ziploc bag. Everything goes into a bag and mixed and kneaded. You don't get flour all over the place and you can even knead while watching a Three Stooges short. When kneading the dough you no longer use your arms and shoulders. You use only your hands. That could be a good thing - or not.

> > This could be used as a male masturbation device. Do Moe, Larry & Curly turn you on?
> >
> > <grin>

> You're the expert, you tell me. My guess is that any tool within your reach can be used to spill your seed. Yoose is like the MacGyver of masturbation.

That would be a funny epitaph, The MacGyver of masturbation.
I sometimes think of practical jokes that would only be practical
if I won the lottery. One is to make fake tombstones with absurd
epitaphs, and sneak them into cemeteries.

[fake name]
Born Feb. 17, 1956
Died June 21, 1990
He was truly the
MacGyver of Onanism

Every so often you could drive through the cemetery to see if it
had been removed.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 9:25:08 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, dunno what you got. 'Fresh yeast' can be misleading.
> > > Noted you say 'blocks'. Thats the cake of yeast stuff? Why the
> > > heck would you use that?
> > >

> > Fresh, moist, compressed blocks of yeast, not dried stuff.
> > Different yeasts can give different results, and affect the taste
> > of the finished product.
> > I don't use an automatic bread machine, so I am not limited to
> > bread machine dried yeast.

> Bread machine yeast is kind of a scam. It's just repackaged active
> dry yeast. Most people use the envelopes. Yeast is yeast is yeast. If
> they bake a lot, they might get a jar of yeast. I get a 2 lb bag of
> yeast at Costco or Sam's Club. I don't proof my yeast most times
> because I'm fairly sure the product's good.

The term 'Bread Machine Yeast' is a generic that really means 'dry and
doesn't have to be tested in warm water to bubble'. Active dry is the
same.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:22:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:

>> > Fresh, moist, compressed blocks of yeast, not dried stuff.
>> > Different yeasts can give different results, and affect the taste
>> > of the finished product.
>> > I don't use an automatic bread machine, so I am not limited to
>> > bread machine dried yeast.

>> Bread machine yeast is kind of a scam. It's just repackaged active
>> dry yeast. Most people use the envelopes. Yeast is yeast is yeast. If
>> they bake a lot, they might get a jar of yeast. I get a 2 lb bag of
>> yeast at Costco or Sam's Club. I don't proof my yeast most times
>> because I'm fairly sure the product's good.

>The term 'Bread Machine Yeast' is a generic that really means 'dry and
>doesn't have to be tested in warm water to bubble'. Active dry is the
>same.

Typical nonsense from know nothings. Different bread yeasts are as
different as different wine grape yeasts. Any yeast that hasn't been
proofed recently should be proofed prior to using. Yeast is a living
organism that can die and/or become contaminated by different yeasts.
Proper packaging and storage is important.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:22:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > dsi1 wrote:

> USA. >> > >

> the >> > > heck would you use that?

> >> Bread machine yeast is kind of a scam. It's just repackaged active
> >> dry yeast. Most people use the envelopes. Yeast is yeast is yeast.

> If >> they bake a lot, they might get a jar of yeast. I get a 2 lb
> bag of >> yeast at Costco or Sam's Club. I don't proof my yeast most
> times >> because I'm fairly sure the product's good.
> >
> > The term 'Bread Machine Yeast' is a generic that really means 'dry
> > and doesn't have to be tested in warm water to bubble'. Active dry
> > is the same.

> Typical nonsense from know nothings. Different bread yeasts are as
> different as different wine grape yeasts. Any yeast that hasn't been
> proofed recently should be proofed prior to using. Yeast is a living
> organism that can die and/or become contaminated by different yeasts.
> Proper packaging and storage is important.

You know nothing of bread machines. You know nothing about modern yeast
types of storage. Go away Sheldon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 20:31:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> Typical nonsense from know nothings. Different bread yeasts are as
>> different as different wine grape yeasts. Any yeast that hasn't been
>> proofed recently should be proofed prior to using. Yeast is a living
>> organism that can die and/or become contaminated by different yeasts.
>> Proper packaging and storage is important.

>You know nothing of bread machines. You know nothing about modern yeast
>types of storage. Go away Sheldon.

He probably thinks the only good yeast is sold by kosher delis in New
York.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chewey launches vrtual pet visits...
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/chewy.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:39:39 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 20:31:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>>> Typical nonsense from know nothings. Different bread yeasts are as
>>> different as different wine grape yeasts. Any yeast that hasn't been
>>> proofed recently should be proofed prior to using. Yeast is a living
>>> organism that can die and/or become contaminated by different yeasts.
>>> Proper packaging and storage is important.

>>You know nothing of bread machines. You know nothing about modern yeast
>>types of storage. Go away Sheldon.

>He probably thinks the only good yeast is sold by kosher delis in New
>York.

Nope... the only yeast Sheck the Dreck knows is her contagious vaginal
yeast infections... and Brushie laps it up.

Bread Machines KenK General Cooking 6 26-05-2009 01:53 AM
Bread machines Bill & Vernie Bauer Baking 1 19-04-2006 04:36 AM
Sourdough Bread for Bread Machines Chef R. W. Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2005 12:58 PM
Sourdough Bread for Bread Machines Chef R. W. Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2005 12:58 PM
bread machines Steph G.B Baking 1 18-10-2003 08:30 PM