Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Full American Breakfast" (for Lunch+Dinner)

Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg

Bring it On!

(*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/24/2020 7:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>
> Bring it On!
>
> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
>
> -sw

I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:07:22 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>
>Bring it On!
>
>(*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

I wonder for how many people that is. One or two, I guess. That's a
lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:07:22 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>
>> Bring it On!
>>
>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

> I wonder for how many people that is. One or two, I guess. That's a
> lot.

It's a Popeye meal!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:13:35 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 7/24/2020 7:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>
>> Bring it On!
>>
>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

> I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.

Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
as much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch

Then again, you just like to hate.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/24/2020 11:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:13:35 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:
>
>> On 7/24/2020 7:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>>
>>> Bring it On!
>>>
>>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

>> I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.

> Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
> as much.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch
>
> Then again, you just like to hate.
>
> -sw

I have had the full English breakfast.

Didn't hate it.

Trying to pick a fight? Yawn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>
> Bring it On!
>
> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
>
> -sw

I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
than "Full American Breakfast".

Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 6:00:06 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
> >
> > Bring it On!
> >
> > (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
> >
> > -sw

> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> than "Full American Breakfast".
>
> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

Neither are beans for breakfast in most of the USA, but Steve is in Texas.

A more typical full American breakfast is just eggs, fried potatoes, buttered toast, bacon or breakfast sausage, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 03:12:32 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 7/24/2020 11:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.

>> Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
>> as much.
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch
>>
>> Then again, you just like to hate.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I have had the full English breakfast.
>
> Didn't hate it.
>
> Trying to pick a fight? Yawn.

You said you never saw a plate of stuff like that. What did you
mean, or were you just trying to pick a fight? <yawn>

Yeah, I thought so.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:29:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 6:00:06 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>>
>>> Bring it On!
>>>
>>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>
>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

> Neither are beans for breakfast in most of the USA, but Steve is in Texas.
>
> A more typical full American breakfast is just eggs, fried potatoes, buttered toast, bacon or breakfast sausage, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice.

This was a mini take-off of a "Full English Breakfast" which
includes baked beans. While scrapple and leavened biscuits are one
of the few 100% American inventions on the breakfast plate.

Posting pictures on here is like pulling teeth. I'm the last of a
dying breed (who actually cooks on this group).

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2020 8:29 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 03:12:32 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
>>> as much.
>>>
>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch
>>>
>>> Then again, you just like to hate.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> I have had the full English breakfast.
>>
>> Didn't hate it.
>>
>> Trying to pick a fight? Yawn.

> You said you never saw a plate of stuff like that. What did you
> mean, or were you just trying to pick a fight? <yawn>
>
> Yeah, I thought so.
>
> -sw

I have been an American all my life, and I have never seen it. But
there are lots of parts to the USA. If someone thinks that is what we
eat, or even eat when we want to stuff ourselves at breakfast, they
should consider my comment. No need to fight about it, goofy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:03:58 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 7/25/2020 8:29 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I have had the full English breakfast.
>>>
>>> Didn't hate it.
>>>
>>> Trying to pick a fight? Yawn.

>> You said you never saw a plate of stuff like that. What did you
>> mean, or were you just trying to pick a fight? <yawn>
>>
>> Yeah, I thought so.

> I have been an American all my life, and I have never seen it.

You still didn't "get it". It was a mini-takeoff off a "Full
English Breakfast".

> there are lots of parts to the USA. If someone thinks that is what we
> eat, or even eat when we want to stuff ourselves at breakfast, they
> should consider my comment. No need to fight about it, goofy.

It wasn't breakfast, as I clearly stated - it was Lunch and Dinner.
Dessert was a caramel brownie.

It's ironic to note how easily I can "troll" the group by actually
staying true to the group's purpose.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:29:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

>> Neither are beans for breakfast in most of the USA, but Steve is in Texas.
>>
>> A more typical full American breakfast is just eggs, fried potatoes, buttered toast, bacon or breakfast sausage, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice.

> This was a mini take-off of a "Full English Breakfast" which
> includes baked beans. While scrapple and leavened biscuits are one
> of the few 100% American inventions on the breakfast plate.
>
> Posting pictures on here is like pulling teeth. I'm the last of a
> dying breed (who actually cooks on this group).
>
> -sw

Nonsense, Popeye is the only one that cooks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10:43:18 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:29:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> >> than "Full American Breakfast".
> >>
> >> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

> > Neither are beans for breakfast in most of the USA, but Steve is in Texas.
> >
> > A more typical full American breakfast is just eggs, fried potatoes, buttered toast, bacon or breakfast sausage, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice.

> This was a mini take-off of a "Full English Breakfast" which
> includes baked beans. While scrapple and leavened biscuits are one
> of the few 100% American inventions on the breakfast plate.
>
> Posting pictures on here is like pulling teeth. I'm the last of a
> dying breed (who actually cooks on this group).

I cook. I made chicken soup from scratch before noon.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>
>> Bring it On!
>>
>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
>>
>> -sw

> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> than "Full American Breakfast".
>
> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 "Jean B." wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>>
>>> Bring it On!
>>>
>>> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>
>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
offal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> This was a mini take-off of a "Full English Breakfast" which
> includes baked beans. While scrapple and leavened biscuits are one
> of the few 100% American inventions on the breakfast plate.

I'll need to drag out a book that is all about scrapple, which is and
was known by a variety of names. I don't think scrapple was an American
invention....

Oh, pshew. I actually shelved this book in my breakfast section. I was
afraid it was in an overflow stack or box. Anyway, one can just look at
the dust flap of Country Scrapple: An American Tradition by William Woys
Weaver to see that this type of food traces back at least to ancient
Europe. The word "scrapple" is another story.

I'll spare you from a brief history of leavened biscuits. I'd first have
to ask about the leavening agent.

> Posting pictures on here is like pulling teeth. I'm the last of a
> dying breed (who actually cooks on this group).
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 9:07:29 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>
> -sw

You can keep the beans and although I've already stated I've never eaten
scrapple I'd like to try it and would have no trouble diving into that
breakfast.

I'd have to trim the crispy bits from around the eggs though. My dad would
cook eggs with crispy edges and it would just make my hair stand on end. Too
early in the morning to be eating barbed wire for me. Sometimes I thought
he did it on purpose so he'd get those crunchy scraps.

)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:21:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 9:07:29 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>You can keep the beans and although I've already stated I've never eaten
>scrapple I'd like to try it and would have no trouble diving into that
>breakfast.

Scrapple is like eating fried grits but spicer and with offal meat
included
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 "Jean B." wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

> Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
> especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
> 60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
> offal.

I wouldn't include much offal in homemade scrapple. I wonder what offal
I can even find. I suspect I'd have to go to Asian supermarkets to find
any.

Do you ever yearn for scrapple, or did you just make it to serve to
others? Those must have been huge batches. Come to think of it, I
probably have a recipe / recipes straight from the Navy (e.g., from
Cooking and Baking on Shipboard [1942 and 1945] or Ship's Cook and Baker
[1945]).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> Scrapple is like eating fried grits but spicer and with offal meat
> included

I don't remember it being spicy, but then I am thinking of the mom version.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-4, Jean B. wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
> >>
> >> Bring it On!
> >>
> >> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> > than "Full American Breakfast".
> >
> > Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

Because it's largely unknown outside its native region. I'd heard
of it, but it's just not a thing here. It's a regional delicacy.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 3:21:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 9:07:29 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
> >
> > -sw
> >

> You can keep the beans and although I've already stated I've never eaten
> scrapple I'd like to try it and would have no trouble diving into that
> breakfast.
>
> I'd have to trim the crispy bits from around the eggs though. My dad would
> cook eggs with crispy edges and it would just make my hair stand on end. Too
> early in the morning to be eating barbed wire for me. Sometimes I thought
> he did it on purpose so he'd get those crunchy scraps.
>
> )

Mmm. Crispy-edged eggs. I like to get bacon fat ripping hot in a
skillet and then add egg whites and cook them until they're lacy
and brown on the edges. I only do this about once a year.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10:43:18 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Neither are beans for breakfast in most of the USA, but Steve is in Texas.
>>>
>>> A more typical full American breakfast is just eggs, fried potatoes, buttered toast, bacon or breakfast sausage, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice.

>> This was a mini take-off of a "Full English Breakfast" which
>> includes baked beans. While scrapple and leavened biscuits are one
>> of the few 100% American inventions on the breakfast plate.
>>
>> Posting pictures on here is like pulling teeth. I'm the last of a
>> dying breed (who actually cooks on this group).

> I cook. I made chicken soup from scratch before noon.
>>
>> -sw

> --Bryan

Good for you. I opened a can of Campbell chicken water.
Each year, they have a chicken fly over the pot, so it's flavored.
Same hen since 1948.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 "Jean B." wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

> Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
> especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
> 60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
> offal.

Popeye, southern folks never heard of yoose NY scrapple. it's
something NY queers eat. Dick suckers like yoose.

Yoose a fine NY mother****er Popeye, but yoose ain't got any sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 "Jean B." wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

> Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
> especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
> 60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
> offal.

The sailors from Brooklyn all subsisted on diks.

Yep, homo sailors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 "Jean B." wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

> Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
> especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
> 60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
> offal.

And while yoose was cooking up innards for the southerners, yoose
was sucking them old boy's dicks.

Yoose busted Popeye! Yoose a goddamned liar and a new york faggot,
cockroach!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> I wonder why.* Fried scrapple is delicious!

>> Southerners loved scrapple.* They'd eat all I made in no time,
>> especially with grits and runny fried eggs.* This was during the
>> early
>> 60s.* Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
>> offal.
>>

> I wouldn't include much offal in homemade scrapple.* I wonder what
> offal I can even find.* I suspect I'd have to go to Asian
> supermarkets to find any.
>
> Do you ever yearn for scrapple, or did you just make it to serve to
> others?* Those must have been huge batches.* Come to think of it, I
> probably have a recipe / recipes straight from the Navy (e.g., from
> Cooking and Baking on Shipboard [1942 and 1945] or Ship's Cook and
> Baker [1945]).

Popeye never cooked or served anything from the south. He ate
whatever penises were on the ship. His dd 214 shows that.

Popeye was a hom0sexual sailor, but never discharged under section 8

He slid by, but sucked every dik in the Atlantic fleet.

A shameful and disgusting homosexual sailor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:13:48 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

> Oh, pshew. I actually shelved this book in my breakfast section. I was
> afraid it was in an overflow stack or box. Anyway, one can just look at
> the dust flap of Country Scrapple: An American Tradition by William Woys
> Weaver to see that this type of food traces back at least to ancient
> Europe. The word "scrapple" is another story.

Oh, come now. All food is 'descended from 'ancient times'. But
Scrapple as been Scrapple for almost 250 years, and nothing else! It
doesn't even resemble panhaas in any form, it's closing [not even
still living] relative.

:-P

Sheesh. Never get into an argument with a librarian or cataloger.
Heh.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> than "Full American Breakfast".

Next time you actually START a thread rather than participating in
them ad nauseam with morons, then you can dictate your own subjects.

> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

Neither is blood pudding. So what's yer point?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-4, Jean B. wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>>> than "Full American Breakfast".
>>>
>>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> I wonder why. Fried scrapple is delicious!

> Because it's largely unknown outside its native region. I'd heard
> of it, but it's just not a thing here. It's a regional delicacy.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That didn't stop my mother (b. in Nebraska, raised in Detroit) from
serving it. It's pretty close to fried mush and polenta, just tastier
and more proteinous.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:13:35 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:
>
> > On 7/24/2020 7:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
> >>
> >> Bring it On!
> >>
> >> (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.

> > I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.

> Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
> as much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch

> Then again, you just like to hate.
>
> -sw

I didn't like the English breakfast much. It was just *too much*. I
admit the full American one was also overdone on the same pictures.
While there are common foods we all use, we don't make them all like
that.

I will hazard a reasonable guess and may be off a bit.

Corn Bread- more apt to see this with a bit of syrup in the south. In
the North (at least along the eastern coast) a simple pancake might be
there. Toast is pretty much used if you do not have pancakes or
cornbread on the plate and it's fairly rare to see both in a home.

Beans with breakfast- I have heard of it and we do it but we are not
average American eaters. I am pretty sure New England would be a
common spot to see it.

If you do not have cornbread or pancakes, then potatoes *or* grits
would be common. Toast not uncommon to add then.

The fried tomato slices ring a bell for here in season but not sure
they are common in the USA, may well just be where I grew up. Then
again we have a 'red eye gravy' there that has nothing to do with left
over coffee (it's a bean gravy mashed with the juice made of red beans
and ham bone).

The eggs look normal. There's far more sausage or bacon than we eat.

Here's one Joh Kuthe would like for lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPp93c3QK24
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Popeye never cooked or served anything from the south. He ate whatever
> penises were on the ship. His dd 214 shows that.
>
> Popeye was a hom0sexual sailor, but never discharged under section 8
>
> He slid by, but sucked every dik in the Atlantic fleet.
>
> A shameful and disgusting homosexual sailor.

You're disgusting. (And lest you think I don't know anything about
Sheldon, although I've been largely absent for year, I used to be quite
active on this group.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:13:24 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> Southerners loved scrapple. They'd eat all I made in no time,
> especially with grits and runny fried eggs. This was during the early
> 60s. Mine wasn't like home made as the Navy didn't have all the
> offal.

Southerners don't and didn't eat scrapple. What you cooked might
have been some sort of mush, but you didn't describe it at all.
Liver mush was popular back then, but even if it was meat and grits,
it's still not anything close to scrapple.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:32:34 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> Scrapple is like eating fried grits but spicer and with offal meat
> included

Bzzzzzzt!

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 13:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Mmm. Crispy-edged eggs. I like to get bacon fat ripping hot in a
> skillet and then add egg whites and cook them until they're lacy
> and brown on the edges. I only do this about once a year.

I've been doing it a lot more recently. It may be my permanent
method of doing Sunny Side Up from now on as the 3 textures meld
well.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 10:07:29 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> > Scrapple, eggs, beans(*), sausage, biscuits.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/QMqx8KZx/Full-A...-Breakfast.jpg
> >
> > Bring it On!
> >
> > (*) I don't know how you ******* eat those for breakfast.
> >
> > -sw

> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
> than "Full American Breakfast".
>
> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've vaguely heard of it. 'Taint USA normal' but might be in a few
parts of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> Popeye never cooked or served anything from the south. He ate
>> whatever
>> penises were on the ship. His dd 214 shows that.
>>
>> Popeye was a hom0sexual sailor, but never discharged under section 8
>>
>> He slid by, but sucked every dik in the Atlantic fleet.
>>
>> A shameful and disgusting homosexual sailor.
>>

> You're disgusting.* (And lest you think I don't know anything about
> Sheldon, although I've been largely absent for year, I used to be
> quite active on this group.)

Cool. Do yoose have giant tits?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 21:01:27 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 19:13:35 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:
>>
>> > I have never seen a plate of stuff like that in my life.

>> Then you'd probably hate the typical "Full English Breakfast" twice
>> as much.
>>

>https://www.google.com/search?q=full...nms&tbm=is ch
>>
>> Then again, you just like to hate.
>>
>> -sw

>I didn't like the English breakfast much. It was just *too much*. I
>admit the full American one was also overdone on the same pictures.
>While there are common foods we all use, we don't make them all like
>that.
>
>I will hazard a reasonable guess and may be off a bit.

That sounds ominous coming from cshenkie!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:55:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I kind of wish you had put the quotes around "American" rather
>> than "Full American Breakfast".

>Next time you actually START a thread rather than participating in
>them ad nauseam with morons, then you can dictate your own subjects.
>
>> Scrapple just isn't all that popular.

>Neither is blood pudding. So what's yer point?

In short: do not criticise or contradict Angry Man!