Old 30-06-2020, 04:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Potatoes and onions

Someone who gets those produce boxes delivered gave my brother two full
boxes. They were going away and couldn't use it all up. Now I have a ton of
potatoes and onions. Angela has the same. She took some other things. Not
sure what they'll do with all the broccoli. Now... What to do with them?
They are russet potatoes and yellow onions. I do have a pot roast in the
freezer. I could get some more carrots and make that since our weather is
turning cooler. I love free food!

Old 30-06-2020, 07:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/29/20 8:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Someone who gets those produce boxes delivered gave my brother two full
boxes. They were going away and couldn't use it all up. Now I have a ton
of potatoes and onions. Angela has the same. She took some other things.
Not sure what they'll do with all the broccoli. Now... What to do with
them? They are russet potatoes and yellow onions. I do have a pot roast
in the freezer. I could get some more carrots and make that since our
weather is turning cooler. I love free food!

your weather is turning cooler?
Old 30-06-2020, 08:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:45:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Someone who gets those produce boxes delivered gave my brother two full
boxes. They were going away and couldn't use it all up. Now I have a ton of
potatoes and onions. Angela has the same. She took some other things. Not
sure what they'll do with all the broccoli. Now... What to do with them?
They are russet potatoes and yellow onions. I do have a pot roast in the
freezer. I could get some more carrots and make that since our weather is
turning cooler. I love free food!

If I had them I would know what to do with them. We're old
fashioned, Mid-West eaters. Baked potatoes are always good -- lots
of potassium other vitamins and fiber in there. Lots of side dish
recipes. You can boil, bake and mash them Check the Web. Onions?
I'd chop most of them up, lay them on trays, freeze them and then bag
them. Otherwise there are a bunch of onion dishes that use a lot of
them.
Check the Web.
Janet US
Old 30-06-2020, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:45:16 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Someone who gets those produce boxes delivered gave my brother two full
boxes. They were going away and couldn't use it all up. Now I have a ton
of
potatoes and onions. Angela has the same. She took some other things. Not
sure what they'll do with all the broccoli. Now... What to do with them?
They are russet potatoes and yellow onions. I do have a pot roast in the
freezer. I could get some more carrots and make that since our weather is
turning cooler. I love free food!

You let them go bad just like all the other crap you buy and never
eat. At least this stuff came from a food bank so you didn't have to
shop the Internet and pay for it.

It didn't come from the food bank!

Old 30-06-2020, 11:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I'm from Wichita. Can't get much more Midwest than that, but we didn't eat a
lot of potatoes.

Old 02-07-2020, 12:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Toss them like popeye does.
Or, feed the guy in the shed.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

The COVID people in Italy were sicker due to their high gluten pasta diet. Potato eating Germans got fewer critical complications.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 18:36:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The COVID people in Italy were sicker due to their high gluten pasta diet. Potato eating Germans got fewer critical complications.

LOL, I hadn't heard that one before.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
The COVID people in Italy were sicker due to their high gluten pasta diet.
Potato eating Germans got fewer critical complications.

You've been listening to Doc. Wallach. He's a quack. Germans are known for
drinking gluten containing beer, and eating gluten containing foods like
Spaetzel, breaded meats. bread, cakes, etc.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 18:36:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The COVID people in Italy were sicker due to their high gluten pasta diet.
Potato eating Germans got fewer critical complications.

LOL, I hadn't heard that one before.

I have. I also have German friends. I know what they eat. Who invented the
pretzel?

Old 03-07-2020, 07:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 19:24:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 18:36:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The COVID people in Italy were sicker due to their high gluten pasta diet.
Potato eating Germans got fewer critical complications.

LOL, I hadn't heard that one before.

I have. I also have German friends. I know what they eat. Who invented the
pretzel?

I don't know. It seems like a German word.