Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default We are GONNA HAVE Majical Garlic Potatoes!

I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!

I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.

Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>
> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>
> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>
> John Kuthe...

I went to the mail box.

I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12
in. long. It flushed OK.

I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.

I do have some cheddar cheese.

I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 5:52:42 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

> John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> >
> > I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> >
> > Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> I went to the mail box.
>
> I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12
> in. long. It flushed OK.
>
> I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
>
> I do have some cheddar cheese.
>
> I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.

I scrubbed both commodes today.

I dusted the house then I vacuumed.

I also washed some dishes as well as getting my mail.

Plus I cleaned the litter box.

Almost forgot that I put clean sheets on the bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:59:44 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>
> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>
> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>
> John Kuthe...

And now, a recipe with pics!!

5lbs Potatoes, washed, cut into 1/4 thick slice segments
2 heads of fresh garlic, peeled, de-inner planted (that's where the bitter is) and minced
1 QT 40% cream
2tsp salt
2 tsp white or black pepper

In wide high pot to simmer 10mins:
https://i.postimg.cc/zXz2NyBH/Simmering.jpg

Then pour into wide casserole baking pan:
https://i.postimg.cc/qM1bvphb/Simmer...for-baking.jpg

Grate on Gruyere or other Swiss cheese lightly:
https://i.postimg.cc/DyKkdn7y/Grated-Gruyere-Sw-iss.jpg

Preheat oven to 425F, bake at 425F for 10 mins then REDUCE HEAT TO 350F for 1/2 hour or so or until:
https://i.postimg.cc/fRkH31Yw/Finished.jpg

Let cool, enjoy!!

I've got that pan in the oven still. I'm gonna pull it out, clean up the pan edges and cover with aluminum foil and place in large refrigerator!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Culinary Student/Teacher For Life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>
>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>
>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> I went to the mail box.
>
> I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12 in.
> long. It flushed OK.
>
> I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
>
> I do have some cheddar cheese.
>
> I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.

That's a nice turd!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:59:44 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>
>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>
>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> And now, a recipe with pics!!
>
> 5lbs Potatoes, washed, cut into 1/4 thick slice segments
> 2 heads of fresh garlic, peeled, de-inner planted (that's where the bitter is) and minced
> 1 QT 40% cream
> 2tsp salt
> 2 tsp white or black pepper
>
> In wide high pot to simmer 10mins:
> https://i.postimg.cc/zXz2NyBH/Simmering.jpg
>
> Then pour into wide casserole baking pan:
> https://i.postimg.cc/qM1bvphb/Simmer...for-baking.jpg
>

> Grate on Gruyere or other Swiss cheese lightly:
> https://i.postimg.cc/DyKkdn7y/Grated-Gruyere-Sw-iss.jpg
>
> Preheat oven to 425F, bake at 425F for 10 mins then REDUCE HEAT TO 350F for 1/2 hour or so or until:
> https://i.postimg.cc/fRkH31Yw/Finished.jpg
>
> Let cool, enjoy!!
>
> I've got that pan in the oven still. I'm gonna pull it out, clean up the pan edges and cover with aluminum foil and place in large refrigerator!
>
> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Culinary Student/Teacher For Life

Is that oven baking that uneven or is it the photo?

Very "magical"!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> >> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> >>
> >> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> >>
> >> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >>

> > I went to the mail box.
> >
> > I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12 in.
> > long. It flushed OK.
> >
> > I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
> >
> > I do have some cheddar cheese.
> >
> > I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.
> >

> That's a nice turd!

There's a QT of 40% CREAM in that 'turd'! And two HEADS of garlic!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>>
>>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>>
>>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> I went to the mail box.
>>
>> I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12
>> in. long. It flushed OK.
>>
>> I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
>>
>> I do have some cheddar cheese.
>>
>> I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.
>>

> That's a nice turd!

I had chiles rellenos last night !!!!!
And refried beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was afraid it would stop up the toilet, but it flushed down fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:58:08 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:59:44 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> >>
> >> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> >>
> >> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> > And now, a recipe with pics!!
> >
> > 5lbs Potatoes, washed, cut into 1/4 thick slice segments
> > 2 heads of fresh garlic, peeled, de-inner planted (that's where the bitter is) and minced
> > 1 QT 40% cream
> > 2tsp salt
> > 2 tsp white or black pepper
> >
> > In wide high pot to simmer 10mins:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/zXz2NyBH/Simmering.jpg
> >
> > Then pour into wide casserole baking pan:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/qM1bvphb/Simmer...for-baking.jpg
> >

> > Grate on Gruyere or other Swiss cheese lightly:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/DyKkdn7y/Grated-Gruyere-Sw-iss.jpg
> >
> > Preheat oven to 425F, bake at 425F for 10 mins then REDUCE HEAT TO 350F for 1/2 hour or so or until:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/fRkH31Yw/Finished.jpg
> >
> > Let cool, enjoy!!
> >
> > I've got that pan in the oven still. I'm gonna pull it out, clean up the pan edges and cover with aluminum foil and place in large refrigerator!
> >
> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Culinary Student/Teacher For Life

> Is that oven baking that uneven or is it the photo?
>
> Very "magical"!!!

The new electric oven is baking just fine.

The term "Majical" was used by STL food critic Joe Pollack 30 years ago for christening Chef Andy Ayres' preparation of a classic French dish Garlic Potatoes. But Andy felt the Gruyere Cheese was "Gilding The Lily" so he didn't put any on. As a fan of Gilded Lilies I do!

And NO you can't have any!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> I went to the mail box.
>>>
>>> I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12 in.
>>> long. It flushed OK.
>>>
>>> I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
>>>
>>> I do have some cheddar cheese.
>>>
>>> I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.
>>>

>> That's a nice turd!

> There's a QT of 40% CREAM in that 'turd'! And two HEADS of garlic!
>
> John Kuthe...

Hahahaha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> I went to the mail box.
>>>
>>> I ate some oatmeal. Then I defecated. About 2.5 in diameter by 12 in.
>>> long. It flushed OK.
>>>
>>> I don't have guyer cheese, or indian princesses prancing around.
>>>
>>> I do have some cheddar cheese.
>>>
>>> I gotta go now and do some sexy ripping on da peloton.
>>>

>> That's a nice turd!

> There's a QT of 40% CREAM in that 'turd'! And two HEADS of garlic!
>
> John Kuthe...

Learn to follow a thread, expert. I wasn't replying to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 23:22:38 -0500, Alex > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>>>>
>>> That's a nice turd!

>> There's a QT of 40% CREAM in that 'turd'! And two HEADS of garlic!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Learn to follow a thread, expert. I wasn't replying to you.

You have to admit that's extremely rare. Obsession's a bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> Learn to follow a thread, expert. I wasn't replying to you.

Hey dipshit! Then you POST to Usenet, YOU are replying to EVERYONE who reads Usenet Newsgroups! DUH!!! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>
> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>
> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>
> John Kuthe...

Way too much garlic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 10:08:52 AM UTC-10, jay wrote:
> On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> >
> > I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> >
> > Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Way too much garlic.

If the Koreans have taught us anything, it is that there's no such thing as too much garlic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>
> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>
> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>
> John Kuthe...

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lith...ronment-impact
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
> On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>
>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>
>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Way too much garlic.

He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special. It's
not. Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese. Nothing new about
cheese in mashed potatoes, either. There's nothing special or magical
about anything he does. Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
enough, maybe he can convince himself.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/19 9:50 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
>> On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>>
>>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>>
>>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Way too much garlic.

> He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special.Â* It's
> not.Â* Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese.Â* Nothing new about
> cheese in mashed potatoes, either.Â* There's nothing special or magical
> about anything he does.Â* Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
> enough, maybe he can convince himself.
>
> Jill

but..but..but these are "Majical" garlic potatoes... whatever that is.
He most likely he smoked some crackers and then couldn't spell magical.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:50:38 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
>> On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>>
>>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>>
>>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Way too much garlic.

>He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special. It's
>not. Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese. Nothing new about
>cheese in mashed potatoes, either. There's nothing special or magical
>about anything he does. Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
>enough, maybe he can convince himself.

Tell him. He's here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 11:50 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
>> On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
>>>
>>> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
>>>
>>> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Way too much garlic.

> He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special.Â* It's
> not.Â* Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese.Â* Nothing new about
> cheese in mashed potatoes, either.Â* There's nothing special or magical
> about anything he does.Â* Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
> enough, maybe he can convince himself.
>
> Jill

I just don't know. My mother made them but it was always lower case.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:50:38 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Way too much garlic.

>> He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special. It's
>> not. Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese. Nothing new about
>> cheese in mashed potatoes, either. There's nothing special or magical
>> about anything he does. Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
>> enough, maybe he can convince himself.

> Tell him. He's here.

They tell his caretaker (yoose, fruce)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 10:50:45 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
> > On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> >>
> >> I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> >>
> >> Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >>

> > Way too much garlic.

> He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special. It's
> not. Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese. Nothing new about
> cheese in mashed potatoes, either. There's nothing special or magical
> about anything he does. Of course if he shouts about it in CAPS often
> enough, maybe he can convince himself.
>
> Jill

You will not think so if you tasted them!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> Learn to follow a thread, expert. I wasn't replying to you.

> Hey dipshit! Then you POST to Usenet, YOU are replying to EVERYONE who reads Usenet Newsgroups! DUH!!! ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Posting, yes. Replying, no. Learn the difference, asshole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/15/2019 3:08 PM, jay wrote:
> > On 12/14/19 11:59 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I just got the cream, potatoes and garlic!
> > >
> > > I HAVE the Gruyere Cheese! And White Pepper.
> > >
> > > Now, to MAKE! :-) Maybe after lunch!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> > >

> > Way too much garlic.

> He acts as if garlic mashed potatoes is something new and special.
> It's not. Gruyere is just another type of Swiss cheese. Nothing new
> about cheese in mashed potatoes, either. There's nothing special or
> magical about anything he does. Of course if he shouts about it in
> CAPS often enough, maybe he can convince himself.
>
> Jill

Grin, but seriously, he may have never made them before. There a LOT
of things I've never made and found were very simple once I tried. A
basic milk sauce starting with a roux is a recent one for me. That
might sound silly to others, but if you add up my mother struggled to
do more than boil a block of veggies leaving me and the kids to be self
taught, then you get the odd gaps.

Fortunately no one here laughed at me too hard at me figuring out how
easy it is at my age a few months ago. After all, my cookery isn't
even faintly french derived and doesn't use gravy often.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 6:43:27 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 10:22:46 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> >> Learn to follow a thread, expert. I wasn't replying to you.

> > Hey dipshit! Then you POST to Usenet, YOU are replying to EVERYONE who reads Usenet Newsgroups! DUH!!! ;-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Posting, yes. Replying, no. Learn the difference, asshole.

A Reply to a Usenet Post IS a Usenet Post, DUH!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:54:37 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 6:43:27 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>> > Hey dipshit! Then you POST to Usenet, YOU are replying to EVERYONE who reads Usenet Newsgroups! DUH!!! ;-)
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> Posting, yes. Replying, no. Learn the difference, asshole.

>A Reply to a Usenet Post IS a Usenet Post, DUH!

Alex thinks that when you reply to a Usenet post, only the person
you're replying to is allowed to read it or comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 6:43:27 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> Hey dipshit! Then you POST to Usenet, YOU are replying to EVERYONE who reads Usenet Newsgroups! DUH!!! ;-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Posting, yes. Replying, no. Learn the difference, asshole.

> A Reply to a Usenet Post IS a Usenet Post, DUH!
>
> John Kuthe...

Lame spin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:54:37 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> Posting, yes. Replying, no. Learn the difference, asshole.

>> A Reply to a Usenet Post IS a Usenet Post, DUH!

> Alex thinks that when you reply to a Usenet post, only the person
> you're replying to is allowed to read it or comment.

No. The moron replied as if I was posting to/about him. He thinks
everything is about him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 19:41:57 -0500, Alex > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:54:37 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> A Reply to a Usenet Post IS a Usenet Post, DUH!

>> Alex thinks that when you reply to a Usenet post, only the person
>> you're replying to is allowed to read it or comment.

>No. The moron replied as if I was posting to/about him. He thinks
>everything is about him.

Well, almost all your posts are about him.