Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight -911

A large (all)homemade 16" pizza.

Made the dough:
2-3 cups flour
one package of yeast
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
3 TBS olive oil
1 cup water

Kneeded that then let rise. Then pressed out large into a
16" diameter pizza pan.

Sauce: 1 can tomato sauce
2 tsp dried oregano
3 tsp dried basil
4 cloves fresh garlic, smashed and minced
Heated up, stirred then cooled to let all flavors blend.

Sauce (not quite all of it) spread on dough. Brushed out to
the very edges too so no plain crust.

At this point I had planned to put 1/2 the cheese on the sauce
before adding toppings but I forgot to thaw it so....

Then added toppings:
- 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
- equal volume of sliced onions
It's quite a bit of toppings.
All of that right out to the edges too.

Then I added the mozz cheeze (8oz) on top of it all.

Covered with plastic wrap and now letting it rise again for a bit
before cooking at 425F for about 20 minutes. Almost time to turn
on oven and finish it.

This giant pizza will yield 2 meals and 4 snacks. Something like
that.

(A little while longer): It's in the oven now and smelling nice
here. 6 more minutes or so. yummo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:55:31 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>A large (all)homemade 16" pizza.
>
>Made the dough:
> 2-3 cups flour
> one package of yeast
> 1 TBS sugar
> 1 tsp salt
> 3 TBS olive oil
> 1 cup water
>
>Kneeded that then let rise. Then pressed out large into a
>16" diameter pizza pan.
>
>Sauce: 1 can tomato sauce
> 2 tsp dried oregano
> 3 tsp dried basil
> 4 cloves fresh garlic, smashed and minced
>Heated up, stirred then cooled to let all flavors blend.
>
>Sauce (not quite all of it) spread on dough. Brushed out to
>the very edges too so no plain crust.
>
>At this point I had planned to put 1/2 the cheese on the sauce
>before adding toppings but I forgot to thaw it so....
>
>Then added toppings:
> - 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
> - equal volume of sliced onions
>It's quite a bit of toppings.
>All of that right out to the edges too.
>
>Then I added the mozz cheeze (8oz) on top of it all.
>
>Covered with plastic wrap and now letting it rise again for a bit
>before cooking at 425F for about 20 minutes. Almost time to turn
>on oven and finish it.
>
>This giant pizza will yield 2 meals and 4 snacks. Something like
>that.
>
>(A little while longer): It's in the oven now and smelling nice
>here. 6 more minutes or so. yummo

I hardly ever make pizza, with my good dough I'd much rather calzone;
ricota, mozz, pepperoni, salami, saw-seege, 'shrooms. etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

[...]

=====

Sounds great))) I make mine very similar to that Not done so for a
wee while so time I started again)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 1:55:20 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> A large (all)homemade 16" pizza.
>
> Made the dough:
> 2-3 cups flour
> one package of yeast
> 1 TBS sugar
> 1 tsp salt
> 3 TBS olive oil
> 1 cup water
>
> Kneeded that then let rise. Then pressed out large into a
> 16" diameter pizza pan.
>
> Sauce: 1 can tomato sauce
> 2 tsp dried oregano
> 3 tsp dried basil
> 4 cloves fresh garlic, smashed and minced
> Heated up, stirred then cooled to let all flavors blend.
>
> Sauce (not quite all of it) spread on dough. Brushed out to
> the very edges too so no plain crust.
>
> At this point I had planned to put 1/2 the cheese on the sauce
> before adding toppings but I forgot to thaw it so....
>
> Then added toppings:
> - 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
> - equal volume of sliced onions
> It's quite a bit of toppings.
> All of that right out to the edges too.
>
> Then I added the mozz cheeze (8oz) on top of it all.
>
> Covered with plastic wrap and now letting it rise again for a bit
> before cooking at 425F for about 20 minutes. Almost time to turn
> on oven and finish it.
>
> This giant pizza will yield 2 meals and 4 snacks. Something like
> that.
>
> (A little while longer): It's in the oven now and smelling nice
> here. 6 more minutes or so. yummo

I've been thinking of doing pizza soon. It's been a month or two.
IIRC 12 ounces of flour (a little over two cups) gives us four servings.
But we're considerably lighter on cheese and toppings.

I divide the dough into fourths and freeze two of them. The remaining
two are stretched into oblongs so they'll both fit on the pizza stone
(or the back of a 12x18 sheet pan) and each of us decorates one pizza
to suit. A month or so later I defrost the reserved dough and we have
pizza again.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 1:55:20 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> A large (all)homemade 16" pizza.
>>
>> Made the dough:
>> 2-3 cups flour
>> one package of yeast
>> 1 TBS sugar
>> 1 tsp salt
>> 3 TBS olive oil
>> 1 cup water
>>
>> Kneeded that then let rise. Then pressed out large into a
>> 16" diameter pizza pan.
>>
>> Sauce: 1 can tomato sauce
>> 2 tsp dried oregano
>> 3 tsp dried basil
>> 4 cloves fresh garlic, smashed and minced
>> Heated up, stirred then cooled to let all flavors blend.
>>
>> Sauce (not quite all of it) spread on dough. Brushed out to
>> the very edges too so no plain crust.
>>
>> At this point I had planned to put 1/2 the cheese on the sauce
>> before adding toppings but I forgot to thaw it so....
>>
>> Then added toppings:
>> - 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
>> - equal volume of sliced onions
>> It's quite a bit of toppings.
>> All of that right out to the edges too.
>>
>> Then I added the mozz cheeze (8oz) on top of it all.
>>
>> Covered with plastic wrap and now letting it rise again for a bit
>> before cooking at 425F for about 20 minutes. Almost time to turn
>> on oven and finish it.
>>
>> This giant pizza will yield 2 meals and 4 snacks. Something like
>> that.
>>
>> (A little while longer): It's in the oven now and smelling nice
>> here. 6 more minutes or so. yummo

>I've been thinking of doing pizza soon. It's been a month or two.
>IIRC 12 ounces of flour (a little over two cups) gives us four servings.
>But we're considerably lighter on cheese and toppings.
>
>I divide the dough into fourths and freeze two of them. The remaining
>two are stretched into oblongs so they'll both fit on the pizza stone
>(or the back of a 12x18 sheet pan) and each of us decorates one pizza
>to suit. A month or so later I defrost the reserved dough and we have
>pizza again.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I make 2-3 pizzas each week on pizza day which tends to be Thursday
although this week it was Monday. I buy dough balls from the local wood
fired pizza place, either make my own sauce (similar to Gary's but I
sautee the garlic first and use crushed tomatoes) or buy a cup from the
pizzeria. Their sauce is sweeter, has fresh basil in it. I stretch out
the dough and spread the sauce, sprinkle some grated parm on the sauce,
with a layer of mozz on top. The boys like pepperoni and sausage and
I add onions, mushrooms, olives etc to my portion. They're thin and I
bake them at 490 for 12 minutes. Anything that doesn't get eaten that
evening either goes into the freezer as snacks for later or becomes the
next day's lunch. I actually put a bunch of Monday's pizza in the
freezer and had some for lunch today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> This whole cheese on top of everything is foreign to me.

If you read carefully, I had originally planned to put 1/2
underneath the toppings.

> Especially cheese on top of fresh mushrooms and onions is a recipe
> for soggy pizza. All that moisture gets trapped under there and
> make a big puddle (or raw onions and mushrooms).

Didn't happen though. It turned out nicely.

> I've certainly never seen a pizzeria or a frozen pizza do this.

No, they always put toppings on top, hence the name.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:48:25 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:09:04 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> This whole cheese on top of everything is foreign to me.

>> If you read carefully, I had originally planned to put 1/2
>> underneath the toppings.

>But you didn't. So I read it carefully and commented correctly.
>What's your point?
>
>>> I've certainly never seen a pizzeria or a frozen pizza do this.

>> No, they always put toppings on top, hence the name.

>So when you put them underneath they're NOT toppings?

Hey Gary, didn't he killfile you? I guess he missed ya already!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:48:25 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

> >> If you read carefully, I had originally planned to put 1/2
> >> underneath the toppings.

> >But you didn't. So I read it carefully and commented correctly.
> >What's your point?

> >> No, they always put toppings on top, hence the name.

> >So when you put them underneath they're NOT toppings?

> Hey Gary, didn't he killfile you? I guess he missed ya already!

Time off with good behavior, I suppose.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 21:51:57 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:42:05 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Gary, didn't he killfile you? I guess he missed ya already!

>> Time off with good behavior, I suppose.

>I never said I killfiled you. You just wanted to impress 'Bruce'
>there. Setting your sights kinda high there Gary, eh? SHe's the
>best piece of ass you're gonna get for the rest of your life, so go
>for it.

"**** off, Gary Tourettes. I gave you a big pass since I "invited"
you here all those years ago, but you're just a little ****ant
anymore. You're dead to me." (Sqwertz)

I guess Steve talks to dead people

Dinner tonight and dinner tomorrow night (2/16/19-2/17/19) U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 29 17-02-2019 10:27 PM
Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Tonight's dinner Julie Bove Diabetic 4 24-06-2010 07:55 PM
Dinner Tonight kilikini General Cooking 5 16-12-2006 02:55 AM