Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lunch Todah

Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.

https://mandarinrestaurant.com/

I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 9:23 a.m., A Moose in Love wrote:
> Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here
> in Ontario. It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good
> Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.
>
> https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>
> I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs.
> I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

There are a couple of them down here. I don't normally bother with all
you can eat buffets, especially the cheap Chinese buffets, but Mandarin
is pretty good. They have a wide range of dishes and decent quality.
They are constantly refreshing things.

The last time we went there was about two years ago when we met up with
the son and daughter in law of an old business associate of my wife's
father. They were visiting from Australia and had been on a serious of
cruises and trips back and forth across North America and had been on
the road for close to two months. We had never met them and had no idea
what they liked and decided on Mandarin because they have such a wide
range of foods... Chinese, Thai, Japanese, roast beef, salads, fruit and
much more. The wife was thrilled because they had so much fresh fruit
and vegetables, something she had not had much of throughout the trip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:23:40 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
> It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.
>
> https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>
> I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
It'll be Greek salad, fresh bread, and olive oil.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:23:40 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
> > It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.
> >
> > https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
> >
> > I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

> I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
> It'll be Geek salad, stale bread, and old oil.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Arrghh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 06:23:37 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
>It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.

aww damn you just had to say salad huh? Now I gotta go make me a damn
salad. Thank goodness I was able to harvest some watercress the other
day.

>https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>
>I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

What exactly is their Chinese stuff? if you are in Ontario you are
just as much a north American as I am, you are just as much of an
American as I am....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/3/2019 10:10 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
>> It'll be Geek salad, stale bread, and old oil.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Arrghh!

Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

jmcquown wrote:

> On 7/3/2019 10:10 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
> >> It'll be Geek salad, stale bread, and old oil.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > Arrghh!
> >

> Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
> post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

UH, Jill, I would never "change[ing] the wording of her [Cindy's] post...

I very much respect Cindy, despite our differences I would not "spoof" her identity on this froup...

You are being accusatory towards Gary because he is calling you out on your lame schtick...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 07:08:38 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:23:40 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
>> It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.
>>
>> https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>>
>> I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

>I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.

Next time you should have it a week early, just for fun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:59:29 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/3/2019 10:10 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
>>> It'll be Geek salad, stale bread, and old oil.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Arrghh!
>>

>Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
>post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

Sheriff McBiddy's hard at work!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:59:29 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Arrghh!
>>>

>> Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
>> post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

> Sheriff McBiddy's hard at work!

Yoose sure have a hard on for Mcquown!

Popeye did too, but she turned him down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in
> Ontario.
> It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a
> great dessert selection.
>
> https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>
> I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I
> seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

Not many buffets around here any more.

I was bad. Took off for what should have been a quick trip but wasn't.
Didn't get breakfast of cottage cheese till 6:00 p.m. Had a few Whoppers
(malted milk balls) to tide me over. Almost dinner time and not hungry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:23:40 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Lunch today will be at The Mandarin. They've got many locations here in Ontario.
> It's a buffet place with many North American items. Good Salad bar, and a great dessert selection.
>
> https://mandarinrestaurant.com/
>
> I'm eating mostly North American stuff. Roast beef, chicken, ribs. I seem to have health issues when I eat their 'Chinese stuff'.

That looks like a good deal! Watch out for that Chinese stuff! I'm eating some Hawaiian stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...IlnOPfzFftFUKE

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I was bad. Took off for what should have been a quick trip but wasn't.
> Didn't get breakfast of cottage cheese till 6:00 p.m. Had a few Whoppers
> (malted milk balls) to tide me over.

Great nutrition there, candy-girl. You would have fared better
with a couple of BK Whoppers, unless you are a tightwad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >> I'm having my usual Thursday lunch out a day early this week.
> >> It'll be Geek salad, stale bread, and old oil.

> > Arrghh!

> Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
> post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

You might like to play net cop, Jill,
but you'll never be promoted to net detective.

You are correct though...GM *did* word change that
but you blamed the wrong GM. LOL :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:

> > > Arrghh!
> > >

> > Gary, you didn't actually fall for GM's changing the wording of her
> > post, did you? Hope not. Please Don't feed the TROLL.

> UH, Jill, I would never "change[ing] the wording of her [Cindy's] post...
>
> I very much respect Cindy, despite our differences I would not "spoof" her identity on this froup...
>
> You are being accusatory towards Gary because he is calling you out on your lame schtick...

Funny Jill-response though, wasn't it Greg?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I was bad. Took off for what should have been a quick trip but wasn't.
>> Didn't get breakfast of cottage cheese till 6:00 p.m. Had a few Whoppers
>> (malted milk balls) to tide me over.

> Great nutrition there, candy-girl. You would have fared better
> with a couple of BK Whoppers, unless you are a tightwad.

No Burger King where I was at and no way would I pay for a burger. The
Whoppers were 98 cents at Walmart. They got me home. Have to be careful as
I've been having low blood sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I was bad. Took off for what should have been a quick trip but
>>> wasn't.
>>> Didn't get breakfast of cottage cheese till 6:00 p.m. Had a few
>>> Whoppers
>>> (malted milk balls) to tide me over.

>> Great nutrition there, candy-girl. You would have fared better
>> with a couple of BK Whoppers, unless you are a tightwad.*

> No Burger King where I was at and no way would I pay for a burger.
> The Whoppers were 98 cents at Walmart. They got me home. Have to be
> careful as I've been having low blood sugar.

Writers often have low blood sugar. You should carry a rescue
package with some sweet candy and a bottle of sugary drink, like
diabetics do.

Make one up for the gardener too, as their profession often suffers
from the exact same maladies and sensitivities. Creative people are
just more sensitive than the rest of us.

Yoose keep on writing, even if yoose have to commandeer all the
whoppers in Washington.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Great nutrition there, candy-girl. You would have fared better
>>> with a couple of BK Whoppers, unless you are a tightwad.

>> No Burger King where I was at and no way would I pay for a burger. The
>> Whoppers were 98 cents at Walmart. They got me home. Have to be careful
>> as I've been having low blood sugar.

> Writers often have low blood sugar. You should carry a rescue package with
> some sweet candy and a bottle of sugary drink, like diabetics do.

I am diabetic. I have never carried a sugary drink nor would I. I do keep
candy in my purse but the Whoppers sounded good. So I biught them.

> Make one up for the gardener too, as their profession often suffers from
> the exact same maladies and sensitivities. Creative people are just more
> sensitive than the rest of us.

He gets low blood sugar. He knows how to handle it. He's not diabetic. We
have both wound up in the kitchen at the same time, foraging. I know someone
will make something of that. Whatever.

> Yoose keep on writing, even if yoose have to commandeer all the whoppers
> in Washington.

Um... Okay then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> No Burger King where I was at and no way would I pay for a
>>> burger. The Whoppers were 98 cents at Walmart. They got me home.
>>> Have to be careful as I've been having low blood sugar.

>> Writers often have low blood sugar. You should carry a rescue
>> package with some sweet candy and a bottle of sugary drink, like
>> diabetics do.

> I am diabetic. I have never carried a sugary drink nor would I. I do
> keep candy in my purse but the Whoppers sounded good. So I biught them.
>>
>> Make one up for the gardener too, as their profession often
>> suffers from the exact same maladies and sensitivities. Creative
>> people are just more sensitive than the rest of us.

> He gets low blood sugar. He knows how to handle it. He's not
> diabetic. We have both wound up in the kitchen at the same time,
> foraging. I know someone will make something of that. Whatever.

Why? Not uncommon for old people to get out of bed and raid the
refrigerator.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Writers often have low blood sugar. You should carry a rescue package
>>> with some sweet candy and a bottle of sugary drink, like diabetics do.

>> I am diabetic. I have never carried a sugary drink nor would I. I do keep
>> candy in my purse but the Whoppers sounded good. So I biught them.
>>>
>>> Make one up for the gardener too, as their profession often suffers from
>>> the exact same maladies and sensitivities. Creative people are just more
>>> sensitive than the rest of us.

>> He gets low blood sugar. He knows how to handle it. He's not diabetic. We
>> have both wound up in the kitchen at the same time, foraging. I know
>> someone will make something of that. Whatever.
>>>

> Why? Not uncommon for old people to get out of bed and raid the
> refrigerator.

We didn't get out of bed for food and he's not old.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I am diabetic. I have never carried a sugary drink nor would I. I
>>> do keep candy in my purse but the Whoppers sounded good. So I
>>> biught them.

>>> He gets low blood sugar. He knows how to handle it. He's not
>>> diabetic. We have both wound up in the kitchen at the same time,
>>> foraging. I know someone will make something of that. Whatever.
>>>>

>> Why? Not uncommon for old people to get out of bed and raid the
>> refrigerator.

> We didn't get out of bed for food and he's not old.

Yoose just stayed in bed? He brought yoose chow I guess.

Good for yoose! It's OK to be screwing a young man, just be careful
to make sure they are not minors.