Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-05-12 11:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/12/2019 11:30 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> She is daddy's little princess++. And she dares to pick on Julie.
>>> lol
>>>

>> Excuse me? I'm not the one who claimed to be a Princess. Look back at
>> Julie's history and see where she declares herself to be one. Living over
>> a ballet studio and having delusions of grandeur doesn't count.

> Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit. Then
> there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
> stereotype.

That's a bunch of hooey Dave. Sure, most dancers are slim. Not all are.
We've been through this before, many times.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/12/2019 8:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Excuse me? I'm not the one who claimed to be a Princess. Look back at
>>> Julie's history and see where she declares herself to be one. Living
>>> over a ballet studio and having delusions of grandeur doesn't count.

>> Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit.
>> Then there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
>> stereotype.
>>

> The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers. Ballet dancers
> do tend to be slender and fit. Male or female, it's rigorous work and
> burns off a lot of calories. I've never seen a fat professional ballet
> dancer.

That's because you haven't looked very far. BTW. most dancers, ballet or
otherwise are not professionals.

Here are a couple of pics. There are plenty more.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...ram4=846947504

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...ram4=846947504

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-05-12 8:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/12/2019 8:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit.
>>> Then there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
>>> stereotype.
>>>

>> The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers. Ballet dancers
>> do tend to be slender and fit. Male or female, it's rigorous work and
>> burns off a lot of calories. I've never seen a fat professional ballet
>> dancer.

> If you had seen Julie and her daughter's pictures you would have to
> question if either had ever been that fit.

Bullshit Dave.

Me age 8. Yes, a dance pic.

https://s6.photobucket.com/user/juli...vpimn.jpg.html

Same recital. Me in the middle.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/julie...ia/a1.jpg.html

Me on Halloween. No, I did not usually wear that makeup but I did wear that
dress and gloves a lot. This was the time period where I was teaching mainly
disco.

https://s6.photobucket.com/user/juli...ulie2.jpg.html

Now bug off Dave and go steam something with Jill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/12/2019 11:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Maybe because no one but you ever eat anything that you cook?
>>>

>> That's a blatant falsehood. I live alone but you don't actually know who
>> I cook for or who I have cooked for.
>>
>> Jill

> OMG, you have a life outside of RFC and have not given us all the details?
> You interact with real people? Oh, I get it, you tell us you live alone
> but are really sharing with student living.

She lives with Kuthe!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" > wrote in message
> Gary wrote:
>
>> GM wrote:

>> > "Dinner @ The Club"...???

>> I would like to hear more about that one. For years, Jill was
>> forced to spend and eat $1,000 per year at the Club. If not, she
>> had to pay the difference anyway.
>>
>> Now she claims she got out of that. I'd like to hear how she
>> supposedly pulled that off.
>>
>> Tell us a story, Jill.

> "Gary and Greg pull out rfc lawn chairs and get the popcorn ready..."
>
> <chuckle>

Squeeeeeeee!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 5/12/2019 11:21 AM, Gary wrote:
>> > I know Yan Can Cook but not sure yet about Jill.
>> > Just very limited things so far as I've seen.
>> >

>> Limited to what?

> Brussel sprouts, sea scallops, butternut squash. Those seem to be
> your "trinity" of meals.

Agree. She did make the salmon patties though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:22:40 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Which Princess++ refuses to try because "pea soup looks like
>> > vomit."

>> I won't try pea soup because it smells like vomit.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

It's yummy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> I won't try pea soup because it smells like vomit.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

> No, YOU find it disgusting.

And I find HER disgusting!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Tell Gary that there are no bones in Big Macs... it's 100% Mystery
>>>Meat... likely not even meat, more at mystery compost. I seriously
>>>doubt that Gary has ever eaten real beef.
>>>I only once bought a golden arches burger for 19¢. took one taste,
>>>spit it out and tossed the rest in the trash... never did it again.
>>>Nowadays I can buy top round at $3.99 /lb, USDA Choice, trim and grind
>>>it myself... 1/4 pounders at at about $1 each... but no mystery meat,
>>>I know exactly what/who is in it. We prefer 12 oz burgers.
>>>Unfortunately just like there are no more Jewish delis there are no
>>>more Jewish bakeries either, or I'd prefer my burger on a real onion
>>>roll. There are no more real Kaiser rolls either, now they are all
>>>machine made and not at all crusty, they are like a McDs burger bun,
>>>mushy soft and tasteless, and undersized. A real Kaiser roll could
>>>easily accomodate a 12 ounce burger. A real Kaiser roll could easily
>>>accomodate a Double DD burger.

>>You forgot to say schmear or schlepp.

>A schmear refers to cream cheese... schlepp is to carry.

Yes.

==

I know what 'schmear' means but didn't know 'schlepp' )

The things you learn here

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>You forgot to say schmear or schlepp.

>>A schmear refers to cream cheese... schlepp is to carry.

>Yes.
>
>==
>
> I know what 'schmear' means but didn't know 'schlepp' )
>
> The things you learn here

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote in message

Well, Jill, Damsel may have been trying to be original, or she didn't have a
ham bone handy.
It is never greasy, on its own, and ham flavors it well. I do not like
lumps in it, though, and
always use a stick blender to smooth it out.

As to regular peas on their own, I really dislike them, and pick them out of
any Stouffer's frozen
meals I eat.

N.

==

I still miss Damsel!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote
> > The one and only recipe I recall Bruce posting was for canned mackerel
> > patties.

> That's because he has been eating at MY house!

Julie wants you, Bruce. heheh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> I still miss Damsel!

I really miss our recently departed Cheri. She was cool.
I hope her family is dealing with her loss ok.

She must have known that something was seriously wrong.
She last posted at around 10pm the night before her operation.
Just normal posting as always.
Next day she was dead so maybe died on the operating table?
ARRGHHH! WTH?

Anyone closer to her know the details?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:

> >>I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

> > No, YOU find it disgusting.

> And I find HER disgusting!

I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
posting it all. That said:

Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
Joan thinks it's disgusting.

My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Meanwhile, if I choose to steam veggies it's somehow an
> abomination. Go figure.

Steaming veggies is fine. Microwaving veggies with a lid is also
an equally good way to do it.

You went wrong when you admitted to steaming a thick steak on the
stovetop with a lid rather then finishing it off in an oven.

You tried to recover your comment by saying the lid had vents.
Still steaming, Jill. Fail!@
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers. Ballet dancers
> do tend to be slender and fit. Male or female, it's rigorous work and
> burns off a lot of calories. I've never seen a fat professional ballet
> dancer.

Evil bitch. I'm picturing you now in kitchen reaching for a knife
with an evil grimmace on your face. You sent us that pic. No
doubt, your ex husband took that pic.

Kids in dance class is just an activity and a good exercise. Not
necessarily wanting or expecting to be a professional dancer.
Quit showing your dark side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 10:10:20 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "

> > > No, YOU find it disgusting.

> > And I find HER disgusting!

> I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
> posting it all. That said:
>
> Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
> Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
> Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
> Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>
> My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

If we don't like it, why should we cook it?

I've hated it all my life, no matter who makes it.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
> I still miss Damsel!

I really miss our recently departed Cheri. She was cool.
I hope her family is dealing with her loss ok.

She must have known that something was seriously wrong.
She last posted at around 10pm the night before her operation.
Just normal posting as always.
Next day she was dead so maybe died on the operating table?
ARRGHHH! WTH?

Anyone closer to her know the details?

====

Yes, I agree! Cheri was a dear friend to me and I miss her dreadfully.
I still have a nice photo of her I keep on my desktop.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 21:02:28 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

snip

>I'm not trying to push salmon patties on anyone. Like them, don't like
>them. All I did was post about what I made for dinner and how I made
>them. Terribly sorry it was about *food* and *cooking*. I've got no
>idea why it led to a discussionabout whether or not I steam or lightly
>salt anything. Note: I didn't steam the salmon patties. LOL Might as
>well complain about the oil I use to pan fry them. Or pan frying, for
>that matter. Heh.
>
>Jill

Nice try getting the group back on food. :-(
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gary's Split Pea Soup copy (WAS: Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties)

On Sun, 12 May 2019 17:34:09 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/12/2019 1:22 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Which Princess++ refuses to try because "pea soup looks like
>>> vomit."

>> I won't try pea soup because it smells like vomit.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>He's still miffed because I didn't try his recipe for split pea soup.
>What he doesn't know is I saved the recipe. Want it? Here it is, as he
>posted it in 2014 and is admittedly not *his* recipe:
>
>"This recipe comes from an old "Fresh Market" cookbook.
>
>Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potato (or Butternut Squash)
>================================================= ====================
>1 16oz package of dried green split peas
>9 cups water
>3 bay leaves
>1 tsp. salt
>
>Simmer these, covered, in a soup pot for about 2 hours until peas
>have cooked down to a smooth consistancy. Remove the bay leaves.
>**note - you don't have to pre-soak the peas**
>Prepare the following:
>
>3 T. vegetable oil
>1 1/2 cups chopped onion
>1 clove garlic, minced
>1 cup carrot, chopped
>1 cup celery, chopped
>4 medium sweet potatoes (or 1 medium butternut squash),
> ...peeled and cut into 1/4" - 1/2" cubes
>1 tsp. salt (or leave this out if you prefer)
>2 tsp. dried mustard
>1 tsp. thyme
>1 tsp. tarragon
>
>In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the oil.
>When the onions are tender, add all the remaining vegetables
>and spices. Saute for 4-5 minutes, then add 1 cup of water
>and let simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender.
>
>Add the vegetables to the cooked peas and simmer for 30 minutes,
>stirring often.
>
>After serving, add a little salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
>================================================= ====================
>You can eat this right away or let it sit awhile (or overnight) and
>it will thicken more. (I never wait!!!)
>This recipe makes about a gallon of soup. What we don't eat
>in 2 or 3 days, I freeze in serving-size containers.
>
>Here's the nutritional info for the total batch using sweet potatoes.
>Slightly less calories if you use the butternut squash instead.
> Fat: 43 grams
> Carbohydrates: 435 grams
> Protein: 124 grams
>
> Total calories: 2,121 (18% fat calories)
>
>(remember that info is for the whole gallon, not individual servings)"
>
>FWIW, I do think split pea soup looks like vomit. Peas (unless they're
>very fresh, small peas) aren't my favourite legume. I love lentil soup,
>though!
>
>Having said that, who is he to criticize? He just posted about making
>broccoli cheese soup (in appetizer servings, whatever that means) using
>Lipton Noodle Soup mix. He's quite the gourmet! LOL
>
>Jill
>Jill

Pea soup is a simple dish. My mental taste buds rebel at adding such
a huge amount of sweet potato to a pleasant soup.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 1:04:43 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

Fourteen (14), count 'em folks, FOURTEEN replies in 11 hours to the same
thread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 9:10:20 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
> Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
> Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
> Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>
> My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

My opinion is your opinion doesn't hold water, or pea soup for that matter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 May 2019 10:10:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "

>> > No, YOU find it disgusting.

>> And I find HER disgusting!

>I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
>posting it all. That said:
>
>Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
>Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
>Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
>Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>
>My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

I think so too. Good pea soup is very good IMO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 May 2019 15:49:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Gary" wrote in message ...
>
>Ophelia wrote:
>> I still miss Damsel!

>I really miss our recently departed Cheri. She was cool.
>I hope her family is dealing with her loss ok.
>
>She must have known that something was seriously wrong.
>She last posted at around 10pm the night before her operation.
>Just normal posting as always.
>Next day she was dead so maybe died on the operating table?
>ARRGHHH! WTH?
>
>Anyone closer to her know the details?
>
>====
>
> Yes, I agree! Cheri was a dear friend to me and I miss her dreadfully.
>I still have a nice photo of her I keep on my desktop.

I always liked to disagree with her. That wasn't always mutual though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Gary" wrote in message ...
>
>Ophelia wrote:
>> I still miss Damsel!

>I really miss our recently departed Cheri. She was cool.
>I hope her family is dealing with her loss ok.
>
>She must have known that something was seriously wrong.
>She last posted at around 10pm the night before her operation.
>Just normal posting as always.
>Next day she was dead so maybe died on the operating table?
>ARRGHHH! WTH?
>
>Anyone closer to her know the details?
>
>====
>
> Yes, I agree! Cheri was a dear friend to me and I miss her dreadfully.
>I still have a nice photo of her I keep on my desktop.

I always liked to disagree with her. That wasn't always mutual though

==

)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 13 May 2019 10:10:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "

>> > No, YOU find it disgusting.

>> And I find HER disgusting!

>I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
>posting it all. That said:
>
>Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
>Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
>Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
>Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>
>My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

I think so too. Good pea soup is very good IMO.

------

I've never had pea soup, so I don't know!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> I've never had salmon loaf. I have made a nice large stuffed sea shell
> pasta (baked) dish that was stuffed using drained (bones removed) canned
> salmon. Flaked with a fork and combined with cottage cheese, egg. I
> don't recall the exact details. I baked it with a dill cream sauce
> spooned on top. It was very tasty!

I don't remove the bones from canned salmon. They have the taste and
texture of macadamia nuts with none of the expense.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Bruce
> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

> No, YOU find it disgusting.

YOU find land based meat disgusting and beat a drum. See any hypocrisy
there?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:35:56 AM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, jmcquown
> > wrote:
>
> > I've never had salmon loaf. I have made a nice large stuffed sea shell
> > pasta (baked) dish that was stuffed using drained (bones removed) canned
> > salmon. Flaked with a fork and combined with cottage cheese, egg. I
> > don't recall the exact details. I baked it with a dill cream sauce
> > spooned on top. It was very tasty!

> I don't remove the bones from canned salmon. They have the taste and
> texture of macadamia nuts with none of the expense.
>
> leo

It was quite a big surprise to me, when I was a kid, to find big bones in a can of salmon. That seemed kind of nutty to me. These days I don't worry about bones in a can - mostly because I don't ever eat canned salmon.

I do have some salmon in the freezer. I'll probably just drop that in a baggie with some miso paste, sugar, shoyu, sake, maybe a little ginger. It'll be pan fried after sitting in the marinade for a few days. It will be great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 May 2019 15:15:33 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, Bruce
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

>> No, YOU find it disgusting.

>YOU find land based meat disgusting

No, I don't. I love it. I just don't eat it.

>and beat a drum. See any hypocrisy there?

No, sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 May 2019 14:35:52 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:
>
>> I've never had salmon loaf. I have made a nice large stuffed sea shell
>> pasta (baked) dish that was stuffed using drained (bones removed) canned
>> salmon. Flaked with a fork and combined with cottage cheese, egg. I
>> don't recall the exact details. I baked it with a dill cream sauce
>> spooned on top. It was very tasty!

>I don't remove the bones from canned salmon. They have the taste and
>texture of macadamia nuts with none of the expense.

I'll have macadamia nuts over salmon bones any time.

--
Bruce (from the macadamia center of the world)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "

>> > No, YOU find it disgusting.

>> And I find HER disgusting!

> I'm not even going to attempt to crop this one so sorry for
> posting it all. That said:
>
> Idiot Jill has no clue to what I cook other than pea soup.
> Jill thinks pea soup looks like vomit and won't try it.
> That's a princess thing. Daddy's little spoiled girl.
> Cindy thinks it smells like vomit.
> Joan thinks it's disgusting.
>
> My opinion...none of these girls knows how to cook pea soup. lol

Apparently they don't. Mine neither looks nor smells like vomit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote
>> > The one and only recipe I recall Bruce posting was for canned mackerel
>> > patties.

>> That's because he has been eating at MY house!

> Julie wants you, Bruce. heheh

No, no. I need him!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>> I still miss Damsel!

> I really miss our recently departed Cheri. She was cool.
> I hope her family is dealing with her loss ok.
>
> She must have known that something was seriously wrong.
> She last posted at around 10pm the night before her operation.
> Just normal posting as always.
> Next day she was dead so maybe died on the operating table?
> ARRGHHH! WTH?
>
> Anyone closer to her know the details?

Wait! She had TWO operations? I know she got home from one but died (I
think) a few weeks later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers. Ballet dancers
>> do tend to be slender and fit. Male or female, it's rigorous work and
>> burns off a lot of calories. I've never seen a fat professional ballet
>> dancer.

> Evil bitch. I'm picturing you now in kitchen reaching for a knife
> with an evil grimmace on your face. You sent us that pic. No
> doubt, your ex husband took that pic.
>
> Kids in dance class is just an activity and a good exercise. Not
> necessarily wanting or expecting to be a professional dancer.
> Quit showing your dark side.

Exactly. I don't know what percentage of dancers go professional.
Personally, I only know 5. One I only know from online. Another was a
Rockette some years back. One was on a TV show, 2 have worked with Justin
Timberlake and another for Kayne. All have additional jobs. Most do teach
dance. One now works for a bank and one opened a coffee shop.

Dance careers in general do not pay well. If you are lucky enough to work
for a band/singer then it's usually just for one tour or one video. Most
dance teachers also have second jobs. There are a select few such as Mikhail
Baryshnikov or Twyla Tharp that managed to make a life long career out of it
and are well known. Most professional dancers are not even well known.

And don't forget, Jill tried ballet and dropped out. What does that tell
you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> But isn't *that* why her husband left her...???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>>That's probably one of the reason Ju-Ju's husband left her and her
>>constant
>>whining about what she does and does like and her 10,000 failures in the
>>kitchen. He probably also got tired of hearing "that's not available
>>here,
>>nobody in the state eats that, restaurants here don't serve that."

> How low can you sink, Joan.

She a.reedy lives in the gutter.