Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flat bed microwave

I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?

No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
goes around

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:21:06 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
>
>No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
>goes around

Is that like a flat bed Chevy?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
>
> No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
> goes around

Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?

I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with microwaves is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move the food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.

I'll keep my peepers open for information.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
>
> No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
> goes around

Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?

Lol nooo I just love it all

I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with microwaves
is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move the
food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.

Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did you
know it was a Panasonic)

I'll keep my peepers open for information.

It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly use
it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2019 5:50 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> I bought one recently and I love it!!!Â* Does anyone else here have one?
>>
>> No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
>> goes around

> Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
>
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Lol nooo I just love it all
>
> I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
> microwaves is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity
> without creating dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around
> that is to move the food around in order to average out the exposure to
> the waves. How did Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
>
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Well I sure don't move anything aroundÂ* Hey, how did
> you know it was a Panasonic)
>
> I'll keep my peepers open for information.

The one we had used a paddle rotating under the floor. It caused the
radiation to move around instead of the food. Worked well enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
> >
> > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
> > goes around

> Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
>
> Lol nooo I just love it all
>
> I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with microwaves
> is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
> dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move the
> food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
> Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
>
> Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did you
> know it was a Panasonic)
>
> I'll keep my peepers open for information.
>
> It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly use
> it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.

As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem with microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to move about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly directional nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology possible but it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research this, thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 2:51:43 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/13/2019 5:50 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >> I bought one recently and I love it!!!Â* Does anyone else here have one?
> >>
> >> No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as it
> >> goes around

> > Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
> >
> > Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Lol nooo I just love it all
> >
> > I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
> > microwaves is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity
> > without creating dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around
> > that is to move the food around in order to average out the exposure to
> > the waves. How did Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
> >
> > Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Well I sure don't move anything aroundÂ* Hey, how did
> > you know it was a Panasonic)
> >
> > I'll keep my peepers open for information.

> The one we had used a paddle rotating under the floor. It caused the
> radiation to move around instead of the food. Worked well enough.

I believe that all microwave ovens have these paddles to dissipate the microwaves. Typically, they are located on the top or the side and resembles a fan blade. My guess that a disco type ball design would probably work great..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
> >
> > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
> > it
> > goes around

> Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
>
> Lol nooo I just love it all
>
> I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with microwaves
> is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
> dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move the
> food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
> Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
>
> Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
> you
> know it was a Panasonic)
>
> I'll keep my peepers open for information.
>
> It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly use
> it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.

As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem with
microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to move
about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly directional
nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology possible but
it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research this, thanks.

==

Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of the
dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My microwave won't pop popcorn worth a shit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2019 5:06 PM, wrote:
> My microwave won't pop popcorn worth a shit.

Try your toaster. Just fill each slot about half way. Should work,
what could go wrong?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
>> >
>> > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
>> > it
>> > goes around

>> Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
>>
>> Lol nooo I just love it all
>>
>> I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
>> microwaves
>> is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
>> dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move
>> the
>> food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
>> Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
>>
>> Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
>> you
>> know it was a Panasonic)
>>
>> I'll keep my peepers open for information.
>>
>> It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly
>> use
>> it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

> It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
> tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.
>
> As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem
> with microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to
> move about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly
> directional nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology
> possible but it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research
> this, thanks.
>
> ==
>
> Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of
> the dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

The bottom of the dish should always get hot. That's how you know the food
is heated through.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 3/14/2019 5:06 PM, wrote:
>> My microwave won't pop popcorn worth a shit.
>>

> Try your toaster. Just fill each slot about half way. Should work, what
> could go wrong?

Hehehe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2019 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> I bought one recently and I love it!!!Â* Does anyone else here have one?
>
> No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
> it goes around

LOLOL It's funny you should say that. The microwave I had in my
apartment before I moved here had a turntable and that flippin' round
plate!. I recall posting here that I didn't like it. Everyone told me
there should be a way to turn it off. There wasn't. Then it was
suggested I just remove the glass plate. Sure, I could do that but I
couldn't remove the built-in carousel that turned the plate or shut it
off. PITA when it came to using a rectangular pan or something slightly
larger than the round plate, arrgh!

I love having a flat bottom microwave. Mine is very old, though.
Enjoy your new one without the turntable. I mean really, how difficult
is it to turn a dish in the microwave?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2019 5:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/14/2019 5:06 PM, wrote:
>> My microwave won't pop popcorn worth a shit.
>>

> Try your toaster.Â* Just fill each slot about half way.Â* Should work,
> what could go wrong?

LOL! Or a toaster oven.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
>> >
>> > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
>> > it
>> > goes around

>> Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
>>
>> Lol nooo I just love it all
>>
>> I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
>> microwaves
>> is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
>> dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move
>> the
>> food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
>> Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
>>
>> Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
>> you
>> know it was a Panasonic)
>>
>> I'll keep my peepers open for information.
>>
>> It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly
>> use
>> it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

> It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
> tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.
>
> As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem
> with microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to
> move about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly
> directional nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology
> possible but it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research
> this, thanks.
>
> ==
>
> Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of
> the dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

The bottom of the dish should always get hot. That's how you know the food
is heated through.

==

Yes but I would have thought all the food in a microwave would be mostly the
same.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:34:41 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have one?
> > >
> > > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
> > > it
> > > goes around

> > Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
> >
> > Lol nooo I just love it all
> >
> > I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with microwaves
> > is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
> > dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move the
> > food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
> > Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
> >
> > Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
> > you
> > know it was a Panasonic)
> >
> > I'll keep my peepers open for information.
> >
> > It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly use
> > it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

> It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
> tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.
>
> As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem with
> microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to move
> about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly directional
> nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology possible but
> it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research this, thanks..
>
> ==
>
> Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of the
> dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

Near as I can tell the microwave generator is located on the bottom of the unit. Most standard ovens will have the magnetron on the top. Why on the bottom? I don't know. It seems so counter-intuitive. Moving the microwave source closer to the food with no rotation would seem to invite hot and cold spots. I need a book on microwave oven theory.

Did you know that most ovens with turntables will rotate the food 6 times per minute?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:34:41 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:21:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > I bought one recently and I love it!!! Does anyone else here have
> > > one?
> > >
> > > No more messing with that flippin' plate and making sure things fit as
> > > it
> > > goes around

> > Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
> >
> > Lol nooo I just love it all
> >
> > I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
> > microwaves
> > is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
> > dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move
> > the
> > food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
> > Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
> >
> > Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
> > you
> > know it was a Panasonic)
> >
> > I'll keep my peepers open for information.
> >
> > It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly
> > use
> > it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

> It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
> tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.
>
> As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem
> with
> microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to move
> about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly directional
> nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology possible
> but
> it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research this, thanks.
>
> ==
>
> Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of
> the
> dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

Near as I can tell the microwave generator is located on the bottom of the
unit. Most standard ovens will have the magnetron on the top. Why on the
bottom? I don't know. It seems so counter-intuitive. Moving the microwave
source closer to the food with no rotation would seem to invite hot and cold
spots. I need a book on microwave oven theory.

Did you know that most ovens with turntables will rotate the food 6 times
per minute?

==

Well I didn't, but I have only ever had ovens with turntables. My last one
died so I went looking for a new one and spotted this one.

When I first got it I did a search, but I can't find it now. It pictured
the microwaves like this'
__ __ __
|_| |_| |_| |

If that makes any sense!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

> [...]

> Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of
> the
> dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

Near as I can tell the microwave generator is located on the bottom of the
unit. Most standard ovens will have the magnetron on the top. Why on the
bottom? I don't know. It seems so counter-intuitive. Moving the microwave
source closer to the food with no rotation would seem to invite hot and cold
spots. I need a book on microwave oven theory.

Did you know that most ovens with turntables will rotate the food 6 times
per minute?

==

Well I didn't, but I have only ever had ovens with turntables. My last one
died so I went looking for a new one and spotted this one.

When I first got it I did a search, but I can't find it now. It pictured

lol when I look at it, it is all wrong, but when I reply it is right

Well it goes Down/across/up/across/down/across ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 2:40:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:34:41 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:50:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Boy you get a lot of gadgets! Are you running a test kitchen?
> > >
> > > Lol nooo I just love it all
> > >
> > > I'll have to do some research on that product. The problem with
> > > microwaves
> > > is getting the radiation to move around the oven cavity without creating
> > > dead spots and standing waves. The simplest way around that is to move
> > > the
> > > food around in order to average out the exposure to the waves. How did
> > > Panasonic solve that problem? Beats me.
> > >
> > > Well I sure don't move anything around Hey, how did
> > > you
> > > know it was a Panasonic)
> > >
> > > I'll keep my peepers open for information.
> > >
> > > It is a regular oven and grill too, but I hardly
> > > use
> > > it for that. I hope you do get one and we can compare notes)

> > It was presumptuous of me to say Panasonic - that was just a slip of my
> > tongue. I associate the brand with microwave oven technology.
> >
> > As it goes, I was not aware of this type of microwave oven. The problem
> > with
> > microwaves is that they travel in straight lines and getting them to move
> > about evenly in a oven has always been a problem. The highly directional
> > nature of microwave propagation is what makes radar technology possible
> > but
> > it's not so good in microwave ovens. Anyway, I will research this, thanks.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Please report back Just so you know, it works fine but the bottom of
> > the
> > dish sometimes gets hot. Is that the food or the bottom of the dish?

> Near as I can tell the microwave generator is located on the bottom of the
> unit. Most standard ovens will have the magnetron on the top. Why on the
> bottom? I don't know. It seems so counter-intuitive. Moving the microwave
> source closer to the food with no rotation would seem to invite hot and cold
> spots. I need a book on microwave oven theory.
>
> Did you know that most ovens with turntables will rotate the food 6 times
> per minute?
>
> ==
>
> Well I didn't, but I have only ever had ovens with turntables. My last one
> died so I went looking for a new one and spotted this one.
>
> When I first got it I did a search, but I can't find it now. It pictured
> the microwaves like this'
> __ __ __
> |_| |_| |_| |
>
> If that makes any sense!

It does make sense. That looks like the square wave output of the magnetron, which generates the microwaves. A magnetron works exactly like a flute except instead of air, a stream of electrons are used to excite an enclosed chamber and instead of sound, the output is electromagnetic radiation with a frequency of 2.45 GHz. That would be around a D on the music scale - a really high D!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

> [...]

> per minute?
>
> ==
>
> Well I didn't, but I have only ever had ovens with turntables. My last
> one
> died so I went looking for a new one and spotted this one.
>
> When I first got it I did a search, but I can't find it now. It
> pictured
> the microwaves like this'
> __ __ __
> |_| |_| |_| |
>
> If that makes any sense!

It does make sense. That looks like the square wave output of the magnetron,
which generates the microwaves. A magnetron works exactly like a flute
except instead of air, a stream of electrons are used to excite an enclosed
chamber and instead of sound, the output is electromagnetic radiation with a
frequency of 2.45 GHz. That would be around a D on the music scale - a

Heh I tried to make it more clear but I see you understood)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

> [...]

> per minute?
>
> ==
>
> Well I didn't, but I have only ever had ovens with turntables. My last
> one
> died so I went looking for a new one and spotted this one.
>
> When I first got it I did a search, but I can't find it now. It
> pictured
> the microwaves like this'
> __ __ __
>
> If that makes any sense!

It does make sense. That looks like the square wave output of the magnetron,
which generates the microwaves. A magnetron works exactly like a flute
except instead of air, a stream of electrons are used to excite an enclosed
chamber and instead of sound, the output is electromagnetic radiation with a
frequency of 2.45 GHz. That would be around a D on the music scale - a

-=====

I've been meaning to ask, how is that different to a microwave with a
turntable.