Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Score !

Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
, and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
, sirloin tips were $2.97Â* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:17:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

> * Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>, and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>, sirloin tips were $2.97* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> * Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>, and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>, sirloin tips were $2.97* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

well that sounds really good... like your chicken breasts did you mean
like 1.28 a pound or kilo depending on where you live? And do you have
like one of those big deep freezers?

Well in any case I just hope all that cholesterol does not give you a
heart attack...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 10:17 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
> , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* ,

If that is choice grade, it is less than half price. Ribeye here is
running $8 to $9 a pound for the cryo pack.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 9:43 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:17:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>> , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>> chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>> get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>> years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>> all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>> went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>> eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>> ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>> ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>> bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

> well that sounds really good... like your chicken breasts did you mean
> like 1.28 a pound or kilo depending on where you live? And do you have
> like one of those big deep freezers?
>
> Well in any case I just hope all that cholesterol does not give you a
> heart attack...
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Â* All per pound , and don't you worry about my cholesterol , we trim
most of the fat and most of the rest cooks out on the grillÂ* . Yes we
have a big freezer , and yes I keep it pretty full - and locked . Buying
in bulk and breaking it down and repackaging for 2 people saves us a
bunch of money .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 10:17 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
> , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
> chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
> get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
> years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
> all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
> went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
> eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
> ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
> ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
> bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

Nice score! I personally don't shop at places where I have to buy a
whole rib roast to get a good price. I have been known to buy a
standing rib roast and cut it into steaks at home. This is why I prefer
the bone-in variety, rather than having the bones cut off and tied back
on. I used the ribs as a cutting guide. You get the ribeye, the strip
and some nice meaty bones for roasting.

I'm not familiar with KC strip. I bought a NY strip steak the last time
I was shopping for beef. I like a good steak with a baked potato from
time to time. Can't say the price was all that great but sometimes I
like to treat myself.

Lately I've been buying chuck eye steaks (aka delmonico) which are a cut
off the rib and are just as tender as ribeyes but cost a lot less. I
had a hard time finding them at the grocery store for many years. No
doubt the price will go up now that I've been buying them. LOL

Any sirloin I've ever bought was tough and required marinating or long
braising. Good thing you got new choppers!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 10:35:59 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 3/7/2019 9:43 AM, wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:17:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> * Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>>> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>>> , sirloin tips were $2.97* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>>> chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>>> get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>>> years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>>> all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>>> went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>>> eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>>> ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>>> ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>>> bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

>> well that sounds really good... like your chicken breasts did you mean
>> like 1.28 a pound or kilo depending on where you live? And do you have
>> like one of those big deep freezers?
>>
>> Well in any case I just hope all that cholesterol does not give you a
>> heart attack...
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> * All per pound , and don't you worry about my cholesterol , we trim
>most of the fat and most of the rest cooks out on the grill* . Yes we
>have a big freezer , and yes I keep it pretty full - and locked . Buying
>in bulk and breaking it down and repackaging for 2 people saves us a
>bunch of money .

Wow that does seem amazing, chicken breast at 1.28 per pound... the
cheapest I have seen it was on sale at Albertans for like a buck forty
something

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> * Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>, and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>, sirloin tips were $2.97* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

Good prices on the steaks. Congrats.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 10:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/7/2019 10:17 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â*Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and
>> tomorrow , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC
>> strips were $3.48 , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* ,

> If that is choice grade, it is less than half price.Â* Ribeye here is
> running $8 to $9 a pound for the cryo pack.

Â* I saw no grade stamp , but it's all nicely marbled and has most of
the fat cap removed . The last time I asked I was told that the meat
they get in for these sales is all choice Angus though it's not
advertised as such . The yield of 1" steaks from that 10 lb strip was 16
nice steaks , 8 meals for the 2 of us at 5 bucks per . Can't get a steak
dinner anywhere I know of for less than 12 bucks a person ... and those
steaks are almost always smaller than the 10 oz average we got on this
piece .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 11:35 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 3/7/2019 9:43 AM, wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:17:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Â*Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>>> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>>> , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>>> chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>>> get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>>> years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>>> all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>>> went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>>> eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>>> ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>>> ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>>> bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

>> well that sounds really good... like your chicken breasts did you mean
>> like 1.28 a pound or kilo depending on where you live? And do you have
>> like one of those big deep freezers?
>>
>> Well in any case I just hope all that cholesterol does not give you a
>> heart attack...
>>

> Â* All per pound , and don't you worry about my cholesterol , we trim
> most of the fat and most of the rest cooks out on the grillÂ* . Yes we
> have a big freezer , and yes I keep it pretty full - and locked . Buying
> in bulk and breaking it down and repackaging for 2 people saves us a
> bunch of money .

Pssst, Terry! It's an attempt to start touting veganism again. Or
gluten free.

I'm not worried about cholesterol or fat (or gluten). My cholesterol
levels check out just fine according to my doctor.

I have a small upright freezer filled with things the vegan would hate.
Steaks, a chuck roast, ground beef, oxtails, lamb shanks, chicken,
swordfish steaks, cod fillets, patagonian scallops...

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 3/7/2019 9:43 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:17:20 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and tomorrow
>> , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC strips were $3.48
>> , sirloin tips were $2.97 , and a couple of bags of individually frozen
>> chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the whole KC strip or ribeye to
>> get those prices and I ended up spending over $125 but that's like a
>> years supply of steaks and a few months of the rest . I had the steaks
>> all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip I'll cut up myself , and the chicken
>> went straight to the freezer . I just looked , we're going to have to
>> eat more steaks , I still have 4 packages of KC strips and one of
>> ribeyes left from last year . Gotta love that vacuum sealer ! The
>> ribeyes will be consumed tonight for dinner and I'm going to savor every
>> bite . I just got some new teeth and I can chew again ...

> well that sounds really good... like your chicken breasts did you mean
> like 1.28 a pound or kilo depending on where you live? And do you have
> like one of those big deep freezers?
>
> Well in any case I just hope all that cholesterol does not give you a
> heart attack...
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

All per pound , and don't you worry about my cholesterol , we trim
most of the fat and most of the rest cooks out on the grill . Yes we
have a big freezer , and yes I keep it pretty full - and locked . Buying
in bulk and breaking it down and repackaging for 2 people saves us a
bunch of money .

Snag

--

That is what I do)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 10:39 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/7/2019 10:17 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â*Â* Our local chain is having their Massive Meat Sale today and
>> tomorrow , and of course I stocked up . Ribeyes were $3.97 , KC
>> strips were $3.48 , sirloin tips were $2.97Â* , and a couple of bags
>> of individually frozen chicken breasts at 1.28 . Ya gotta buy the
>> whole KC strip or ribeye to get those prices and I ended up spending
>> over $125 but that's like a years supply of steaks and a few months
>> of the rest . I had the steaks all sliced at 1" , the sirloin tip
>> I'll cut up myself , and the chicken went straight to the freezer . I
>> just looked , we're going to have to eat more steaks , I still have 4
>> packages of KC strips and one of ribeyes left from last year . Gotta
>> love that vacuum sealer ! The ribeyes will be consumed tonight for
>> dinner and I'm going to savor every bite . I just got some new teeth
>> and I can chew again ...
>>

> Nice score!Â* I personally don't shop at places where I have to buy a
> whole rib roast to get a good price.Â* I have been known to buy a
> standing rib roast and cut it into steaks at home.Â* This is why I
> prefer the bone-in variety, rather than having the bones cut off and
> tied back on.Â* I used the ribs as a cutting guide.Â* You get the
> ribeye, the strip and some nice meaty bones for roasting.

Â* This is an annual thing , and since I almost always buy big and
repackage it works out well for us .

> I'm not familiar with KC strip.Â* I bought a NY strip steak the last
> time I was shopping for beef.Â* I like a good steak with a baked potato
> from time to time.Â* Can't say the price was all that great but
> sometimes I like to treat myself.

Â* KCS and NYS are the same cut , just depends on which side of The Big
Muddy you're on ...

> Lately I've been buying chuck eye steaks (aka delmonico) which are a
> cut off the rib and are just as tender as ribeyes but cost a lot
> less.Â* I had a hard time finding them at the grocery store for many
> years.Â* No doubt the price will go up now that I've been buying them. LOL
>
> Any sirloin I've ever bought was tough and required marinating or long
> braising.Â* Good thing you got new choppers!
>
> Jill

Â* I always cook roasts slow , whether in the oven or the slow cooker .
Part of the one I bought today will be sliced up for stew/fajita/stir
fry meat before it's frozen . I still have 4 or 5 nice small roasts in
the freezer from the last sale .Â* I already had a ham (shank) defrosting
when my wife brought the meat sale to my attention . So the ham will
wait until tomorrow and tonight we're having steaks .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-07 11:50 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

> I'm not worried about cholesterol or fat (or gluten).Â* My cholesterol
> levels check out just fine according to my doctor.

My cholesterol level was fine 8 years ago, but it turned out that I had
an almost complete blockage in my left main coronary artery.
Just saying...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 1:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-07 11:50 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I'm not worried about cholesterol or fat (or gluten).Â* My cholesterol
>> levels check out just fine according to my doctor.

> My cholesterol level was fine 8 years ago, but it turned out that I had
> an almost complete blockage in my left main coronary artery.
> Just saying...

Yes, we all know about your heart problems. If I'm going to have a
heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-07 2:55 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/7/2019 1:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> My cholesterol level was fine 8 years ago, but it turned out that I
>> had an almost complete blockage in my left main coronary artery.
>> Just saying...

> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.Â* If I'm going to have a
> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
levels were fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:50:38 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-03-07 2:55 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/7/2019 1:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> My cholesterol level was fine 8 years ago, but it turned out that I
>>> had an almost complete blockage in my left main coronary artery.
>>> Just saying...

>> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.* If I'm going to have a
>> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

>It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
>cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
>brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
>thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
>levels were fine.

I thought two factors were important here. Cholesterol and blood
pressure. Either can cause serious problems.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 4:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-07 2:55 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/7/2019 1:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> My cholesterol level was fine 8 years ago, but it turned out that I
>>> had an almost complete blockage in my left main coronary artery.
>>> Just saying...

>> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.Â* If I'm going to have a
>> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

> It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
> cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
> brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
> thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
> levels were fine.

Okay, how about this. If I have a heart attack it likely won't be due
to cholesterol or eating meat. It was the troll who is trying to
trounce eating meat... again. I'm still not worried about gluten,
either.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 18:13:21 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/7/2019 4:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.* If I'm going to have a
>>> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

>> It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
>> cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
>> brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
>> thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
>> levels were fine.

>Okay, how about this. If I have a heart attack it likely won't be due
>to cholesterol or eating meat. It was the troll who is trying to
>trounce eating meat... again. I'm still not worried about gluten,
>either.
>
>Jill

Wow you call me a troll and you call me a vegan I am neither, I eat
meant but I also enjoy tofu, or a good salad, but then again I will
tear into a delicious steak....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 5:05 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:50:38 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.Â* If I'm going to have a
>>> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

>> It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
>> cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
>> brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
>> thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
>> levels were fine.

> I thought two factors were important here. Cholesterol and blood
> pressure. Either can cause serious problems.

Much more to it than those two items. My wife has good cholesterol and
blood pressure but has had plenty of other heart problems for the past
18 years and many procedures.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 3/7/2019 4:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Yes, we all know about your heart problems.* If I'm going to have a
>>> heart attack it probably won't be because I eat the occasional steak.

>> It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
>> cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
>> brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
>> thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
>> levels were fine.

>Okay, how about this. If I have a heart attack it likely won't be due
>to cholesterol or eating meat. It was the troll who is trying to
>trounce eating meat... again.

Huh? Silly biddy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 21:10:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/7/2019 5:05 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:50:38 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> It is not about my heart problem. It's about the fact that my
>>> cholesterol level was fine. It was well within the accepted level. My
>>> brother's level was also fine when he had a heart attack. We both
>>> thought that he had nothing to worry about because our cholesterol
>>> levels were fine.

>> I thought two factors were important here. Cholesterol and blood
>> pressure. Either can cause serious problems.
>>

>Much more to it than those two items. My wife has good cholesterol and
>blood pressure but has had plenty of other heart problems for the past
>18 years and many procedures.

But that leaves congenital problems, rather than lifestyle factors,
doesn't it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 18:13:21 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>Okay, how about this. If I have a heart attack it likely won't be due
>>>to cholesterol or eating meat. It was the troll who is trying to
>>>trounce eating meat... again. I'm still not worried about gluten,
>>>either.
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Wow you call me a troll and you call me a vegan I am neither, I eat
>>meant but I also enjoy tofu, or a good salad, but then again I will
>>tear into a delicious steak....

>I think the meat thing was a stab at me. I don't know why because I
>didn't say anything about meat in this thread. She's getting on...

Either way it does not matter, there is nothing at all with a person
being vegetarian or vegan. In fact it is a much much healthier way to
live. I have often considered it, having finally figured out how to
make tofu and soy milk, but I like bacon and sausage and steak and
sesame chicken and general tso's chicken way too much to ever give it
up.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/8/2019 12:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 21:10:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 3/7/2019 5:05 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:50:38 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> I thought two factors were important here. Cholesterol and blood
>>> pressure. Either can cause serious problems.
>>>

>> Much more to it than those two items. My wife has good cholesterol and
>> blood pressure but has had plenty of other heart problems for the past
>> 18 years and many procedures.

> But that leaves congenital problems, rather than lifestyle factors,
> doesn't it?

Yes, and no matter how good your lifestyle, congenital problems can
still get you. Lifestyle can make them worse, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 09:23:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/8/2019 12:25 AM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Much more to it than those two items. My wife has good cholesterol and
>>> blood pressure but has had plenty of other heart problems for the past
>>> 18 years and many procedures.

>> But that leaves congenital problems, rather than lifestyle factors,
>> doesn't it?
>>

>Yes, and no matter how good your lifestyle, congenital problems can
>still get you. Lifestyle can make them worse, of course.

Yes, people with healthy lifestyles can get health problems too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/8/2019 3:06 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 09:23:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> But that leaves congenital problems, rather than lifestyle factors,
>>> doesn't it?
>>>

>> Yes, and no matter how good your lifestyle, congenital problems can
>> still get you. Lifestyle can make them worse, of course.

> Yes, people with healthy lifestyles can get health problems too.

Just read this morning. Lotte van der Zee, a 20 year old skier and
former Miss Universe, died from a heart attack.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-08 1:27 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Just read this morning.Â* Lotte van der Zee, a 20 year old skier and
> former Miss Universe, died from a heart attack.

Recently, the twenty-something yr-old grandson of the couple who live
across the road from me was holidaying in Spain in celebration before
starting a residency program to become an orthopaedic surgeon at
Harvard. He went out for a run and died of a heart attack.

SCO goat meat notbob General Cooking 0 09-12-2017 09:46 PM
SCORE - Cheap meat and shrimp George L General Cooking 0 05-02-2012 05:41 PM
Score at the meat counter!! Kent[_5_] General Cooking 1 21-04-2011 07:03 PM
Score at the meat counter!! Dora General Cooking 0 18-04-2011 06:28 PM