Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hello I am new to this group, I have been a regular on usenet foryears but first time here... My first post.. a great recipe inside... no spam

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:21:57 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "cshenk" wrote in message:
>> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> lol that works too)

>Their US version is way too sweet now. Frenchs is better...or
>even the generic brands. L&P does make a very tasty steak sauce
>though or was it a bbq sauce?

You tell us what Lea & Perrins Traditional Steak Sauce really is:

"Distilled Vinegar, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), High Fructose
Corn Syrup, Raisin Paste, Molasses, Salt, Orange Marmalade Base
(Orange, Grapefruit and Lemon Juices), Onion (Fresh and Dried), Dried
Apple, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Tamarind, Anchovies, Garlic (Fresh and
Dried), Spices, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy and Corn Protein,
Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate Added for Freshness, Natural
Flavors, Shallots."

I'd call it "Kitchen Sink & Leftovers From A Science Project" sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>One skill you haven't mastered yet: writing. Reread that sentence and
>>>cry.

>>guess you have not really heard of spell check either.. And I am sorry
>>if I have a freaking Band-Aid on my pointy finger at the tip that
>>causes many typos and many crazy spell checker errors. Wow you people
>>are NUTS!!!!

>I wasn't talking about typos.
>
>>let me redo the sentence for those that are crying because they can
>>not understand that I am a human and I am not perfect

>Hey, you're making progress!

sarcasm my friend....

I am by far the most perfect fun loving gorgeous person....
in my house :P

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ---
>
> Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

Nobody in the US can figure out how to handle Welsh words. OTOH, I would be
funny as heck if it was called
"Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch sauce."

==

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 11:47:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

> Nobody in the US can figure out how to handle Welsh words. OTOH, I would be
> funny as heck if it was called
> "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch sauce."
>
> ==
>
> lol

Wales, it seems, has discombobulated the English too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnl3N1RQedE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >, cshenk
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

> Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
>
> leo

Umm, humm. Not sure how the English say it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "cshenk" wrote in message:
> > I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > lol that works too)

> Their US version is way too sweet now. Frenchs is better...or
> even the generic brands. L&P does make a very tasty steak sauce
> though or was it a bbq sauce?

They make both types. I seem to note some 10 versions at least under
the brand name.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >, cshenk
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

> Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
>
> leo

Umm, humm. Not sure how the English say it!

==

Lee!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 11:47:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:41:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Ok you got me with that one. Explain please?

> Nobody in the US can figure out how to handle Welsh words. OTOH, I would
> be
> funny as heck if it was called
> "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch sauce."
>
> ==
>
> lol

Wales, it seems, has discombobulated the English too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnl3N1RQedE

==

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
> > In article >, cshenk
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

> > Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
> >
> > leo

> Umm, humm. Not sure how the English say it!
>
> ==
>
> Lee!

Oh good! I get a pass then as that's how I do it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 16:59:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "cshenk" wrote in message
>>
>> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

>> > Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
>> >
>> > leo

>> Umm, humm. Not sure how the English say it!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Lee!

>Oh good! I get a pass then as that's how I do it!

Round 2: how does one pronounce "sea"? Round 3: "pea". Round 4: "tea".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
> > In article >, cshenk
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm gonna try to get by with Lea and Perrins!

> > Sure. But is the first word pronounced lee or lay?
> >
> > leo

> Umm, humm. Not sure how the English say it!
>
> ==
>
> Lee!

Oh good! I get a pass then as that's how I do it!

==

LOL I am not saying the whole of the UK but it is certainly the way I and
those I know, say it)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 10:09:25 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

> >> Lee!

> >Oh good! I get a pass then as that's how I do it!

> Round 2: how does one pronounce "sea"? Round 3: "pea". Round 4: "tea".

In the run-up the the War of 1812 (or the "American War of 1812" as
the Brits call it because they were rather busier with Napoleon at the
time) the British navy was in the habit of stopping vessels flying the
US flag to search for British sailors who had deserted to the US navy.
One of the "tests" used to distinguish between Left- and
Right-pondians was to show a quantity of dried (I suppose, fresh being
hard to find in the middle of the Atlantic most times of the year)
peas. (And there's your food reference.) One group would call them
"pees" and the other "pays". I forget which was the "British"
pronunciation at the time but those who used it were arrested and
taken ("impressed" they called it in those days) into the British
navy. (I have in mind a Drunk History sketch in which a cheeky tar
says "I 'aint impressed, guv" and the officer in charge says "Oh yes
you are.")

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats