Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple cake

I have a great scratch apple cake recipe, but the apples are diced. I think that is what I would have done
with your mix, although if you liked them sliced, that is what counts. ;-)). I also would have added some
spices to enhance the apples...cinnamon, ginger, allspice, a little nutmeg, and a teensy bit of cloves...
not to bury the apple flavor, but to bring it out. Good idea, though, to start with the mix. My usual use of
a yellow cake mix is pineapple upside down cake, replacing half the water with pineapple juice. I always
use well-drained crushed pineapple because it is easier to cut into serving pieces. Now, I want to make
one. ;-))

N.

Apple in apple cake Gayle Hodur[_2_] General Cooking 33 09-03-2012 04:24 AM
And another Apple cake Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 3 22-10-2010 06:48 PM
Apple Cake Marian Allen Recipes (moderated) 0 30-09-2007 08:56 PM
Apple Cake Tim Recipes 0 11-07-2005 10:17 AM
Raw Apple Cake II Wayne General Cooking 0 25-09-2004 05:16 PM