FoodBanter.com

-   -   Apple cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/445910-apple-cake.html)

Nancy2[_2_] 18-02-2019 03:32 PM

Apple cake

I have a great scratch apple cake recipe, but the apples are diced. I think that is what I would have done
with your mix, although if you liked them sliced, that is what counts. ;-)). I also would have added some
spices to enhance the apples...cinnamon, ginger, allspice, a little nutmeg, and a teensy bit of cloves...
not to bury the apple flavor, but to bring it out. Good idea, though, to start with the mix. My usual use of
a yellow cake mix is pineapple upside down cake, replacing half the water with pineapple juice. I always
use well-drained crushed pineapple because it is easier to cut into serving pieces. Now, I want to make
one. ;-))

N.