Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default And another Apple cake

Got this one many years ago here when I was just a lurker.

Haven't made it in a long time. Perhaps this weekend.

I like how the crust of the cake is kind of crunchy.

Apple Cake
Recipe By: Mavis Rich (aka Mrs. Moosemeat)
1 1/2 cups Wesson oil
2 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup chopped walnuts
Beat oil and sugar, add eggs, vanilla, beat again. Sift flour, soda,
cinnamon and salt, add to batter. Add apples and walnuts, mix well.
Bake 1&1/2 hours at 350 degrees in an Angel food tube pan or a Bundt
pan. (Mavis uses 3 medium sized loaf pans for 1 hour) Test with a
toothpick to see if they're done. Let cool for 20 or 30 minutes and
remove from pan
Note: Do not grease pans; spray with Pam or other non stick stuff.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I make an apple cake almost exactly like yours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hit send too soon, sorry.

My apple cake is like yours.

For a glaze topping I cook 4 or 5 cups of apple cider down to maybe a
cup worth and then brush/drizzle it on the top and sides. It makes for
an amazingly flavored topping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Got this one many years ago here when I was just a lurker.
>

> Apple Cake
> Recipe By: Mavis Rich (aka Mrs. Moosemeat)

Wow, that name brought back old memories.

And, looking at the recipe, I think I'd sub applesauce for 1/2 the oil.

gloria p