Old 16-02-2019, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 13:32:16 -0600, "cshenk" wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called
more high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them.
Haven't noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian
vegetable.

Cindy Hamilton

Umm, might you be interpreting lack of salt as 'sweet' there? Neither
has sugar added at all.

Campbell's Soup, Tomato:
"water, tomato puree (water, tomato paste), sugar, bleached enriched
flour (wheat flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate,
riboflavin, folic acid), wheat flour, contains less than 1% of: dried
dairy blend (whey, calcium caseinate), salt, modified food starch,
butter (milk), vegetable oil (corn, cottonseed, canola and/or
soybean), citric acid, flavoring and ascorbic acid (added to help
retain color)."

Sugar is the 3rd ingredient.

We should organise a Misinformation Contest. In the left corner
CSHENK, in the right corner SHELDON. It's gonna be close!

Old 16-02-2019, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-16 1:18 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian vegetable.

I wonder the sweetness comes from tomato paste. We reheated some
leftover pasta sauce the other day. We had just got our new fridge and
had cleaned out the freezer. There had been two half cans of tomato
paste in there and I added one of them to the sauce. It was not just a
richer tomato flavour to the sauce. It was much sweeter.

Old 16-02-2019, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage

cheese, some guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some
salad that was asst. vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and
pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of honey on top. There may
have been more things he added that I left out but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to
keep looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he

can. It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He

can stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is
everyone here all up in my business?

There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot
water heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub
type bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill
with water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a
camper friend of mine.

==

Yes, we use something similar with ours.

Works very well!

Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are
awaiting arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for
them to take with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways,
these would be things he'd add (then take with him when he moves).
Has a sort of spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump
out hot water at the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).

They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top
back of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put
together with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but
said heating some water from RV power (their level of it) was a
PITA.

BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
(grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need
much.

It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find
useful in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to
consider getting something like that going.

==

Oh I think you would enjoy) Ours has a shower inside and guess
what??? I have my kitchen lol It is supposed to be a bedroom but
... heck you know me)))

Yeah, I saw a cute rental that might be fun. I liked the type where
it has it's own truck and isn't much more than a 2 person thing. I can
work with a cube fridge and 1 burner. Off looking at some of the
mini-showers.
==

Good luck) We keep ours on a farm in Yorkshire and we go down
whenever we want Back in the day we used to travel with it, but
these days we are more then happy on the farm

btw our shower is in the same tiny (room?) with the toilet. We just
have to shut a door to close off the toilet itself and the shower is
on the wall.

Do let me know what you find and if it is good for you)

Not sure we will do more than maybe rent one! Fun idea though!
Carol

==

I am sure many people rent and so long as you enjoy it... good!

Old 16-02-2019, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy
that doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful
and freeze portions... would be a much better product and would
cost far less.

People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
opener.

Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
result.
For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.

Cindy Hamilton

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

I'm peeking over what to start for the weekend cookery and thinking of
a diced tomato based soup with dried beans and zuccini. I have some
leftover pork and rice based meatloaf that would fit in nicely. The
flavors would work well with aniseed

I have to keep it low-cal as well as our daughter is going into the
Navy but we have to trim her a little and get her better at running
and such. She was 8lbs over the limit when we made the initial visit
4 weeks ago and now shes 1.5lbs over the limit and working out every
day.

Her aim right now is 6 days a week she has 300 calories per meal, plus
200 in 'snacks'. One day a week she gets to 'cheat' with a 600
calorie meal paired to 2 300 calorie ones and 200 in snacks. It's
working fine obviously.

==

Lovely, following in your footsteps eh) I wish her good luck

And her fathers as well with the Navy! Please don't mix us with
Sheldon. We are worlds apart from him.

===

She is your daughter, not Sheldon's and I didn't for one second mix you up!

Old 16-02-2019, 08:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 20:23:01 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

[...]

Could be both their daughter. There's a lot going on in the navy.

Old 16-02-2019, 09:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2019 2:36 PM, cshenk wrote:
Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Huge difference. Sheldon was in the MAN'S Navy. Seas were rougher back
then too, the waves were at least 40 feet on a calm day.
Old 16-02-2019, 09:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[...]

You are misinformed. Campbells tomato soup doesnt contain sugar, it
contains high fructose corn syrup, as the SECOND ingredient€”right behind
tomato purée. That the equivalent of 3 teaspoons of sugar per serving.

Old 16-02-2019, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Lack of salt?! Their tomato soup contains 20% of the maximum daily value.
Their vegetarian vegetable contains over 25% of the maximum recommended
daily value. They also have added HFCS. Who needs that in soup??

Old 16-02-2019, 09:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Doesn't it say sugar as the 3rd ingredient after water and tomato
puree?
Old 16-02-2019, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-16 1:18 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called
more high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them.
Haven't noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian
vegetable.

I wonder the sweetness comes from tomato paste. We reheated some
leftover pasta sauce the other day. We had just got our new fridge
and had cleaned out the freezer. There had been two half cans of
tomato paste in there and I added one of them to the sauce. It was
not just a richer tomato flavour to the sauce. It was much sweeter.

Dunno but Bruce as usual is being an asshole. Campbells old fashioned
vegetable: No added sugar (no hiddent HFCS).

Old 16-02-2019, 10:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-16 1:18 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called
more high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them.
Haven't noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian
vegetable.

I wonder the sweetness comes from tomato paste. We reheated some
leftover pasta sauce the other day. We had just got our new fridge
and had cleaned out the freezer. There had been two half cans of
tomato paste in there and I added one of them to the sauce. It was
not just a richer tomato flavour to the sauce. It was much sweeter.

Dunno but Bruce as usual is being an asshole.

In his defense, I don't think he can help it.

Old 16-02-2019, 10:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-16 1:18 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10:44:36 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called
more high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them.
Haven't noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

Campbell's tomato soup is horribly sweet. So's the vegetarian
vegetable.

I wonder the sweetness comes from tomato paste. We reheated some
leftover pasta sauce the other day. We had just got our new fridge
and had cleaned out the freezer. There had been two half cans of
tomato paste in there and I added one of them to the sauce. It was
not just a richer tomato flavour to the sauce. It was much sweeter.

Dunno but Bruce as usual is being an asshole. Campbells old fashioned
vegetable: No added sugar (no hiddent HFCS).

You said "Neither has sugar added at all." Neither. Wrong.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

WTF? The second ingredient in Campbell's tomato is high-fructose corn
syrup. But you're right about the VV.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 16-02-2019, 11:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/16/2019 4:23 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
Bruce wrote:
[...]

Perhaps not misinformed.
Many businesses with international distribution, vary their formulas for
different countries - like Coca Cola, with HFCS in the US, but cane
sugar in Mexico. I know that there are differences in the UK and US
versions of Campbell's, and that is likely the case for Australia, too.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
[...]

I got it from he

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=FD74E9A6-18D4-11E1-8977-1231380C180E