Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On 2019-02-21 3:37 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:21:03 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On
>>>
>>> Yoose (tm by Hank) could easily use chopsticks to eat french
>>> fries.

>>> I just find it funny how humanity has progressed so far now yet
>>> some people still insist on using a pair of sticks to eat their
>>> food. Especially ppl that were not raised using them. lol

>> In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat Cheetos with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on your fingers!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJF2CRASRM

> I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> something. No utensils required.

Soylent Green.
> Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RV living: was Chef Boyardee Throwback

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_shower

>>> I bought a 5 acre lot on a lake in Washington New Hampshire, this was
>>> some 50 years ago. There was a rustic cabin on the lake and for
>>> thanksgiving I spent the time with my daughter, She loved it even
>>> though we ate turkey sandwiches. One Thanksgiving it began to snow
>>> and we could barely get up the hill from the lake... If I didn;t have
>>> the Dodge 4X4 pick up we would have been stuck there until May.
>>>

>> Popeye, did yoose hump yoose daughter at that cabin?
>>
>> I bet yoose did. Yoose the strongest man in the world.

> Popeye could have made himself a path up that hill just by breathing
> on the snow.

Or ... he could have opened up a can of spinach, then an about face, A
Fart, and blow all the ice and snow away.

He's the strongest man in the world.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:21:03 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Yoose (tm by Hank) could easily use chopsticks to eat french
>>> fries.

>>> I just find it funny how humanity has progressed so far now yet
>>> some people still insist on using a pair of sticks to eat their
>>> food. Especially ppl that were not raised using them. lol

>> In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat Cheetos with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on your fingers!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJF2CRASRM

> I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> something. No utensils required.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That's in the *far* future ... think Geo Jetson. He's talking about the
very near future ... think Buck rogers eating chetos with chopstics in 2520.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> > Yes, true 'off grid' is a bit different but they do have a little
> > solar panel on top. It feeds to a small battery that they use to
> > charge cellphones at night and a DVD player (like this:

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-Sdvd9020b-black-9-Portable-Dvd-Players-With-5-hour-Battery-black/15066091?athcpid=15066091&athpgid=athenaItemPage&a thcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020 &athguid=86ddf8e3-175-1690d181d8b35b&athena=true>

> > Anyways, their 5gal 'hot water heater' arrived today and they
> > tested it with the LP hookup then took it to the kitchen and washed
> > the dishes. They have a bracket mount for it at the back of the RV
> > to use as a shower (when rolling, it's inside someplace obviously).
> >
> > They tried to describe the arrangement over the phone and it sounded
> > both crazy and workable.
> >

> Most of the smaller campers have outside faucets so a shower can be
> taken outdoors or at least a rinse off. Free-standing private shower
> tents can also be rigged up outdoors.
> >
> > Best I can replicate: At the top of the PVC pipe arrangement is a
> > sort of '6 gallon square plastic funnel' with a shower head (and a
> > turn off toggle). Hot water is mixed with ambient temp water to
> > the right temp from another 5gal jug. He said that cold water jug
> > is perched on the roof but he didnt feel safe running a LP heater
> > that way so made a bracket for that.
> >
> > Heater at max temp, his mix of 50/50 hot and cold seems to provide a
> > suitable amount.
> >
> > See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_shower

> > It's not a 'Hollywood shower' but quite suitable when water is
> > short, and with 5G cold/ambient and 5G hot, they get plenty to wash
> > hair and such when not at a camp ground. The average 'Navy Shower'
> > is 3 gallons and they will have 5 each, or they can each take 3G
> > showers and then use the rest to wash the dishes with a single LP
> > heated water set.
> >
> > Anyways, I'm having fun watching them tell me about it!
> >

> There's lots of things they can rig up to use to save time and water
> that many of us haven't ever thought of doing. Whenever we stayed in
> campgrounds we also used their shower facilities. But out in wilds
> you have to make do.

Yup! Theirs is pretty basic so no faucet outside and now shower
inside. It fascinates me with the fun creativity.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:

> >> Don't be stupid. There is no need to eat with chopsticks at home

> or >> in a Chinese restaurant unless you want to show off your
> 'skills.'
> >

> > It's a bit more than that. Once really *used to them* you start to
> > find they are not only a bit fun, but work better for some foods.
> > Cooking utensils also change as it's FAR easier to flip some things
> > with 'cooking chopsticks' such as lumpia, rounmd sausage or spring
> > roll.
> >
> > There is no need for someone not used to them to learn how to use
> > them, but there is also no reason why someone who grew up with using
> > them to not use them at home.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > But why can someone not learn to use them if they wish??
> >
> > Sorry but this is getting ridiculous!! It amazes me just how
> > prescriptive some people are about things that are none of their
> > business!!!
> >
> > Perhaps someone can tell us what else we are and are not allowed to
> > do? It would be good to know in advance so we don't get it wrong!
> >
> > Come on Carol. You are not normally like this!

> Ophelia, I never said someone can't learn or may not enjoy it if they
> wish. I only said they do not have to. I suspect some bad chopping
> other another's comment who said it was pretentious to use them at
> all.
>
> ==
>
> Yes I noticed you responded to some idiot who said that.
>
> It amazes me why anyone thinks they have the right to dictate what
> others MUST or MUST NOT do!
>
> Arrogance beyond comprehension.
>
> I am pleased you don't agree!

It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
mis-attribution.

In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not touch
their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

> > Come on Carol. You are not normally like this!

> Ophelia, I never said someone can't learn or may not enjoy it if they
> wish. I only said they do not have to. I suspect some bad chopping
> other another's comment who said it was pretentious to use them at
> all.
>
> ==
>
> Yes I noticed you responded to some idiot who said that.
>
> It amazes me why anyone thinks they have the right to dictate what
> others MUST or MUST NOT do!
>
> Arrogance beyond comprehension.
>
> I am pleased you don't agree!

It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
mis-attribution.

In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not touch
their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.

==

Heh) did you see the posts about eating with hands? One would have to
hope the food wasn't too hot)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:03:56 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "cshenk" wrote:
> > I see no reason to not use them if they suit a purpose. I use them when
> > they fit the meal and that may or may not be an 'asian meal'.

> Yoose (tm by Hank) could easily use chopsticks to eat french
> fries.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Of course, as everyone else has the right to do too!

> I just find it funny how humanity has progressed so far now yet
> some people still insist on using a pair of sticks to eat their
> food. Especially ppl that were not raised using them. lol

In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat Cheetos
with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on your fingers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJF2CRASRM

==

Hmm I wonder if he had grown up using them ... because if not ... he'd
better not show his face around here ...;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:31:57 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:45:03 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > A pair of sticks are no more or less primitive than a fork.

>> Oh yes they are, timewise.
>> >
>> > Before the relatively recent invention of the fork, your ancestors
>> > used their fingers or stabbed their food with a knife.

>> Do you see anything wrong with that? If so, then why did they
>> (and YOU) switch to eating with twigs? the old sticks have been
>> replaced by more useful utensils now. Many primitive earthlings
>> still sit on the floor and eat with their hands. Many still eat
>> raw food like before fire and cooking was invented. All of those
>> oldest people are dead now and they all died at a very young age.
>> I see no reason to mimick their ancient ways.
>>
>> Respect our history but not try to recreate. Joan was correct,
>> imo. Using chopsticks by modern people that didn't grow up using
>> them, is just a showoff dumb thing to so unless you use them all
>> the time for every meal.
>>
>> You work with computers. Do you use an abacus for work? That's
>> the old ancient way too. Still use a slide rule? Doubtful.
>>
>> Note: I love ya, Cindy. Please don't get mad at my opposite
>> opinions.

>Some white folks will see it as an erosion of white culture and resent it.
>Some Asians will see it as cultural appropriation and resent it. As it
>goes, it's the seemingly small, unimportant things that people make a big
>deal of, ain't it?
>
>As it goes, eating a bowl of ramen or saimin with a fork just don't seem
>right to me. Eating spaghetti with chopsticks would not be right either.
>Any culturally savvy person would know this.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBIj1aw_UA

I hereby give you white permission to eat spaghetti with chopsticks.

===

I have more important things to worry about then what utensils people are
using to eat their food.

Sad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 10:22:07 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> Gary > wrote:
> > Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> says...

> >> No doubt you were raised to drink from a teat and shit in your
> >> nappy, but now you drink from a cup and crap in a toilet.
> >>
> >> Your mother might admire your progress but she's still hoping you'll
> >> grow up one day.
> >>
> >> Janet UK

> > Hi there, Janet of the UK version:
> > Your response actually makes no sense. Using chopsticks today
> > would be comparable to still pooping in diapers many years ago.
> > It worked at the time but then we learn a better way.
> >
> > Perhaps I should quit my toilet and start using adult diapers?
> > Sadly, that might end up happening but thankfully not yet.
> >

> Actually, many people in this world would argue that eating with their
> hands (yes, hands!) is the most efficient way to eat, and works better
> than
> knife and fork, or even chopstick.

Heck yeah, you're right about that. Eating with your hands puts you in
direct contact with the food you eat. Using a fork or chopstick separates
you from your food - they are the condoms of the food world.

I was at a restaurant where you ate with your hands. Afterwards, they passed
around a basin and poured water on your hands to clean them. Since we were
sitting/laying on cushions, I fell into a slumber soon afterwards but was
awakened with a splash of orange blossom water. The experience was
dreamlike.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...KsgbRu8O4qd2ja

==

I would find it hard lying around on cushions to eat) It's bad enough if
I am ill and have to eat in bed)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jinx the Minx wrote:

> Actually, many people in this world would argue that eating with their
> hands (yes, hands!) is the most efficient way to eat, and works better than
> knife and fork, or even chopstick.

And many people still do just that.

Case in point: To eat a fried chicken drumstick.
- I use my hands.
- Chopsticks would be a fail.
- Even using knife and fork would be so wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote a memorable classic:

> chopsticks: they are the condoms of the food world.

What a great quote, you said!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote:
> Jinx the Minx wrote:
>>
>> Actually, many people in this world would argue that eating with their
>> hands (yes, hands!) is the most efficient way to eat, and works better than
>> knife and fork, or even chopstick.

> And many people still do just that.
>
> Case in point: To eat a fried chicken drumstick.
> - I use my hands.
> - Chopsticks would be a fail.
> - Even using knife and fork would be so wrong.

I wasnt talking of drumsticks and burgers, but of curries, et cetera,
wherein one would think forks and spoons would be the €œbest€ utensil. You
should try it sometime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" wrote in message ...

Gary > wrote:
> Jinx the Minx wrote:
>>
>> Actually, many people in this world would argue that eating with their
>> hands (yes, hands!) is the most efficient way to eat, and works better
>> than
>> knife and fork, or even chopstick.

> And many people still do just that.
>
> Case in point: To eat a fried chicken drumstick.
> - I use my hands.
> - Chopsticks would be a fail.
> - Even using knife and fork would be so wrong.

I wasnt talking of drumsticks and burgers, but of curries, et cetera,
wherein one would think forks and spoons would be the €œbest€ utensil. You
should try it sometime.

==

Yes, I have seen it in India.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/21/2019 3:37 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:21:03 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat Cheetos with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on your fingers!
>>

> I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> something. No utensils required.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 3:50:44 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/21/2019 3:37 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:21:03 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat Cheetos with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on your fingers!
> >>

> > I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> > something. No utensils required.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
>
> Jill

Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back then but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 3:50:44 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/21/2019 3:37 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:21:03 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> In the future, everyone will eat with chopsticks. It's trendy to eat
> >> Cheetos with chopsticks. Why? So you don't get all that orange crap on
> >> your fingers!
> >>

> > I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> > something. No utensils required.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
>
> Jill

Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just
pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back then
but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw

===

Oh my, imagine one of those in your kitchen Well it wouldn't fit in mine
lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:52:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 3:50:44 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:

> > > I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> > > something. No utensils required.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
> >
> > Jill

> Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just
> pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back then
> but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw
>
> ===
>
> Oh my, imagine one of those in your kitchen Well it wouldn't fit in mine
> lol

I need a vertical storage system that can be rotated to present the stuff that I need when I need it. I got a toaster oven, and air fryer, a rotisserie, and a Vitamix, that's in need of storage and easy accessibility.

https://disruptionhub.com/disrupted-...uture-of-food/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:52:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 3:50:44 AM UTC-10, Jill McQuown wrote:

> > > I thought people in the future were going to eat food pills or
> > > something. No utensils required.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
> >
> > Jill

> Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just
> pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back
> then
> but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw
>
> ===
>
> Oh my, imagine one of those in your kitchen Well it wouldn't fit in
> mine
> lol

I need a vertical storage system that can be rotated to present the stuff
that I need when I need it. I got a toaster oven, and air fryer, a
rotisserie, and a Vitamix, that's in need of storage and easy accessibility.

https://disruptionhub.com/disrupted-...uture-of-food/

==

You are the same as me ... we need bigger kitchens

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>

> >> Come on Carol. You are not normally like this!

> > Ophelia, I never said someone can't learn or may not enjoy it if
> > they wish. I only said they do not have to. I suspect some bad
> > chopping other another's comment who said it was pretentious to use
> > them at all.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Yes I noticed you responded to some idiot who said that.
> >
> > It amazes me why anyone thinks they have the right to dictate what
> > others MUST or MUST NOT do!
> >
> > Arrogance beyond comprehension.
> >
> > I am pleased you don't agree!

> It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
> mis-attribution.
>
> In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not
> touch their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.
>
> ==
>
> Heh) did you see the posts about eating with hands? One would
> have to hope the food wasn't too hot)

No I missed that! Tell me more?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 21:24:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:52:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message

>> > Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just
>> pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back
>> then
>> but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Oh my, imagine one of those in your kitchen Well it wouldn't fit in
>> mine
>> lol

>I need a vertical storage system that can be rotated to present the stuff
>that I need when I need it. I got a toaster oven, and air fryer, a
>rotisserie, and a Vitamix, that's in need of storage and easy accessibility.
>
>https://disruptionhub.com/disrupted-...uture-of-food/
>
>==
>
>You are the same as me ... we need bigger kitchens

Actually all you need is a basement... a place to store all the
kitchen stuff you rarely use so as to free up kitchen space, (99% of
the time there're only the two of us so we don't need kitchen cabinets
packed with dishes, cups, glassware, and lots of other stuff to feed
an armada. Even though we buy lots of canned goods by the case when
on sale there's no point in stuffing them all in the kitchen when
there's lots of shelving in the basement... especially true for space
hogging paper goods. We keep the big cat litter pan in the basement
so we go down there at least twice a day, it's no biggie to remember
to bring stuff down and bring stuff up... growing up in a two story
house everyone learned quickly to never traverse the stairs in either
direction empty handed.
We have a huge attic but it's a lot more difficult to store stuff
there, firstly it's not heated, secondly to get to the attic a car
needs to pull out of the garage so the drop down stairs can be
utililized and then all needs to be reversed, so we store nothing in
the attic... only one who goes up there is the A/C service tech.
Anything we need to store that can endure freezing temps is much
easier to store in the barn or gardening shed, and we go out there
every day during winter anyway to bring water for the feral cats, they
have heated bowls.
Hardly a day goes by here that someone doesn't bitch about not enough
storage space so I don't want to hear about how basements are not
needed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/20/2019 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Angela learned to use them at about 18 months and was an expert with
> them until age four. Reason being, her best friend's mom was Thai and
> she always ate with them.

Despite a large Chinese population in Thailand, many Thai people don't
use chopsticks.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Jill McQuown wrote:

> On 2/20/2019 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > Angela learned to use them at about 18 months and was an expert with
> > them until age four. Reason being, her best friend's mom was Thai and
> > she always ate with them.

> Despite a large Chinese population in Thailand, many Thai people don't
> use chopsticks.

Correct...I've eaten Thai for 35 years now (admittedly in the US), but at Thai restos chopsticks are not "SOP"...they use western cutlery, primarily spoons and forks...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2019 4:36 PM, cshenk wrote:

>>> Ophelia, I never said someone can't learn or may not enjoy it if
>>> they wish. I only said they do not have to. I suspect some bad
>>> chopping other another's comment who said it was pretentious to use
>>> them at all.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Yes I noticed you responded to some idiot who said that.
>>>
>>> It amazes me why anyone thinks they have the right to dictate what
>>> others MUST or MUST NOT do!
>>>
>>> Arrogance beyond comprehension.
>>>
>>> I am pleased you don't agree!

>> It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
>> mis-attribution.
>>
>> In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not
>> touch their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Heh) did you see the posts about eating with hands? One would
>> have to hope the food wasn't too hot)

> No I missed that! Tell me more?

Some years bak, there was a dinner theater in Las Vegas (and I think
other places) where they had jousting going on while you ate. No
utensils, just beef ribs and such.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:20:18 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/23/2019 4:36 PM, cshenk wrote:

> >> It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
> >> mis-attribution.
> >>
> >> In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not
> >> touch their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> Heh) did you see the posts about eating with hands? One would
> >> have to hope the food wasn't too hot)

> > No I missed that! Tell me more?
> >

> Some years bak, there was a dinner theater in Las Vegas (and I think
> other places) where they had jousting going on while you ate. No
> utensils, just beef ribs and such.

I wish we had stuff like that but we don't. Next time I'm on the mainland, this will come to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKJOwyIT8NI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:25:38 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>Jill McQuown wrote:
>
>> On 2/20/2019 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > Angela learned to use them at about 18 months and was an expert with
>> > them until age four. Reason being, her best friend's mom was Thai and
>> > she always ate with them.

>> Despite a large Chinese population in Thailand, many Thai people don't
>> use chopsticks.

>Correct...I've eaten Thai for 35 years now (admittedly in the US), but at Thai restos chopsticks are not "SOP"...they use western cutlery, primarily spoons and forks...

I don't care for thigh unless it's female... 'bout the only Oriental
chow I like is NYC China Town "Chinks" (Archie Bunkerism)... and I
prefer chopsticks. For dinner tonight I ate left over take out from
the Gold Coin... as good as Chinese chow gets in the Albany area...
can't come close to Brooklyn Chinks from the '50s. Sorry but I ain't
into PC fakery, if yoose Chinese you're a Chink, Japanese you're a
Jap, Korean yoose a Gook, etal... and this Brooklynite ain't ever
never gonna change. I know all the ethnic foods better than the
ethnics... truth is most ethnicities much prefer Jewish foods... I've
yet to encounter a black person who didn't prefer a potato k'nish, to
chitlings... actually black people despise soul food.... go to
Nathan's Coney Island any evening and see what black people gorge on,
and sho nuff ain't warty melon... much more likely Schaeffer brewskie
and cherrystones... and tube steak by the MILLIONS. I got news for
yoose, black peeps do not eat collards, they HATE greens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 2:20:18 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/23/2019 4:36 PM, cshenk wrote:

> >> It's ok. Some try to trim and do not do it right. Causes
> >> mis-attribution.
> >>
> >> In a funny bit, Enterprise (a Star Trek runoff) has Vulcan's 'not
> >> touch their food'. Tpal uses chopsticks ... several times.
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> Heh) did you see the posts about eating with hands? One would
> >> have to hope the food wasn't too hot)

> > No I missed that! Tell me more?
> >

> Some years bak, there was a dinner theater in Las Vegas (and I think
> other places) where they had jousting going on while you ate. No
> utensils, just beef ribs and such.

I wish we had stuff like that but we don't. Next time I'm on the mainland,
this will come to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKJOwyIT8NI

==

Noooo. Not for me. I am a very small eater anyway and the sight of all
that food ....

Do enjoy though)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:52:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message

>> > Naw, he's counting on 3-D printers to produce the food.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Why sure that's going to happen. It's happening already. You're just
>> pretending to be living in the 1990's. I guess things were simpler back
>> then
>> but I don't have the luxury to live in the past. That's the breaks.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6MkdErZBw
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Oh my, imagine one of those in your kitchen Well it wouldn't fit in
>> mine
>> lol

>I need a vertical storage system that can be rotated to present the stuff
>that I need when I need it. I got a toaster oven, and air fryer, a
>rotisserie, and a Vitamix, that's in need of storage and easy
>accessibility.
>
>https://disruptionhub.com/disrupted-...uture-of-food/
>
>==
>
>You are the same as me ... we need bigger kitchens

Actually all you need is a basement... a place to store all the
kitchen stuff you rarely use so as to free up kitchen space, (99% of
the time there're only the two of us so we don't need kitchen cabinets
packed with dishes, cups, glassware, and lots of other stuff to feed
an armada. Even though we buy lots of canned goods by the case when
on sale there's no point in stuffing them all in the kitchen when
there's lots of shelving in the basement... especially true for space
hogging paper goods. We keep the big cat litter pan in the basement
so we go down there at least twice a day, it's no biggie to remember
to bring stuff down and bring stuff up... growing up in a two story
house everyone learned quickly to never traverse the stairs in either
direction empty handed.
We have a huge attic but it's a lot more difficult to store stuff
there, firstly it's not heated, secondly to get to the attic a car
needs to pull out of the garage so the drop down stairs can be
utililized and then all needs to be reversed, so we store nothing in
the attic... only one who goes up there is the A/C service tech.
Anything we need to store that can endure freezing temps is much
easier to store in the barn or gardening shed, and we go out there
every day during winter anyway to bring water for the feral cats, they
have heated bowls.
Hardly a day goes by here that someone doesn't bitch about not enough
storage space so I don't want to hear about how basements are not
needed.

==

Nobody is forcing you to read our posts, whether it be about storage or
not!!! Why do you care?

Ahh could it be that you have loads of space and enjoy boasting about it????
Never!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/20/2019 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Angela learned to use them at about 18 months and was an expert with them
>> until age four. Reason being, her best friend's mom was Thai and she
>> always ate with them.

> Despite a large Chinese population in Thailand, many Thai people don't use
> chopsticks.

Well, she did!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 10:51:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Noooo. Not for me. I am a very small eater anyway and the sight of all
> that food ....
>
> Do enjoy though)

I'm a small eater too - mostly, I'll watch other people eating food.

Here's what I made for my wife's dinner at work. That stuff that looks like steak is actually fish. To the right of that is some scallop poke. That bright yellow material in the center is Japanese pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 10:51:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Noooo. Not for me. I am a very small eater anyway and the sight of all
> that food ....
>
> Do enjoy though)

I'm a small eater too - mostly, I'll watch other people eating food.

Here's what I made for my wife's dinner at work. That stuff that looks like
steak is actually fish. To the right of that is some scallop poke. That
bright yellow material in the center is Japanese pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs

===

Gosh that looks good. I bet she enjoyed that

You do make the most amazingly pretty dishes)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > On 2/20/2019 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > Angela learned to use them at about 18 months and was an expert
> > > with them until age four. Reason being, her best friend's mom
> > > was Thai and she always ate with them.

> > Despite a large Chinese population in Thailand, many Thai people
> > don't use chopsticks.

> Well, she did!

Thailand is a big place and I only saw small parts of it. The places I
was at, chopsticks were automatic and other cutlery may be there or can
be asked for.

Perhaps more away from where I was, it is different?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 10:51:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Noooo. Not for me. I am a very small eater anyway and the sight
> > of all that food ....
> >
> > Do enjoy though)

> I'm a small eater too - mostly, I'll watch other people eating food.
>

> Here's what I made for my wife's dinner at work. That stuff that
> looks like steak is actually fish. To the right of that is some
> scallop poke. That bright yellow material in the center is Japanese
> pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs

Looks like meal for 3 to me! Could be the angle though.

On the rice, is that white sesame seed on some sort of seaweed? The
only other think I can think of it looking like is mustard flowers
steamed then bedded on the rice. Both would be good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:00:30 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 10:51:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Noooo. Not for me. I am a very small eater anyway and the sight
> > > of all that food ....
> > >
> > > Do enjoy though)

> > I'm a small eater too - mostly, I'll watch other people eating food.
> >

> > Here's what I made for my wife's dinner at work. That stuff that
> > looks like steak is actually fish. To the right of that is some
> > scallop poke. That bright yellow material in the center is Japanese
> > pickled radish - takuan.
> >

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs
>
> Looks like meal for 3 to me! Could be the angle though.
>
> On the rice, is that white sesame seed on some sort of seaweed? The
> only other think I can think of it looking like is mustard flowers
> steamed then bedded on the rice. Both would be good.

For me that would be 2 meals. For most people, it would be a single meal. For others, that's half a meal. The stuff on the rice is furikake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 10:00:30 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

> > > I'm a small eater too - mostly, I'll watch other people eating
> > > food.
> > >
> > > Here's what I made for my wife's dinner at work. That stuff that
> > > looks like steak is actually fish. To the right of that is some
> > > scallop poke. That bright yellow material in the center is
> > > Japanese pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs

> > Looks like meal for 3 to me! Could be the angle though.
> >
> > On the rice, is that white sesame seed on some sort of seaweed? The
> > only other think I can think of it looking like is mustard flowers
> > steamed then bedded on the rice. Both would be good.

> For me that would be 2 meals. For most people, it would be a single
> meal. For others, that's half a meal. The stuff on the rice is
> furikake.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake

I am aware of Furikake. Is it a sesame and seaweed version?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 12:18:53 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs
> > >
> > > Looks like meal for 3 to me! Could be the angle though.
> > >
> > > On the rice, is that white sesame seed on some sort of seaweed? The
> > > only other think I can think of it looking like is mustard flowers
> > > steamed then bedded on the rice. Both would be good.

> > For me that would be 2 meals. For most people, it would be a single
> > meal. For others, that's half a meal. The stuff on the rice is
> > furikake.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake

> I am aware of Furikake. Is it a sesame and seaweed version?

I think it is but mostly, I just grab a bottle of whatever is available. I'm not too picky. When I was a kid, we didn't eat much furikake. We had nori tsukudani. It's great stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0j2LgD_Q0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 12:18:53 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs

> > > For me that would be 2 meals. For most people, it would be a
> > > single meal. For others, that's half a meal. The stuff on the
> > > rice is furikake.
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake

> > I am aware of Furikake. Is it a sesame and seaweed version?

> I think it is but mostly, I just grab a bottle of whatever is
> available. I'm not too picky. When I was a kid, we didn't eat much
> furikake. We had nori tsukudani. It's great stuff!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0j2LgD_Q0

I love it! I knew vaguely of that seaweed 'sauce' but now I see how to
use it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 1:53:47 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...L-bxQDaGkCwrMs

> > > I am aware of Furikake. Is it a sesame and seaweed version?

> > I think it is but mostly, I just grab a bottle of whatever is
> > available. I'm not too picky. When I was a kid, we didn't eat much
> > furikake. We had nori tsukudani. It's great stuff!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0j2LgD_Q0

> I love it! I knew vaguely of that seaweed 'sauce' but now I see how to
> use it.

I've never seen it used on anything other than hot rice. I'm too scared to try it on bread or pizza. Otherwise, it's wonderful stuff in my limited usage of it.