Old 14-02-2019, 04:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/13/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could put
a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get the
water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that building
but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my business?

LOLOL Because you keep *telling* everyone! You're the one who provides
the huge backstory about your gardener and hint about your BF's or whoever
else you seem to want everyone to know about.

Actually no. People keep posting misinformation and I keep correcting them.

Your initial question seemed to be has anyone else tried this "throwback"
Chef Boyardee stuff. If I neglected to answer, I'm saying now: No.

Thanks!

Old 14-02-2019, 04:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/13/2019 7:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/11/2019 8:55 AM, Roy wrote:
On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 10:09:17 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/10/2019 1:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:17:53 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:27:51 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

No but he did ask me to make rye bread with cinnamon in it. We'll
see
how
that comes out.

And you said he's a foodie!?!?!?! He's no foodie and he's playing
you if he's asking you to do shit like that.

No. I said my BF was a foodie. Actually he still is. He's just not
my BF
any
more. New BF is also a foodie. But his tastes and mine are not the
same
when
it comes to food.

The gardener did love the Pad Thai that I made the other day. Said
it
was
way better than what I got at Costco.

Look at Julie, always trying to insert those covert tidbits of her
wannabe personal life into unrelated conversations. You just forgot
to say. "But for reasons I'm not going to discuss that here and
now".

And no, you said that of your "gardener". You just wanted to
mention you "boyfriends" tonight.

-sw

There's the he's not her BF anymore but the current BF is but it's
not the
gardener. She always did say she was a Princess. Now she's Queen Bee
and
all these honeys are hovering around. Why do I find this hard to
believe.

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a
foodie. And
yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by
previous
postings.

I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
divorce. I'm certainly not jealous. As for her/their taste in food, she
started the thread about Chef Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta. AFAIC,
that pretty much sums up the "foodie" factor. Or lack thereof.

Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter.

(snipped a bunch of crap)

Stop trying to deflect. You didn't mention being snowed in or needing
canned beefaroni or whatever this "Throwback" stuff is. You asked if
anyone had tried it. Now you're just making excuses about why you buy
shit like this. For $1.58/can. In case I forgot to answer the original
question, NO, I've never bought canned Chef Boyardee Throwback pasta.

Yeah. I got that. You seem to think that I eat this stuff on a regular
basis. No.

Old 14-02-2019, 11:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
version. I'd like to see a citation for that.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli

jmcquown wrote:
Oh wow! Thanks for the search! I still really cannot imagine actually
wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.

If either of you need some tissues for the nosebleeds, just let
me know.
Old 14-02-2019, 06:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.

If either of you need some tissues for the nosebleeds, just let
me know.

There is a tissue dispenser in the saddle of my high horse.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese,

some guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
that was asst. vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
Added a goodly drizzle of honey on top. There may have been
more things he added that I left out but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to

keep looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to
get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in
that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all
up in my business?

There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type bath
(some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with water then
turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper friend of mine.

Old 14-02-2019, 11:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Jill

I think I might have at some point as it sounds familiar. All I recall
was it wasn't overtly impressive. Probably I had a coupon and wanted
to 'try something new to me'.
Old 15-02-2019, 08:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

==

Yes, we use something similar with ours.

Works very well!

Old 15-02-2019, 01:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Nope. I'm not adding anything there. He can always stay in this house if he
wants to. The problem with water is, there is no way to drain it back out.
Not like an RV. It's a building that won't move.

Old 15-02-2019, 02:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's Angus beef.
Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce is much thicker. A person who
did a comparison thought there was far too much garlic in the old style.
That could be it. I can handle a small amount of garlic but not too much.

OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
with both versions.

Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.

Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
texture and taste.

IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
then.

I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
on.
Old 15-02-2019, 04:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:30:56 -0500, Gary wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

Old 15-02-2019, 04:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

Both you and Jill always say that...."easier to make your own"
Both of you are retired and have all the time in the world to
make your own but not always with working people. Get real.

I keep some canned food for emergency situations where frozen
food might thaw. Not all canned food is bad. You buy plenty of it
yourself....like cases of Progresso soup.

Hey....YOOSE like spam. Yoose could make that yourself too from
scratch fresh pig and using RO water. Yet yoose still buy and
like spam. So....bite me.
Old 15-02-2019, 04:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

Even all the years I worked full time I've *always* cooked meals with
leftovers in mind for the freezer. Even after I moved here I never
stopped doing that. That's why I *have* a second freezer.

Jill
Old 15-02-2019, 05:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

lol Yeah...you're finally working PART TIME for a whole 2 weeks
now. So you buy a premade frozen pizza now to save time and
energy. [email protected]
Old 15-02-2019, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

lol Yeah...you're finally working PART TIME for a whole 2 weeks
now. So you buy a premade frozen pizza now to save time and
energy. [email protected]

Excuse me, but why does it matter? It was a good frozen pizza. I was
tired when I got home, so what?

I've always cooked lots of food ahead of time so I'll have homemade
freezer meals. So what if I wanted a store bought pizza for a change?
Yeesh.

Jill
Old 15-02-2019, 05:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

I work and make my own. It just requires wanting to badly
enough. If your palate accepts canned and jarred stuff, fine.

This weekend I'm buying a turkey. Leftovers (including stock
made from the carcass) will be frozen.

Of course, that does require having an extra freezer, which as
a homeowner I am capable of having.

Cindy Hamilton