Old 11-02-2019, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:17:53 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:27:51 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

No but he did ask me to make rye bread with cinnamon in it. We'll see
how
that comes out.

And you said he's a foodie!?!?!?! He's no foodie and he's playing
you if he's asking you to do shit like that.

No. I said my BF was a foodie. Actually he still is. He's just not my BF
any
more. New BF is also a foodie. But his tastes and mine are not the same
when
it comes to food.

The gardener did love the Pad Thai that I made the other day. Said it was
way better than what I got at Costco.

Look at Julie, always trying to insert those covert tidbits of her
wannabe personal life into unrelated conversations. You just forgot
to say. "But for reasons I'm not going to discuss that here and
now".

And no, you said that of your "gardener". You just wanted to
mention you "boyfriends" tonight.

I never said that my gardener was a foodie. That was something you made up
to go along with when you made up that he was married. He is a much more
adventurous eater than I am and does seem to like heavily seasoned foods.
But he also eats odd combinations that most people won't.

For instance, last night I made an Italian type soup. Ground beef, beans,
pasta, asst. veggies in a tomato/beef broth/liquid.

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

I will say that he was in a big hurry when he dished up the food and he took
it to go. He has been moonlighting with another job because there's not much
need for gardening services with all this snow. He wanted to get a plow for
his truck and would have been doing that but the truck isn't running at the
moment.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Tonight's dinner 1" THK pork chops... delicious!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1gttbata2/
Old 11-02-2019, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/10/2019 8:05 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/10/2019 5:23 AM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

Anyone try these products? Canned beef ravioli, lasagna and Beefaroni.

Anyhoo... I ordered three cans of the Throwback ravioli from Amazon for
$1.58 each. I believe this is a marked down price as I had seen the
Beefaroni and lasagna in a few brick and mortar stores for around $3.

I tried the stuff last night and flat out didn't like it!
Anyone tried the Throwback stuff?

Geez Julie-o, you didn't like it? lol
Why is NOBODY here surprised?*

Anyway, I always keep 2-3 cans in my pantry just as
easy food for hurricane season or just lazy nights.
I ate the last one about month ago so actually had
them on my grocery list for the next trip.

Never even heard about the Throwback kind so I looked it up.
Supposedly back to the old days when it was made much better or
so. Well I went to the store and bought 2 cans yesterday:
- the regular kind for 99 cents
- the new Throwback kind for $1.50

OK so next time I'm in the mood I'm going to open both cans and
have a side-by-side comparison. The Throwback cost 50% more so it
should taste much better. I'll just see about that though.

Sounds like they're trying to beef up business. * I can't imagine
paying more for something called Throwback.* If it was so much better
in the old days why did they change it?* Gotta love marketing!

At any rate, it's still just canned pasta in sauce.* If/when you do
your taste test I'd be interested in hearing the results.* I'm not
going to watch a youtube video about it.

The claim is that there is more meat in the old style and it's Angus
beef. Also no high fructose corn syrup and the sauce it much thicker. A
person who did a comparison thought there was far too much garlic in the
old style. That could be it. I can handle a small amount of garlic but
not too much.

"Claim" being the operative word. The breed of cow (Angus) doesn't
really matter. It's still canned pasta in some sort of tomato sauce. I
don't expect "chunks" of beef.

You've already said you bought it and don't like it. Ordered it online,
per usual. Paid $1.58 a can and then complained about it. Whatever.

I don't plan to buy it. I was merely asking Gary to report back on his
taste test between the two versions. Many people happen to like garlic.
Not necessarily people who are heating a can of Chef Boyardee Trowback
canned whatever.

Jill
Old 11-02-2019, 03:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

-sw

There's the he's not her BF anymore but the current BF is but it's not
the gardener. She always did say she was a Princess. Now she's Queen
Bee and all these honeys are hovering around. Why do I find this hard
to believe.

Jill

Old 11-02-2019, 04:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

Old 11-02-2019, 06:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/10/2019 5:23 AM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

Who ****ed in your Cheerios? There was none available in the stores here so
online was the only choice. And I had to place an online order as I had an
appointment on the phone and couldn't leave the house. Plus the order came
before the snow got worse. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten delivery. People
that did try to go to the store were mainly stuck buying canned goods
anyway. They said first to go was the beer, then milk, bread and eggs. Then
fresh produce. Stores were sold out of nearly everything.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out
but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep
looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

Old 11-02-2019, 06:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie. And
yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:02:16 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:54:53 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:48:32 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 11:34:23 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:33:27 -0800 (PST), dsi1

As we all know, it can't happen here.

I don't think it can.

Of course you don't. That's how "it can't happen here" works. As far you believing that I think people should be humbled for their disrespect of foods, that's just your prejudiced, egocentric, desires, talking.

My message has always been that we should enjoy ourselves and be thankful for what we got because all this could be taken away from us at any time.

OTOH, as we all know, it can't happen here.

Each of us could be dead tomorrow, so carpe diem, yes, but a famine?
How? A locust swarm of continental proportions? An earthquake that
swallows half the continent? Something viral that attacks all food? I
don't see it.

Yes, I know you don't see it. As we all know, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Do they sell aluminium hats in Hawaii?
Old 11-02-2019, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 21:07:20 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out
but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep
looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

But he didn't buy all that shit he just slapped into a bowl.

-sw

Old 11-02-2019, 02:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by previous
postings.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out
but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep
looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-11 12:09 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie.
And yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Circle flies.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.