Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Japanese Yew deadly to animals

The Japanese Yew is a common landscaping plant. Each year we have
several elk, dear and pronghorns die during the winter because it was
available as food. A year or so ago 7 beautiful elk died on someone's
hillside yard because they ate the landscaping shrubs. The plant is
also toxic to pets.
If you have chosen this plant for landscaping on your property you
should get rid of it and replace it with something else.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxus_cuspidata
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-02 9:28 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> The Japanese Yew is a common landscaping plant. Each year we have
> several elk, dear and pronghorns die during the winter because it was
> available as food. A year or so ago 7 beautiful elk died on someone's
> hillside yard because they ate the landscaping shrubs. The plant is
> also toxic to pets.
> If you have chosen this plant for landscaping on your property you
> should get rid of it and replace it with something else.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxus_cuspidata
> Janet US

In England, Yew trees are pretty well confined to churchyards as their
toxicity was recognised by livestock farmers centuries ago.

How producing “ethical, zero-harm” plant food for vegans and vegetarians kills more animals than, well, actually killing animals for the purpose of eating them. ImStillMags General Cooking 87 06-01-2012 12:14 AM
Deadly Doctors? Bamboozled Diabetic 14 18-08-2009 07:31 AM
Deadly spider in Whole Foods modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 30 27-03-2009 12:01 PM
7 Deadly Zins Dick R. Wine 4 06-11-2006 10:35 PM
DEADLY SPINACH Gloria James General Cooking 21 18-09-2006 10:21 AM