Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ATTN: Winco Shoppers

In article >, U.S. Janet B.
> wrote:

> my standing rib roast from Winco was Choice grade and was very, very
> tender and juicy. I had an 8 pounder with a fat cap that had been
> trimmed nicely.

I overcooked mine by about ten degrees. It was fine. It could have been
better. I did get some outstanding brown gravy from the overcook.
We will be near finishing the roast tonight. I had to make another
batch of Yorkshire for tonight's meal.
Then on to New Years. I cook squat. We have green onions in cream
cheese wrapped ham slices, lil smokies in a blanket, deviled eggs,
store bought pecan pie and a heart attack later in the evening.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Winco Shoppers

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >, U.S. Janet B.
> wrote:

> my standing rib roast from Winco was Choice grade and was very, very
> tender and juicy. I had an 8 pounder with a fat cap that had been
> trimmed nicely.

I overcooked mine by about ten degrees. It was fine. It could have been
better. I did get some outstanding brown gravy from the overcook.
We will be near finishing the roast tonight. I had to make another
batch of Yorkshire for tonight's meal.
Then on to New Years. I cook squat. We have green onions in cream
cheese wrapped ham slices, lil smokies in a blanket, deviled eggs,
store bought pecan pie and a heart attack later in the evening.

leo

==

You are going to make another batch of Yorkshire eh?

I have to tell you young fella me lad, there is only one Yorkshire and I am
part of it ;0

Glad you enjoyed )

ps I will allow you to have the puddings though <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> You are going to make another batch of Yorkshire eh?
>
> I have to tell you young fella me lad, there is only one Yorkshire and I am
> part of it ;0
>
> Glad you enjoyed )
>
> ps I will allow you to have the puddings though <g>

We Americans are newer to English than you are. I wasn't specific. I
meant Yorkies. They're hard to catch, and they bite. There's not much
meat on them, but they hit the spot with leftover standing rib.
Sorry for the misunderstanding

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> You are going to make another batch of Yorkshire eh?
>
> I have to tell you young fella me lad, there is only one Yorkshire and I
> am
> part of it ;0
>
> Glad you enjoyed )
>
> ps I will allow you to have the puddings though <g>

We Americans are newer to English than you are. I wasn't specific. I
meant Yorkies. They're hard to catch, and they bite. There's not much
meat on them, but they hit the spot with leftover standing rib.
Sorry for the misunderstanding

leo

==

Hey, I am teasing

ps Careful now Look what we have now ...

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...gc lsrc=aw.ds

<g>