Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It's finally happened

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:49:18 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>All I do is whack around the edge of the lid with the handle of a heavy stainless table knife, and
>then give it a good thump right in the center, and it is easily opened...or at least easy enough
>for my strength (which is lessening). It doesn't interfere with any leak-proof abilities of the lid.
>
>Or you can whack the lid's edge on a sturdy countertop, turning the jar as you go. That
>works, too. No need to buy any kind of device.
>
>N.

For me with the occasional obstinate jar lid a rubber glove
works first time every time, don't even need to put it on your hand,
lay it over the cap to give a non slip grip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote in news:g7l4r4F6n2jU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Yes, it's finally happened. I'm old enough, now, to have been cursed
> with a case of "Gimpy Grip".
>
> Yep, I can no longer open a difficult jar/bottle without some kinda

aid.
> I got beer bottles and the like covered (church key), but jars and
> twist-top bottles are a bother. I am beginning to use my mom's old OXO
> Good Grip jar opener:
>
> https://www.oxo.com/jar-opener-with-base-pad-438.html
>
> ----similar, but older-----
>
> Geez, what am I gonna do when I can no longer lift/pour a 4qt pot? 8|
>
> nb

I'm rapidly finding out the same things. Soon you'll start dropping
things too. Enjoy old age!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> notbob > wrote in news:g7l4r4F6n2jU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Yes, it's finally happened. I'm old enough, now, to have been cursed
>> with a case of "Gimpy Grip".
>>
>> Yep, I can no longer open a difficult jar/bottle without some kinda

> aid.
>> I got beer bottles and the like covered (church key), but jars and
>> twist-top bottles are a bother. I am beginning to use my mom's old OXO
>> Good Grip jar opener:
>>
>> https://www.oxo.com/jar-opener-with-base-pad-438.html
>>
>> ----similar, but older-----
>>
>> Geez, what am I gonna do when I can no longer lift/pour a 4qt pot? 8|
>>
>> nb
>>

> I'm rapidly finding out the same things. Soon you'll start dropping
> things too. Enjoy old age!

Don't leave out forgetting why you needed them in the first place after
dropping them. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:

> Enjoy old age!

What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?

Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
jes thought I wuz gettin' old.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Dec 2018 22:33:07 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:
>
>> Enjoy old age!

>What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?
>
>Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
>I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
>jes thought I wuz gettin' old.
>
>nb

Do you mean 'Old age is no place for sissies' Bette Davis? Good luck
with the MRI business.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-17 5:33 p.m., notbob wrote:
> On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:
>
>> Enjoy old age!

> What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?
>
> Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
> I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
> jes thought I wuz gettin' old.

Bummer. I was at the dermatologist today. Luckily, the problem spots
were just <?>skin damage, and I got a talk about the effects of sun and
age.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-17, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> peripheral neuropathy has many potential causes. One of the major ones
> is diabetes.

I went on a strict diabetes 2 diet. Lost 25 lbs. I am not even
gluten sensitive.

My doc swears I do not have diabetes. I had an OEG (not sure if the
letters are correct), a nerve damage work-up. I jes got back from the
doc and he thinks it may be something "impinging" on another nerve.
Hence, the MRI.

I don't trust doctors, either.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:

> Enjoy old age!

What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?

Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
jes thought I wuz gettin' old.

nb

===

Hope all goes well! Do report back?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Good luck with the MRI. Nerve damage is awfully hard to diagnose, IMO.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 4:28:21 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:49:18 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
> >All I do is whack around the edge of the lid with the handle of a heavy stainless table knife, and
> >then give it a good thump right in the center, and it is easily opened...or at least easy enough
> >for my strength (which is lessening). It doesn't interfere with any leak-proof abilities of the lid.
> >
> >Or you can whack the lid's edge on a sturdy countertop, turning the jar as you go. That
> >works, too. No need to buy any kind of device.
> >
> >N.

> For me with the occasional obstinate jar lid a rubber glove
> works first time every time, don't even need to put it on your hand,
> lay it over the cap to give a non slip grip.

I used to have a Ping Pong Paddle's rubber bumpy paddle surface pad and it worked OUTSTANDINGLY to remove jar lids! Just grip and TWIST OFF!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 2:33:12 PM UTC-8, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:
>
> > Enjoy old age!

> What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?
>
> Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
> I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
> jes thought I wuz gettin' old.
>
> nb

holding out for good news of a fixable situation.....hang in there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 "Ophelia" wrote:
>"notbob" wrote:
>
>On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:
>
>> Enjoy old age!

>What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?

Wimpdom is far better than the alternative.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352061

>I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
>jes thought I wuz gettin' old.
>
>nb

Getting?

>===
>
>Hope all goes well! Do report back?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 4:48:17 AM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> Good luck with the MRI. Nerve damage is awfully hard to diagnose, IMO.
>
> N.

I believe that you're right about that. My boss had an MRI of his brain. The doc pointed out a couple of lines on the scan and casually said "it looks like you had two small strokes." Ha ha - that was fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 06:58:41 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 4:28:21 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:49:18 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >All I do is whack around the edge of the lid with the handle of a heavy stainless table knife, and
>> >then give it a good thump right in the center, and it is easily opened...or at least easy enough
>> >for my strength (which is lessening). It doesn't interfere with any leak-proof abilities of the lid.
>> >
>> >Or you can whack the lid's edge on a sturdy countertop, turning the jar as you go. That
>> >works, too. No need to buy any kind of device.
>> >
>> >N.

>> For me with the occasional obstinate jar lid a rubber glove
>> works first time every time, don't even need to put it on your hand,
>> lay it over the cap to give a non slip grip.

>I used to have a Ping Pong Paddle's rubber bumpy paddle surface pad and it worked OUTSTANDINGLY to remove jar lids! Just grip and TWIST OFF!
>
>John Kuthe...

Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
couples. She blushes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 06:58:41 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 4:28:21 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
>>> On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:49:18 -0800 (PST), Nancy2

>>> For me with the occasional obstinate jar lid a rubber glove
>>> works first time every time, don't even need to put it on your hand,
>>> lay it over the cap to give a non slip grip.

>> I used to have a Ping Pong Paddle's rubber bumpy paddle surface pad and it worked OUTSTANDINGLY to remove jar lids! Just grip and TWIST OFF!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
> omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
> tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
> gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
> enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
> takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
> finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
> been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
> her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
> couples. She blushes.

Popeye, yoose should get a room at Kunthe's flop house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2018 4:29 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Bummer. I was at the dermatologist today. Luckily, the problem spots
> were just <?>skin damage, and I got a talk about the effects of sun and
> age.

Wear a hat!

I do and it makes little difference. I wear a hat, religiously, but I
also do not go to a dermatologist, any more, cuz I can't afford to. I
get "skin damage", but I don't trust doctors. (no problems)

Plus, dermatologists now have a new scam. A "consultation" visit. Ya'
need to see the doc, before-hand ($90-$100), THEN schedule AGAIN fer the
main visit. I notice a few dentists now playing this game, too.

Not sure how this "scam" plays out with MediCare. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 6:17:01 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 06:58:41 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> >> I used to have a Ping Pong Paddle's rubber bumpy paddle surface pad and it worked OUTSTANDINGLY to remove jar lids! Just grip and TWIST OFF!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> > Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
> > omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
> > tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
> > gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
> > enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
> > takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
> > finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
> > been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
> > her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
> > couples. She blushes.
> >

> Popeye, yoose should get a room at Kunthe's flop house.

My place is HARDLY a Flophouse! It's Shared International Student Living! And I may get a new housemate from of course India! Her name is Deva (pronounced Diva!) and she's a pHD in Organic Chemistry student!

No Flops here! Only an old Tree Hugging Dirt Worshiping Hippie of a Landlord who makes Chocolates! :-)

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-18 9:24 p.m., notbob wrote:
> On 12/17/2018 4:29 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Bummer. I was at the dermatologist today. Luckily, the problem spots
>> were just <?>skin damage, and I got a talk about the effects of sun
>> and age.

> Wear a hat!
>
> I do and it makes little difference.Â* I wear a hat, religiously, but I
> also do not go to a dermatologist, any more, cuz I can't afford to.Â* I
> get "skin damage", but I don't trust doctors.Â* (no problems)
>
> Plus, dermatologists now have a new scam.Â* A "consultation" visit.Â* Ya'
> need to see the doc, before-hand ($90-$100), THEN schedule AGAIN fer the
> main visit.Â* I notice a few dentists now playing this game, too.
>
> Not sure how this "scam" plays out with MediCare.Â* 8|

Sorry to hear how your system sucks. I went yesterday. He had a look,
gave me the liquid nitrogen spray. He sent an assistant to explain about
exfolliating and set up an appointment for me in another six weeks. No
bill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-18 7:34 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-18 9:24 p.m., notbob wrote:
>> On 12/17/2018 4:29 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Bummer. I was at the dermatologist today. Luckily, the problem spots
>>> were just <?>skin damage, and I got a talk about the effects of sun
>>> and age.

>> Wear a hat!
>>
>> I do and it makes little difference.Â* I wear a hat, religiously, but I
>> also do not go to a dermatologist, any more, cuz I can't afford to.Â* I
>> get "skin damage", but I don't trust doctors.Â* (no problems)
>>
>> Plus, dermatologists now have a new scam.Â* A "consultation" visit.
>> Ya' need to see the doc, before-hand ($90-$100), THEN schedule AGAIN
>> fer the main visit.Â* I notice a few dentists now playing this game, too.
>>
>> Not sure how this "scam" plays out with MediCare.Â* 8|
>>

> Sorry to hear how your system sucks. I went yesterday. He had a look,
> gave me the liquid nitrogen spray. He sent an assistant to explain about
> exfolliating and set up an appointment for me in another six weeks. No
> bill.

I get that done every 6 months. Every few years I have a special
light-sensitive ointment applied that homes in on dodgy areas when
activated.
I need a new Tilley Hat too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:40:54 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-12-18 7:34 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Wear a hat!
>>>
>>> I do and it makes little difference.* I wear a hat, religiously, but I
>>> also do not go to a dermatologist, any more, cuz I can't afford to.* I
>>> get "skin damage", but I don't trust doctors.* (no problems)
>>>
>>> Plus, dermatologists now have a new scam.* A "consultation" visit.
>>> Ya' need to see the doc, before-hand ($90-$100), THEN schedule AGAIN
>>> fer the main visit.* I notice a few dentists now playing this game, too.
>>>
>>> Not sure how this "scam" plays out with MediCare.* 8|
>>>

>> Sorry to hear how your system sucks. I went yesterday. He had a look,
>> gave me the liquid nitrogen spray. He sent an assistant to explain about
>> exfolliating and set up an appointment for me in another six weeks. No
>> bill.

>I get that done every 6 months. Every few years I have a special
>light-sensitive ointment applied that homes in on dodgy areas when
>activated.
>I need a new Tilley Hat too!

Sustaining sun damage in Canada is that like breaking your leg skiing
in the Sahara?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-18 9:21 p.m., Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:40:54 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> Sorry to hear how your system sucks. I went yesterday. He had a look,
>>> gave me the liquid nitrogen spray. He sent an assistant to explain about
>>> exfolliating and set up an appointment for me in another six weeks. No
>>> bill.

>> I get that done every 6 months. Every few years I have a special
>> light-sensitive ointment applied that homes in on dodgy areas when
>> activated.
>> I need a new Tilley Hat too!

> Sustaining sun damage in Canada is that like breaking your leg skiing
> in the Sahara?

The sun shines in places other than from your arse!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:52:35 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> I get that done every 6 months. Every few years I have a special
>>> light-sensitive ointment applied that homes in on dodgy areas when
>>> activated.
>>> I need a new Tilley Hat too!

>> Sustaining sun damage in Canada is that like breaking your leg skiing
>> in the Sahara?
>>

>The sun shines in places other than from your arse!

Thank you for the unexpected compliment. Those are the best.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 11:08:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
> omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
> tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
> gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
> enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
> takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
> finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
> been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
> her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
> couples. She blushes.

That's an interesting tale. The idea of a yearly manual prostate exam is nice twist. Near as I can tell, Dr. Linda is either an old country doc from the 50's or a hooker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:23:48 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 11:08:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
>> omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
>> tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
>> gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
>> enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
>> takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
>> finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
>> been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
>> her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
>> couples. She blushes.

>That's an interesting tale. The idea of a yearly manual prostate exam is nice twist. Near as I can tell, Dr. Linda is either an old country doc from the 50's or a hooker.

Yeah, I think Sheldon role plays with a prostitute. In his old age
he's started to think that she's really a doctor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2018 3:17 AM, l not -l wrote:

> One of the bad things about our medical system is we can have the
> exploitative along with the practical and it can take time and effort to
> find the right doctor/provider. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or
> energy to find the right one.

True, dat!

Unfortunately, this "scam" dermatologist is the only "derm doc" fer 100
miles. The other "derm doc", in town, is the unlicensed type (whatever
that is).

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2018 12:05 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:23:48 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 11:08:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Simply don a surgeon's glove, certainly you can glom a few.... just
>>> omit the K-Y. I'd think by now you'd be giving your prospective
>>> tenants vaginal exams. I go once a year to my Urologist, Doctor Linda
>>> gives me great prostate exams... with her rack I'd go weekly. She
>>> enjoys massaging my prostate too, I can tell that by how long she
>>> takes and how she enjoys the results more than I do... her talented
>>> finger never fails to get a major positive reaction. Dr Linda has
>>> been examining my prostate for ten years. She loves how I always get
>>> her to laugh, I tell her that I think we're more intimate than married
>>> couples. She blushes.

>> That's an interesting tale. The idea of a yearly manual prostate exam is nice twist. Near as I can tell, Dr. Linda is either an old country doc from the 50's or a hooker.

> Yeah, I think Sheldon role plays with a prostitute. In his old age
> he's started to think that she's really a doctor.

Be nice, gang.

Were else can Shelly wax poetic about someone sticking their finger up
his arse, except here. You two should be ashamed of yerselves,
belittling (promoting?) his fantasies.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> The other "derm doc", in town, is the unlicensed type (whatever
> that is).

Yikes! One to be avoided at all costs, imo. >:-[]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:09:35 -0700, notbob > wrote:

>On 12/19/2018 12:05 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:23:48 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> That's an interesting tale. The idea of a yearly manual prostate exam is nice twist. Near as I can tell, Dr. Linda is either an old country doc from the 50's or a hooker.

>> Yeah, I think Sheldon role plays with a prostitute. In his old age
>> he's started to think that she's really a doctor.
>>

>Be nice, gang.
>
>Were else can Shelly wax poetic about someone sticking their finger up
>his arse, except here. You two should be ashamed of yerselves,
>belittling (promoting?) his fantasies.
>
>nb

Good one nb!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 8:32:43 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> On 12/19/2018 3:17 AM, l not -l wrote:
>
> > One of the bad things about our medical system is we can have the
> > exploitative along with the practical and it can take time and effort to
> > find the right doctor/provider. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or
> > energy to find the right one.

> True, dat!
>
> Unfortunately, this "scam" dermatologist is the only "derm doc" fer 100
> miles. The other "derm doc", in town, is the unlicensed type (whatever
> that is).
>
> nb

Sorry you live in the middle of nowhere. We've got dozens
of dermatologists.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2018 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Fruitiest of Fruitcakes"Â* wrote in message
> news.com...
>
> On 16 Dec 2018, Ophelia wrote
> (in article >):
>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>

>> kinda > > aid.

>> old > > OXO

>> pot? 8|

>> > That gives you leverage but still needs strength. Once you break the
>> > seal, it is easy to open. Use this
>> > http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/p...=2,40733,40734

>> I have this one, I love it.
>>
>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swing-A-Way...er/39182402009
>>
>> 2?hash=item5b3a88127c:rk:1f:0
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> The other day I couldn't get the tops off a bottle of oyster sauce and a
>> very
>> small bottle of vanilla. Even D. had to exert himself hard to get them
>> off.
>> So given that, I didn't have a hope

> I just bash the lids on the side of a wooden table. That always seems to
> work
> as the vacuum vanishes and pressures are equalised.
>
> ==
>
> I might give that a try, although it wouldn't help much with the wee
> bottle of vanilla

With my luck I'd not only break the pressure seal on the bottle cap but
also the bottle itself!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/16/2018 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>> I might give that a try, although it wouldn't help much with the wee
>> bottle of vanilla
>>

> With my luck I'd not only break the pressure seal on the bottle cap but
> also the bottle itself!
>
> Jill

I have had that happen in my life.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2018 5:33 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-12-17, KenK > wrote:
>
>> Enjoy old age!

> What's the old saying, "Growing old is not fer wimps"?
>
> Turns out I'm also suffering from peripheral neuropathy (look it up).
> I go in fer an MRI on the 28th, three days after Christmas. Heck, I
> jes thought I wuz gettin' old.
>
> nb

Best wishes for good results from the MRI.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-19 10:45 a.m., l not -l wrote:
> On 19-Dec-2018, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

>> Sorry you live in the middle of nowhere. We've got dozens
>> of dermatologists.

> Yes, same here in STL area. One of the easier ways to narrow the field is
> by eliminating those who have offices in the more affluent suburbs.

Don't judge them too harshly by the location of their offices. I have an
excellent family doctor whose office is in a semi rural area, semi only
because the city has gradually extended out to it. The dermatologist I
saw this week has a beautiful office in a solidly middle class area. The
one I saw previous to that was in a professional arts building in a
middle class area. I know another doctor who is in the same building and
he is planning on leaving Canada and returning to South Africa. He had
been in the US and came here, but he is not making much money because
the rent on his office is so high.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:21:10 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:40:54 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> Sorry to hear how your system sucks. I went yesterday. He had a look,
>>> gave me the liquid nitrogen spray. He sent an assistant to explain about
>>> exfolliating and set up an appointment for me in another six weeks. No
>>> bill.

>>I get that done every 6 months. Every few years I have a special
>>light-sensitive ointment applied that homes in on dodgy areas when
>>activated.
>>I need a new Tilley Hat too!

>Sustaining sun damage in Canada is that like breaking your leg skiing
>in the Sahara?

Actually sun damage is more severe in snow country, all that white
magnifys the damaging rays... skiers need to cover up and use the more
potent sun screen creams

When I mow grass I use sunscreen and wear a wide brimmed sombrero.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 12/16/2018 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Fruitiest of Fruitcakes" wrote in message
> news.com...
>
> On 16 Dec 2018, Ophelia wrote
> (in article >):
>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>

>> kinda > > aid.

>> old > > OXO

>> pot? 8|

>> > That gives you leverage but still needs strength. Once you break the
>> > seal, it is easy to open. Use this
>> > http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/p...=2,40733,40734

>> I have this one, I love it.
>>
>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swing-A-Way...er/39182402009
>> 2?hash=item5b3a88127c:rk:1f:0
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> The other day I couldn't get the tops off a bottle of oyster sauce and a
>> very
>> small bottle of vanilla. Even D. had to exert himself hard to get them
>> off.
>> So given that, I didn't have a hope

> I just bash the lids on the side of a wooden table. That always seems to
> work
> as the vacuum vanishes and pressures are equalised.
>
> ==
>
> I might give that a try, although it wouldn't help much with the wee
> bottle of vanilla

With my luck I'd not only break the pressure seal on the bottle cap but
also the bottle itself!

Jill

==

That is what I was concerned about)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2018 11:20 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 12/16/2018 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I might give that a try, although it wouldn't help much with the wee
>>> bottle of vanilla
>>>

>> With my luck I'd not only break the pressure seal on the bottle cap
>> but also the bottle itself!
>>
>> Jill

> I have had that happen in my life.
>
> Cheri

I haven't had that happen but I can certainly picture it. As others
have mentioned, when it comes to larger jar lids I tap on them with the
handle of a table knife to release pressure. Rubber gloves or other
rubber grippy things are helpfulf.

With a tiny bottle of vanilla... I probably would *not* try to bang the
cap against a wooden surface. I'd break the bottle for sure. The
suggestion of pliers came up. I'd likely run the cap under very hot
water. Vanilla and other extracts can be rather sticky. Just a thought.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:09:35 -0700, notbob > wrote:

>On 12/19/2018 12:05 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:23:48 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> That's an interesting tale. The idea of a yearly manual prostate exam is nice twist. Near as I can tell, Dr. Linda is either an old country doc from the 50's or a hooker.

>> Yeah, I think Sheldon role plays with a prostitute. In his old age
>> he's started to think that she's really a doctor.
>>

>Be nice, gang.
>
>Were else can Shelly wax poetic about someone sticking their finger up
>his arse, except here. You two should be ashamed of yerselves,
>belittling (promoting?) his fantasies.

Lol, not belittling but interpreting and explaining. Like with the
Bible or the Koran.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2018 1:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> On 12/16/2018 5:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Fruitiest of Fruitcakes"Â* wrote in message
>> news.com...
>>
>> On 16 Dec 2018, Ophelia wrote
>> (in article >):

>>> cursed

>>> kinda > > aid.
>>> old > > OXO

>>> pot? 8|

>>> I have this one, I love it.
>>>
>>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swing-A-Way...er/39182402009
>>>
>>> 2?hash=item5b3a88127c:rk:1f:0
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> The other day I couldn't get the tops off a bottle of oyster sauce and a
>>> very
>>> small bottle of vanilla. Even D. had to exert himself hard to get
>>> them off.
>>> So given that, I didn't have a hope

>> I just bash the lids on the side of a wooden table. That always seems
>> to work
>> as the vacuum vanishes and pressures are equalised.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I might give that a try, although it wouldn't help much with the wee
>> bottle of vanilla
>>

> With my luck I'd not only break the pressure seal on the bottle cap but
> also the bottle itself!
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> That is what I was concerned about)

If the small bottle of extract had been used before I'd run it under
some hot water. Some extracts are bound to be sticky and the cap might
need to be loosened. I sure wouldn't bash a bottle of vanilla extract
against a wooden table.

Jill

It Finally Happened...CHEESECAKE FACTORY OFFERS DR PEPPER!!! Just Visiting Restaurants 0 31-10-2010 01:08 AM
What happened here??? foodpro Baking 1 18-08-2008 04:13 PM
It Finally Happened To Me And George Blinky the Shark General Cooking 1 24-04-2008 06:51 PM
It Happened! sf General Cooking 0 08-01-2005 08:17 PM
What happened? Rob Winemaking 2 23-10-2004 06:27 PM