Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken tenders

What to do with the vein?
Leave it? Rip it out?

No recipe in mind but I do a lot of boneless wing stuff. I normally use thigh.
Will it disappear when cooked?
In the past i have removed it but am I wasting time?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:06:31 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

>What to do with the vein?
>Leave it? Rip it out?
>No recipe in mind but I do a lot of boneless wing stuff. I normally use thigh.
>Will it disappear when cooked?
>In the past i have removed it but am I wasting time?

A bigger waste of time replying to a left coast loony lib.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

**** you Shelly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anyway, ripped out as usual. Batter is 2 eggs, flour, cornstarch. Garlic and onion powder, lots of adobe and extra course blk pepper. Used a splash of aw root beer because it was there. I have crystal palace on the side and all is good...ish.
Deep fried and gen tso with franks for dipping. My drink is aw rootbeer with ice and baccardi from my RO. the ice from my RO.. I will wack that in my basement while doing laundry. Really.

I can discuss why S is a dick in person. 3 hrs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:
> **** you Shelly.

No worries.

Popeye hasn't been able to get a date with any men lately. His paid
mexican whore tries to get him blow jobs from mexican sex worker mens,
but Popeye's brother keeps taunting him with all the homo lovers he can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" > wrote in message
> What to do with the vein?
> Leave it? Rip it out?
>
> No recipe in mind but I do a lot of boneless wing stuff. I normally use
> thigh.
> Will it disappear when cooked?
> In the past i have removed it but am I wasting time?

What vein?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie, he is asking about that big tendon that runs through a tender lengthwise. Maybe
you have found cuts where that is removed. It reminds me of a big cord of "silverskin."

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Glad to know it is not a vein.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2018 6:45 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Julie, he is asking about that big tendon that runs through a tender lengthwise. Maybe
> you have found cuts where that is removed. It reminds me of a big cord of "silverskin."

You found a "tendon"? I'm shocked, I tell you! .....SHOCKED!!

When my daughter was a kid (about 35 yrs ago), she was hooked on McD's
Chicken Nuggets (CN's).

One day, while sitting in the car and watching my ex and my daughter
wolf down CN's, I dissected a couple. NO meat, that I could find!

Seriously, "original" CN's had zero meat in them. It was jes some kinda
"grease sponge" material that was stamped out to look like a piece of
chicken. But, nada! It wasn't until KFC started to sell their own
brand of chicken tenders, that one actually could find some real meat
(breast), in them.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-02 9:23 AM, notbob wrote:

> One day, while sitting in the car and watching my ex and my daughter
> wolf down CN's, I dissected a couple.Â* NO meat, that I could find!
>
> Seriously, "original" CN's had zero meat in them.Â* It was jes some kinda
> "grease sponge" material that was stamped out to look like a piece of
> chicken.Â* But, nada!Â* It wasn't until KFC started to sell their own
> brand of chicken tenders, that one actually could find some real meat
> (breast), in them.Â*

I had a similar experience when I looked at the "roast beef" in my
sandwich from Arby's. It wasn't covered in batter and deep fried, but it
sure as heck was carved from a roast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

McD's chicken nuggets used to be (and I don't know about now, but they are in dinosaur shapes, so probably)
ground up chicken parts and reformed into shapes...essentially chicken mush turned into forms; not whole pieces
of white meat chicken.

Their tenders are real chicken (whole) white meat tenders, and not bad except they are battered in some mixture
that has a mouth feel like it has cornmeal in it...not very good.

Dairy Queen and Hardee's both have exceptional tenders. I haven't had KFC's, but they should be good.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Julie, he is asking about that big tendon that runs through a tender
> lengthwise. Maybe
> you have found cuts where that is removed. It reminds me of a big cord of
> "silverskin."
>
> N.

Apparently it is removed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-12-02 9:23 AM, notbob wrote:
>
>> One day, while sitting in the car and watching my ex and my daughter wolf
>> down CN's, I dissected a couple. NO meat, that I could find!
>>
>> Seriously, "original" CN's had zero meat in them. It was jes some kinda
>> "grease sponge" material that was stamped out to look like a piece of
>> chicken. But, nada! It wasn't until KFC started to sell their own brand
>> of chicken tenders, that one actually could find some real meat (breast),
>> in them.

> I had a similar experience when I looked at the "roast beef" in my
> sandwich from Arby's. It wasn't covered in batter and deep fried, but it
> sure as heck was carved from a roast.

And it's sickly and weirdly sweet!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:06:31 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

> What to do with the vein?
> Leave it? Rip it out?
>
> No recipe in mind but I do a lot of boneless wing stuff. I normally use thigh.
> Will it disappear when cooked?
> In the past i have removed it but am I wasting time?

Since I didn't really didn't see an answer, you really just need to
snip off the exposed end, and *maybe* 1/4th of an inch into the
tender if it's thick. The rest is insignificant when cooked.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 21:45:03 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:06:31 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:
>
>> What to do with the vein?
>> Leave it? Rip it out?
>>
>> No recipe in mind but I do a lot of boneless wing stuff. I normally use thigh.
>> Will it disappear when cooked?
>> In the past i have removed it but am I wasting time?

>Since I didn't really didn't see an answer, you really just need to
>snip off the exposed end, and *maybe* 1/4th of an inch into the
>tender if it's thick. The rest is insignificant when cooked.
>
>-sw

That's cartilage... I grab the loose end with a paper towel and run it
along the edge of a sharp knife, when no more separates from the flesh
cut it off.