Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 'vegan delight' breakfast 18/11/2018

Had a wonderful breakfast this morning, one I try not to indulge in
too often (for health reasons). But I leave Thailand in 2 days for a
stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a few days, then Australia for a couple
of months :/ Possessions can own/control your life sometimes, in this
case it's my farm back in Tasmania. It's on the market but taking time
to sell. So I must return for a while and give the caretakers a break.

Anyway... back to breakfast. This is real, northern Thai Isaan food:

https://postimg.cc/TyqVtfGj

Buffalo (water buffalo, that is) laab dib - raw, diced buffalo, bile
and blood, with chilli, garlic and various spices:
https://postimg.cc/MfBgLnG3 I love this so much. I tried it cooked
before, because of the health risks, but it just isn't the same.

Sun dried buffalo meat strips. I guess you can call it buffalo jerky.
It's then been coated in something and then fried. Delicious.
https://postimg.cc/XrPmnKy1

This one my wife couldn't really successfully translate for me... but
from what I can tell, it's a bile broth of sorts with liver. It's okay
IMO but I wouldn't order it myself.
https://postimg.cc/3dRtW4hs

all of the above is eaten with sticky rice, and washed down with beer.
Aroy <G>

https://postimg.cc/8sFF5N3y
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:59:04 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>Had a wonderful breakfast this morning, one I try not to indulge in
>too often (for health reasons). But I leave Thailand in 2 days for a
>stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a few days, then Australia for a couple
>of months :/ Possessions can own/control your life sometimes, in this
>case it's my farm back in Tasmania.

It's not really a farm, of course
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:59:04 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>>
>>>Had a wonderful breakfast this morning, one I try not to indulge in
>>>too often (for health reasons). But I leave Thailand in 2 days for a
>>>stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a few days, then Australia for a couple
>>>of months :/ Possessions can own/control your life sometimes, in this
>>>case it's my farm back in Tasmania.

>> It's not really a farm, of course

>And you're not really a vegetarian. So that makes it even.

You're finally starting to get it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-18 9:05 a.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 15:49 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:05:08 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 10:05 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
>>> :

>>> And you're not really a vegetarian. So that makes it even.

>> You're finally starting to get it.

> Another friend of mine was a vegetarian for over 20 years. One day he
> tried a little bit of fish and, as he was so depleted in certain nutrients,
> the effect was instant and almost electric.
>
> It impressed and also worried him so much that from that day onward he went
> back to eating normally.

A few years ago there was a couple in Scotland who, after many years as
vegans felt "under the weather". Drs thought that their lifestyle was
healthy and couldn't find a solution. One day they decided out of
desperation to eat some meat and in no time felt well. So now they eat
meat once per week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:12:36 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-11-18 9:05 a.m., Pamela wrote:
>>
>> Another friend of mine was a vegetarian for over 20 years. One day he
>> tried a little bit of fish and, as he was so depleted in certain nutrients,
>> the effect was instant and almost electric.
>>
>> It impressed and also worried him so much that from that day onward he went
>> back to eating normally.
>>

>A few years ago there was a couple in Scotland who, after many years as
>vegans felt "under the weather". Drs thought that their lifestyle was
>healthy and couldn't find a solution. One day they decided out of
>desperation to eat some meat and in no time felt well. So now they eat
>meat once per week.

There are as many if not more stories of people who felt much better
after they stopped eating meat. We all love stories that confirm that
our lifestyle's the best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>>>A few years ago there was a couple in Scotland who, after many years
>>>as vegans felt "under the weather". Drs thought that their lifestyle
>>>was healthy and couldn't find a solution. One day they decided out of
>>>desperation to eat some meat and in no time felt well. So now they eat
>>>meat once per week.

>> There are as many if not more stories of people who felt much better
>> after they stopped eating meat.

>What does that have to do with some vegetarians lacking esential nutrients
>found only in animals?
>
>> We all love stories that confirm that
>> our lifestyle's the best.

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 18:25:43 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 18:21 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
:

>>>What does that have to do with some vegetarians lacking esential
>>>nutrients found only in animals?

>> If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.

>Let's try.

Some people say they feel better when they eat meat, others say they
feel better when they don't. I think you can feel good either way,
unless you have a specific condition maybe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 10:05 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:59:04 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:
>>
>>>Had a wonderful breakfast this morning, one I try not to indulge in
>>>too often (for health reasons). But I leave Thailand in 2 days for a
>>>stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a few days, then Australia for a couple
>>>of months :/ Possessions can own/control your life sometimes, in this
>>>case it's my farm back in Tasmania.

>> It's not really a farm, of course

>And you're not really a vegetarian. So that makes it even.

LOL, he's still trying the bait me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:34:23 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:05:08 GMT, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 10:05 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
m:

>>> It's not really a farm, of course

>>And you're not really a vegetarian. So that makes it even.

>LOL, he's still trying the bait me

Is it working, Mr Farmer?