Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Raw peanuts

I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.

When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!

What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.

They're practically inedible, this way. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-06 12:19 PM, notbob wrote:
> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
> nb

Squirrel food!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Nov 2018 19:19:56 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
>When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
>What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
>They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
>nb

for the squirrels
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
> nb

Yep! Boiled Peanuts are no better!

GOTTA ROAST AND LIGHTLY SALT!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-6, notbob wrote:

> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
> nb

I've roasted peanuts in the shell on a cookie sheet in the oven years ago.
Can these shelled peanuts also be roasted?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:55:19 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
>>
>> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>>
>> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>>
>> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>>
>> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>>
>> nb
>>

>I've roasted peanuts in the shell on a cookie sheet in the oven years ago.
>Can these shelled peanuts also be roasted?

Why not?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.

Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.

-------------------
Directions:

1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
continue to cook as they cool.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...peanuts-238625
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-06 2:07 PM, Gary wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>>
>> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>>
>> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>>
>> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>>

> Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
> friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
> them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.
>
> -------------------
> Directions:
>
> 1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
> shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
> 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
> and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
> 3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
> continue to cook as they cool.

Then put them in the bird feeder:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Nov 2018 19:19:56 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
>When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
>What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
>They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
>nb

https://www.pnuts.net/recipe_view/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
>> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>>
>> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>>
>> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>>
>> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>>
>> nb

> Yep! Boiled Peanuts are no better!
>
> GOTTA ROAST AND LIGHTLY SALT!
>
> John Kuthe...

They are the best! You would fit right in there, too!

http://hawksboiledpeanuts.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/6/2018 2:19 PM, notbob wrote:
> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
> nb

Peanut brittle.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default In case you missed my reply (WAS: Raw peanuts)

On 11/6/2018 2:19 PM, notbob wrote:
> I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|
>
> nb

Of course they're inedible, they're raw! I read through the replies
and noticed a number of people suggested roasting them. Sure, that'll
work. A couple mentioned boiling them, uh, I wouldn't.

My answer is Peanut Brittle! You *want* raw unsalted shelled peanuts
for brittle, yes even with skins on. Reason being, cooked peanuts would
burn (or at least seriously taste bad) after cooking in the sugary syrup
concoction until it reaches the hard crack stage. I used to make peanut
brittle every holiday season, since I was a teenager.

I got the recipe when I was 16. A neighbor boy on the next street and I
were friends. I was in their kitchen one day not long after
Thanksgiving. His mother offered me some of her homemade peanut
brittle. WOW! This is delicious! I asked her for the recipe and she
wrote it down for me. I went home all excited, told my mother we were
going to make peanut brittle! That's a fun memory.

I haven't made peanut brittle in at least 15 years. I'm thinking about
looking for some raw peanuts and making some this year.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Nov 2018 19:19:56 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
>When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
>didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
>What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
>Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
>They're practically inedible, this way. 8|

You can stir fry them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
>I jes bought a 30 oz bag o' "raw peanuts" from WW.
>
> When I say "raw", I mean "raw"! No salt. No roast. No shell. They
> didn't even take the skins off! They are seriously raw! Bleah!!
>
> What can I do with 'em? I gotta blender and an FP. Peanut butter?
> Roast 'em? I got plenty o' cookie sheets.
>
> They're practically inedible, this way. 8|

Feed to the birds or squirrels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
> > friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
> > them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.
> >
> > -------------------
> > Directions:
> >
> > 1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
> > shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
> > 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
> > and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
> > 3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
> > continue to cook as they cool.
> >

> Then put them in the bird feeder:-)

lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
never dealt with raw ones.

Like most vegetables, fresh raw peanuts (then cooked at home) are
much superior to store bought ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 8:00:59 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> graham wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
> > > friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
> > > them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.
> > >
> > > -------------------
> > > Directions:
> > >
> > > 1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
> > > shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
> > > 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
> > > and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
> > > 3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
> > > continue to cook as they cool.
> > >

> > Then put them in the bird feeder:-)

> lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
> never dealt with raw ones.

I'm in the former group. I'm just not that crazy about peanuts.
They're ok as a garnish on Thai or Vietnamese food, but for the
most part I avoid things with peanuts, although I'll very, very
occasionally eat peanut butter and crackers.

Not liking peanuts (or cheese) keeps me out of a lot of trouble
when I'm contemplating the snack machine at work. Most of the
candy has peanuts; most of the salty snacks have cheese.

My kryptonite in the snack machine is plain potato chips. Luckily,
those tend to sell out first.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-07 6:00 AM, Gary wrote:
> graham wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
>>> friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
>>> them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.
>>>
>>> -------------------
>>> Directions:
>>>
>>> 1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
>>> shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
>>> 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
>>> and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
>>> 3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
>>> continue to cook as they cool.
>>>

>> Then put them in the bird feeder:-)

> lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
> never dealt with raw ones.

I have! But about a year ago I just got turned off by the flavour.
Perhaps it was age, mine, not the peanuts!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 08:00:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>graham wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > Boil or roast them. I get a bag of in-shell each year from a
>> > friend that owns a farm about 60 miles from here. I always roast
>> > them. Salt not necessary but you can salt them.
>> >
>> > -------------------
>> > Directions:
>> >
>> > 1. Place raw peanuts, in shell or shelled, one layer deep in a
>> > shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salt over. (optional)
>> > 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
>> > and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.
>> > 3. Remove from heat just short of doneness desired, as peanuts
>> > continue to cook as they cool.
>> >

>> Then put them in the bird feeder:-)

>lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
>never dealt with raw ones.
>
>Like most vegetables, fresh raw peanuts (then cooked at home) are
>much superior to store bought ones.

I've tried boiled peanuts but don't like them. I buy many products
from this company and enjoy most, I just don't care for the boiled
peanuts. Walmart sells this brand.
https://margaretholmes.com/category/boiled-peanuts/
I don't like peanut butter however I love in-shell roasted peanuts.
I do like other nut butters, we always have almond butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2018 6:00 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> 2. Roast in a 350 degree F oven; 15 to 20 minutes for shelled
>>> and 20 to 25 minutes for in shell peanuts.

> lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
> never dealt with raw ones.

Gary, yer recipe worked great! .....except I "over" roasted 'em and they
came out almost burnt.

Turns out, I used the "25" mins fer the "in-shell" nuts. BUT, I still
got plenty left. I'll jes try again.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2018 2:14 PM, notbob wrote:

>> lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
>> never dealt with raw ones.

> Gary, yer recipe worked great! .....except I "over" roasted 'em and they
> came out almost burnt.
>
> Turns out, I used the "25" mins fer the "in-shell" nuts.Â* BUT, I still
> got plenty left.Â* I'll jes try again.Â*
>
> nb

Awww, come on! Make some peanut brittle. It's the *only* thing I
recommend for raw shelled peanuts.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:33:23p, jmcquown told us...

>>> Gary, yer recipe worked great! .....except I "over" roasted 'em
>>> and they came out almost burnt.
>>>
>>> Turns out, I used the "25" mins fer the "in-shell" nuts.ÂÂ* BUT, I
>>> still got plenty left.ÂÂ* I'll jes try again.ÂÂ*
>>>
>>> nb

>> Awww, come on! Make some peanut brittle. It's the *only* thing I
>> recommend for raw shelled peanuts.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I hadn't made peanut brittle in a long time, but I did make a batch
> abou two weeks ago. I make mine in the microwave, as I also do with
> pecan pralines. Both are simple and quick. I used raw redskin
> peanuts.

I don't mind standing and stirring a pot of peanut brittle. But yes, it
requires raw peanuts.

I remember going to a "holiday" gathering once where a friend of my
brother brought some of her homemade peanut brittle. She used already
roasted peanuts and all I could taste was burnt peanuts. Ugh!

The recipe I have calls for small raw red "Spanish" peanuts. But hey,
as long as they are raw I don't see why what nb has wouldn't work. If
they are larger raw peanuts, just don't add as many. The butter brickle
is the best part of peanut brittle.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2018 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> The recipe I have calls for small raw red "Spanish" peanuts.Â* But hey,
> as long as they are raw I don't see why what nb has wouldn't work.

You have posted this recipe, when/where?

C'mon Jill, even I do not brag on'a recipe w/o a link/recipe/etc.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut Brittle (WAS: Raw peanuts)

On 11/7/2018 7:00 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 11/7/2018 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> The recipe I have calls for small raw red "Spanish" peanuts.Â* But hey,
>> as long as they are raw I don't see why what nb has wouldn't work.

> You have posted this recipe, when/where?
>
> C'mon Jill, even I do not brag on'a recipe w/o a link/recipe/etc.Â*
>
> nb

Okay, I'm sure I've posted this in years past. So, here's a scan of my
scanned hand-written recipe card

Front:

https://i.postimg.cc/mr23fhyr/peanut-brittle1.jpg

The flip-side:

https://i.postimg.cc/1RNGZkwD/peanut-brittle2.jpg

Very tasty! BTW, it is important it reach 300F on the candy
thermometer. Hard crack stage. Takes a little patience but it's worth
it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 21:19:21 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/7/2018 7:00 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 11/7/2018 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> The recipe I have calls for small raw red "Spanish" peanuts.* But hey,
>>> as long as they are raw I don't see why what nb has wouldn't work.

>> You have posted this recipe, when/where?
>>
>> C'mon Jill, even I do not brag on'a recipe w/o a link/recipe/etc.*
>>
>> nb

>Okay, I'm sure I've posted this in years past. So, here's a scan of my
>scanned hand-written recipe card
>
>Front:
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/mr23fhyr/peanut-brittle1.jpg
>
>The flip-side:
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/1RNGZkwD/peanut-brittle2.jpg

Your handwriting looks similar to mine. OMG, what does that mean?!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2018 1:14 PM, notbob wrote:

>> lol. Sounds like many here either don't like peanuts or they've
>> never dealt with raw ones.

> Gary, yer recipe worked great! .....except I "over" roasted 'em and they
> came out almost burnt.
>
> Turns out, I used the "25" mins fer the "in-shell" nuts.Â* BUT, I still
> got plenty left.Â* I'll jes try again.Â*
>
> nb

If they are regular peanuts (as opposed to the smaller Spanish redskins
or Valencia peanuts) I find that they do not work well for peanut
butter. I often buy what it sounds like you have and roast them in a
rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven (take the pan
out and stir the peanuts after the first 10 minutes and then start
checking every 5 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone). They are
good for snacking. I usually combine them with those small Asian rice
cracker mixes. They make a nice snack.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> On Wed 07 Nov 2018 02:57:03p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 11/7/2018 4:32 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:33:23p, jmcquown told us...

>>> I hadn't made peanut brittle in a long time, but I did make a
>>> batch abou two weeks ago. I make mine in the microwave, as I
>>> also do with pecan pralines. Both are simple and quick. I used
>>> raw redskin peanuts.
>>>

>> I don't mind standing and stirring a pot of peanut brittle. But
>> yes, it requires raw peanuts.

> I wouldn't mind standing and stiring a pot of peanut brittle either,
> but I was given a great m/w recipe that takes only 6 minutes to cook
> (in three stages). Two minutes, stir, cook one minute, stir and add
> peanuts, cook two more minutes, then at the end add vanilla, butter,
> and baking soda. At the end spread on a large baking sheet covered
> with parchment paper.

The microwave recipe I use doesn't call for raw peanuts. I have never burned
them but do need to watch it closely. I make it about once a year.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...eanut-brittle/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 04:57:25 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 07 Nov 2018 07:22:39p, Brice told us...
>
>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 21:19:21 -0500, jmcquown
>> > wrote:

>>>Okay, I'm sure I've posted this in years past. So, here's a scan
>>>of my scanned hand-written recipe card
>>>
>>>Front:
>>>
>>>https://i.postimg.cc/mr23fhyr/peanut-brittle1.jpg
>>>
>>>The flip-side:
>>>
>>>https://i.postimg.cc/1RNGZkwD/peanut-brittle2.jpg

>> Your handwriting looks similar to mine. OMG, what does that mean?!
>>

>You're either a twin or a forger? :-)

Lol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 07 Nov 2018 02:57:03p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 11/7/2018 4:32 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:33:23p, jmcquown told us...

>>> I hadn't made peanut brittle in a long time, but I did make a
>>> batch abou two weeks ago. I make mine in the microwave, as I
>>> also do with pecan pralines. Both are simple and quick. I used
>>> raw redskin peanuts.
>>>

>> I don't mind standing and stirring a pot of peanut brittle. But
>> yes, it requires raw peanuts.

> I wouldn't mind standing and stiring a pot of peanut brittle either,
> but I was given a great m/w recipe that takes only 6 minutes to cook
> (in three stages). Two minutes, stir, cook one minute, stir and add
> peanuts, cook two more minutes, then at the end add vanilla, butter,
> and baking soda. At the end spread on a large baking sheet covered
> with parchment paper.

Well, there's no vanilla in my recipe and definitely no parchment paper.

I've made almond butter toffee in the microwave (using raw slivered
almonds). Not saying either method is better.

> I normally use raw redskin peanuts, but on occasion have used just
> plain raw peanuts.
>
> The pecan pralines take the same amount of time to cook. Of the two
> basic types of pralines, I prefer the "crisp" type. I don't care for
> the creamy version.
>
> I know you wouldn't want to eat any of this. :-)

I don't mind pralines but it wouldn't be my first choice for candy.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brice wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >https://i.postimg.cc/mr23fhyr/peanut-brittle1.jpg
> >

> Your handwriting looks similar to mine. OMG, what does that mean?!

Just means that you have girlie-girl handwriting, you pansie!@
Why am I not surprised? ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2018 10:35 PM, dejamos wrote:
> rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven (take the pan
> out and stir the peanuts after the first 10 minutes and then start
> checking every 5 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone).

I jes put some in.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 11/7/2018 10:35 PM, dejamos wrote:
> > rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven (take the pan
> > out and stir the peanuts after the first 10 minutes and then start
> > checking every 5 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone).

> I jes put some in.
>
> nb

Lettuce no how it turns out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-08, jmcquown > wrote:

> Very tasty! BTW, it is important it reach 300F on the candy
> thermometer. Hard crack stage. Takes a little patience but it's worth
> it.

Got 'em.

Thnx fer the temp info. I jes happen to have a "candy
thermometer".

The roasted peanuts came out jes right. I munching on them as we
type. Put a tad bit o' Creole spice on 'em, too.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 09:22:50 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Brice wrote:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> >https://i.postimg.cc/mr23fhyr/peanut-brittle1.jpg
>> >

>> Your handwriting looks similar to mine. OMG, what does that mean?!

>Just means that you have girlie-girl handwriting, you pansie!@
>Why am I not surprised? ;-D

You probably think it's caused by not eating enough meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/8/2018 10:51 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 11/7/2018 10:35 PM, dejamos wrote:
>> rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven (take the
>> pan out and stir the peanuts after the first 10 minutes and then start
>> checking every 5 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone).

> I jes put some in.Â*
>
> nb

I hope they turned out ok!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/8/2018 4:58 PM, dejamos wrote:

> I hope they turned out ok!

They did, thanks to you and Gary.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/8/2018 9:02 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 11/8/2018 4:58 PM, dejamos wrote:
>
>> I hope they turned out ok!

> They did, thanks to you and Gary.Â*
>
> nb

I'm glad it worked out for you. They are my main go-to snack.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-09, dejamos > wrote:

> I'm glad it worked out for you. They are my main go-to snack.

Yes. I LOVE peanuts. Apparently, I'm not allergic to gluten,
either (Yay!).

I'm gonna try Jill's brittle, tho. I need a viable excuse to riddle
my body with sugar. Fact is, I have so little sugar, around here, I may
hafta go into town and buy some more.

nb

Peanuts notbob General Cooking 5 27-09-2018 12:31 AM
Raw Peanuts Silvar Beitel General Cooking 14 09-01-2008 06:44 AM
More peanuts Dav General Cooking 896 15-01-2007 11:09 PM
Peanuts Sheldon General Cooking 2 01-11-2006 10:49 PM
Peanuts on Airplane mary General Cooking 152 28-01-2004 02:44 AM